Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Help From Laptop Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayJay48

Power User
Downloaded
51.6 GB
Uploaded
201.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
2 (2)
Member for 5 years
So, I hope someone can help here. I have bought two caddys now, thinking first one might be defective. The problem is it (they) don't read anywhere. HDD is good, I have tested. Everything fits together good and slides right into place. What am I missing? Or what are the chances of this caddy just being a peice of junk?
Qvvp9K.png

hrcan24

Downloaded
44.5 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
When you insert the HDD together with the caddy, can you see them in the BIOS?

dlcfeeder

Downloaded
64.7 GB
Uploaded
10.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
what laptop & brand type?
already check bios setting? detect or not?

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
I did not know and I have never used this adapter, the only thing that caught my attention in the product title is this: "..for DELL HP Lenovo ThinkPad ACER Gateway ASUS Sony Samsung MSI Laptop"

Do you use any of those laptops?

Edit:
I found this: How-to HDD Caddy is not working!

https://hddcaddy.eu/hdd-caddy-is-not-working/

Last edited:

hrcan24

Downloaded
44.5 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
@JayJay48 BIOS settings vary between various laptop brands and models. If the caddy with HDD is still not recognized, reset the BIOS settings to initialize the new hardware.

If you are unable to boot from the HDD in the caddy, you might want to take a look at the UEFI settings. Enable the port SATA option in your BIOS settings if it is available.

Lastly, have you confirmed that your laptop brand and model would accept the SSD/HDD before trying all that?

JayJay48

Power User
Downloaded
51.6 GB
Uploaded
201.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
2 (2)
Member for 5 years
So, it's HP laptop. I just want to use for storage. Not dual booting. Problem is not reading anywhere. BIOS, Device Manager, Disk Manager, Explorer. I guess I have been duped. :(

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
So, it's HP laptop. I just want to use for storage. Not dual booting. Problem is not reading anywhere. BIOS, Device Manager, Disk Manager, Explorer. I guess I have been duped. :(

Have you read the tutorial that I shared in my previous post?
Anyway Amazon is serious, if the item does not work you can return it without problems.

JayJay48

Power User
Downloaded
51.6 GB
Uploaded
201.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
2 (2)
Member for 5 years
Have you read the tutorial that I shared in my previous post?
Anyway Amazon is serious, if the item does not work you can return it without problems.
Been through all of Google. Thanks for reply. I have a headache.

Don AL

Downloaded
178.8 GB
Uploaded
326.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Donrt waste time if its not working just get a external 2.5" case for your extra hdd as storage. If all the steps that people here mentioned is not working then most probably is your laptop sata connection port problem. remove the laptop back cover and try again so you can see clearly if the caddy is correctly attached or not.

FishAping

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
342.3 GB
Uploaded
61.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
what hp model ?
some models dont support a second hdd only dvd/cd drive
did you have dvd drive in it ....was it working ok ? if so the port for the drive is ok

i have used these caddys alot never had a problem
hope this helps

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@JayJay48 I'm sorry about what's happening to you with your caddy, but I think we've already given you all the possible solutions from a distance.
Try it on another laptop to see if it works, if not, return it to Amazon.
There is no other thing dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.