Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked adding entry to host file | MWBAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

se7engz

Downloaded
128.7 GB
Uploaded
115.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
hi yall.
i downloaded malware bytes because i think i may have contracted some malware. the readme states to add this entry to the host file.
host-mwb-resize.png

i find the host file (C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/
copy it to my desktop open it add | 0.0.0.0 keystone.mwbsys.com | to the first spot and save then i put it back in the folder where i first got it.
run malware bytes and still cant get it to update, i get this error every time
host-errorr-resize.jpg

can anyone shed some light on what to do? ive downloaded a few different malwarebytes and all the times Ive run into issues so not sure why but just looking for some help
thank you guys

Harry Hole

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
452 GB
Uploaded
2.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Make sure to open the host as admin the host file maybe set to read only so you need to uncheck this, or you will just save a copy I'm sure someone will be able to explain it better than me :)
also some security progs will prevent you editing the host file you may need to disable them

hamabe

: It's that time again : 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
The issue here is most likely, you are using a Local account with no Administrator access
or the malware is preventing any changes made to the host file or other system files

I would recommend using the demo version of Malwarebytes for now since your system has been compromised
Let the scan run and see if it detects any malware and remove them
then restart your PC

you can try doing the step recommended above by @harry hole after the initial scan
try to check the contents after saving the host file if you see the changes had been made

If this will fail, you can go in Safe boot and do this step

QkCTVo.png

Loveena

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
12.6 GB
Uploaded
8.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Uncheck Auto Update in MalwareBytes

se7engz

Downloaded
128.7 GB
Uploaded
115.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Uncheck Auto Update in MalwareBytes
sure thing thank you for the responses guys I will let you know how it goes
i am about to run some scans and try to edit the host file again.

so where exactly am i supposed to put the entry?
host-whereto-resize.png

se7engz

Downloaded
128.7 GB
Uploaded
115.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
hey i dont know who moved me into the appropriate category but thank you. I should have thought to put it in the request help section.

Make sure to open the host as admin the host file maybe set to read only so you need to uncheck this, or you will just save a copy I'm sure someone will be able to explain it better than me :)
also some security progs will prevent you editing the host file you may need to disable them

erobbins

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
198.1 GB
Uploaded
4.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
If you are using something like Notepad to edit the HOSTS file, make sure there is no extension when saving. Notepad will want to add .txt (hosts.txt) you don't want that. When saving the Hosts file put quotation marks before and after "Hosts" and notepad will save without any extension.

gazza70

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
45.2 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Adding to this topic im curious, does anyone know if there is any dedicated pc software to open, edit and save the modified hosts file etc?

Mirkec

Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
57.6 GB
Uploaded
16 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
83 (96)
Member for 6 years
Adding to this topic im curious, does anyone know if there is any dedicated pc software to open, edit and save the modified hosts file etc?
Blue Life Host Editor, Host Block, HostsCK, HostMan...
... and similar key words in Google will give you more apps

gazza70

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
45.2 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Blue Life Host Editor, Host Block, HostsCK, HostMan...
... and similar key words in Google will give you more apps
Thanks buddy appreciated, wasnt sure were to start

erobbins

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
198.1 GB
Uploaded
4.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Did a google, got several hits for editing Hosts file. Lifewire has some good tips in their "how to edit the hosts file".

Some versions of Windows won't allow saving directly to the "etc" folder (where Hosts resides). So this article shows how to save from Notepad to documents or desktop then copy and paste from there to the etc folder. Pretty useful tips.

Another hit led to a recommendation to use Hosts File Editor which looks good.

And the Major Geeks website has several dedicated editors to choose from.

Toxined

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
20 GB
Uploaded
101.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Did a google, got several hits for editing Hosts file. Lifewire has some good tips in their "how to edit the hosts file".

Some versions of Windows won't allow saving directly to the "etc" folder (where Hosts resides). So this article shows how to save from Notepad to documents or desktop then copy and paste from there to the etc folder. Pretty useful tips.

Another hit led to a recommendation to use Hosts File Editor which looks good.

And the Major Geeks website has several dedicated editors to choose from.
Try this. But as far as I see, my best guess is some malware is preventing you from editing host file. Better you should scan it in safe mode. Also you could edit the host file while you are in safe mode.

Edit:
The way you did is totally correct. Copy somewhere else and move back to the original location. Sorry I've notice it when read it for the second time. My bad. 🙇‍♂️
Try free version and do as Mr. @hamabe told.

Last edited:

MisterC

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
204.1 GB
Uploaded
5.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
You can also try Notepad++
It's a powerful text/code editor, works like a charm and it's completely free as well.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
QkbVz9.png