Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked BSoD | Live Kernel Event 141

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamabe

: It's that time again : 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I had a client earlier with this issue and we could not resolve the Live Kernel Event
I was wondering if anyone has any solution to the issue or what we missed

Gigabyte X570 board
EVGA RTX 3080
32Gb ram
SSD OS Drive

I only had remote access to the device and no physical access to test for the setup
He had the issue prior to changing all the individual hardware but the processor and SSD storage
So he is still having the same issue on his 2nd device
Issue happens only when running game application and causes BSoD

What was done
Clean Installation Windows 10 22H2 Retail
Clean Boot
Driver updates from OEM
Safe Mode, Display Driver Uninstaller > Clean install GPU driver > Install OEM Driver > BSoD
GeForce Experience Drivers January, February, March Display drivers > BSoD
Client-side testing
Memory Diagnostics > Passed
PSU Testing > No issues
SSD > Crystal disk, Healthy

What was not done
Testing one Memory kit at a time
Using a UPS instead of directly plugging System unit to wall socket
Manage 3D settings to use Discrete Nvidia GPU
Use Native resolution display
Clean install to another drive

Jerry Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
70.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
374 (426)
Member for 9 years
Live kernel event 141 indicates hardware failure and most of the times at GPU, HDD, or memory.
So better check his memory sticks and install it in another HDD.
He can also plug it in wall socket instead of using the UPS (just to be sure)

Sharrow

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
368.3 GB
Uploaded
631.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I had a quick look on elGoog..

Seems that it can be caused by quite a few things most of which you've tested for.
One person on the Microshaft website claimed that after much testing, that the cause in his case was a bad GPU...

I found this prog called FurMark which tests the GPU.. might be worth a shot..

Goodluck!

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
218 (230)
Member for 5 years
Start with the GPU driver. Go to the manufacturer and get the actual driver from them instead of using a one size fits all driver installer.

Alessia_Amelia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.7 TB
Uploaded
51.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
May we suggest as it seems to happen only when gaming: On the EVGA RTX 3080 video card voltage tolerance of 1 volt setting may help. the voltage and core speed may not be configured together correctly and drawing too much power when gaming as most new games are notorious power hogs..
Under voltage your video card to 1v and core clock to 2ghz. Found this resolved this issue for this particular video card according to a techie we discussed this with via chat at the manufacturer's support site. Hope this helps.

Elzer

Banned
Downloaded
146.2 GB
Uploaded
3.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
34 (33)
Member for 7 years
Download and install WhoCrashed software.....

WhoCrashed is a comprehensible crash dump analyzer. It analyzes the system crashes of your computer or a remote computer on the network.

If your computer has displayed a blue (or black) screen of death or rebooted suddenly then your system may have crashed because of a malfunctioning device driver or because of a hardware failure. WhoCrashed will go to great lengths to help you find the root cause of the problem and a solution if available. It will analyze the crash dump files on your system or a system on the network with the single click of a button. In case the problem is caused by a malfunctioning driver, it will tell you what drivers are likely to be responsible for crashing your computer. In case of a hardware failure, it will tell you the most likely root cause and how to fix the problem.

When the analysis process is complete, WhoCrashed will write a report that offers suggestions on how to proceed in any situation, including internet links which will help you further troubleshoot any detected problems.

QTPrX8.png
QTQxbR.png

Check your PM Inbox

Last edited:

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I've have a system based on 5950x, it was highly unstable at first.
Crashing while playing was just a matter of time, but it liked to hung on me at random points as well.
The errors varied, from kernel, to hardware, including drives errors, lack of ability to write to them,
ending on straight cpu errors connected with hardware failure.

Because of share number of things that I've done/tried to stabilize it, and that it happened around a year ago,
some details are a bit fuzzy. The first thing that helped for sure was switching off the cpu Boost mode in bios.
Funny enough not installing Battlefield 2042 and stuff connected with it, seamed to help also.

Now it works for 2 months without a reboot, so there is hope brother.

Megaraider

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
24.7 GB
Uploaded
133.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
The RTX 3080 are well known for causing BSoD !
Furthermore, it may trigger several error codes.

Causes may vary (a lot):
from hardware (the PSU), BIOS settings (leave them default or optimal to test debug),
and last but not least - the driver version (a real pain in the... it's really a trial and error thing until success happens. Therefore forget close driver releases, use 3 to 6 months apart realeses) .

Take a look at g00gle, (enough) key words 'BSoD RTX 3080'

hamabe

: It's that time again : 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thank you all for the input, it also matched what I had read about the RTX 3080 design flaws
It was a big issue 2 years ago after launching so I was able to connect the dots.

This thread may now be closed.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.