Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Google has announced a solution for businesses facing the end of support for Windows 10 next year.

Image:
Google targets Windows refugees with ChromeOS Flex

Google has announced a solution for businesses facing the end of support for Windows 10 next year.​

The company is introducing ChromeOS Flex, an auto-updating version of the Chrome operating system that can be installed on Windows devices. This move potentially saves millions of PCs from ending up in landfills once Microsoft discontinues support for Windows 10 on 14th October 2025.
With ChromeOS Flex, users can continue receiving regular security updates and features like data encryption on their Windows 10 systems. This ensures that these devices can still be used securely.
According to a report by Canalys Research, around 240 million PCs could be discarded if they're no longer supported by Windows 10. However, many of these devices could remain functional for years to come, providing a sustainable alternative to disposal.
ChromeOS, although significantly less popular than Windows, offers a viable option for extending the lifespan of these devices. As of January 2024, ChromeOS held only a 1.8% share of the worldwide desktop OS market, compared to Windows' dominating share of about 73%, as reported by Statcounter.
One of the challenges with ChromeOS has been its limited compatibility with legacy Windows applications and productivity suites commonly used by businesses. However, Google aims to address this issue by enabling users to stream legacy Windows and productivity applications through ChromeOS Flex, making them accessible on their devices via data center processing.
This innovative approach not only prolongs the usefulness of Windows devices but also opens up new possibilities for businesses looking to transition away from traditional operating systems.
Other solutions to extending the life of aging PCs and laptops exist, of course. Several distributions of Linux are specifically engineered to run on older devices, with some designed to closely replicate the Windows look-and-feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
I'll pass..... I will either go Linux or just build a Win10 I like and use it. Either way, it will last me MY lifetime :)

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
BlissOS, Android x86, FydeOS, plenty of similar alternatives with different benefits and options than Flex.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
256 (264)
Member for 7 years