Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tips & Tricks How to remove download limit on MEGA and download as much content as you like

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years

How to remove download limit on MEGA and download as much content as you like

QzMFB8.png

Removing the download limit on MEGA is something that most users of the free version would like to achieve. This condition that prevents downloading more than 1GB of data (or 5GB, in the case of the United States), is somewhat annoying. Having to wait anywhere from 5 to 24 hours, depending on where you are, is not pleasant, especially if you need the files urgently.

Luckily, there is a simple method that you can use in three different ways to get rid of the MEGA download limit. The trick is to change your IP address using a VPN, Internet Proxy, or by using the MegaDownloader software.

For this thread we will use the last solution by adding a VPN. ;)

Using Megadownloader + Psiphon 3 VPN

As the last alternative in this list of methods to remove the MEGA download limit, there is the Megadownloader program. This is software that performs a similar function to other tools, such as JDownloader or torrent clients. By using it, you can get rid of the annoying restriction that prevents you from continuing to download past 1GB or 5GB.

In the following MEGA download link you will have a RAR file that contains both applications.

VirusTotal Report:

When decompressing RAR you will find 4 files like the ones you see in the following screenshot (DO NOT remove any) Don't worry if the versions are not updated, with these files it works up to date!:

QzMWAs.png

Step 1: We are going to install MegaDownloader by running the corresponding exe as administrator and choosing to create a shortcut on the desktop, accept ToS to allow the app to be installed (if any web link is opened, closing it is not necessary).
We close installer or app if we open it.

Step 2: We execute the Psiphon.exe file and connect it as seen in the following screenshot (if any web link is opened, closing it is not necessary).

QzMbic.png

Step 3: We open MegaDownloader from the shortcut that we have created on the desktop.

QzME3z.png

QzMp0M.png

Step 4: We copy the MEGA link that we want to download to the clipboard.
If we did not do it before, it is advisable to have it written in a notepad and then select it and copy it.

QzM3Wv.png

Step 5: As you will see, a window will automatically open in MegaDownloader with the MEGA link, there we must write a name and choose a path for the download and click on add links.

QzM4rE.png

Step 6: If the download speed is slow, we must wait a few minutes after the file begins to download and proceed to disconnect Psiphon.

QzMSud.png

QzMsD9.png

We will see that the MegaDownloader download pauses for a few seconds and then continues downloading at the speed of our Internet connection with our ISP!

QzM15t.png

TIP: You can also change the VPN region to speed up the download, but it has worked for me in the way that I have told you, simply by disconnecting it.

If something is not understood or does not work for you, do not hesitate to ask me in the comments.
If it worked for you, I also hope for your comments and your like. :)

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
88 (103)
Member for 3 years
Actually it works with any VPN app. Not just Psiphon. I used it with Freedom VPN, HotspotShield, CyberGhost, Hola, and a lot others. The only catch I found was to use any European or Mexican ISP node (since the data is ideally capped at 15-20GB per hour) and moreover, the VPN should be pro/fully activated, else it does not work.

Just for info: What the MegaDownloader does it, it connects to the VON/VPN and stores (as cookies/as session/as jsession ID) the connection data limit and then utilises the same cookie or session data after getting disconnected, but the bandwidth is of course utilised based on the connected ISP. This is an obfuscation in the MegaD code, but works wonderfully.
I have never faced any issue. But I hardly use Mega, so..

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Actually it works with any VPN app. Not just Psiphon. I used it with Freedom VPN, HotspotShield, CyberGhost, Hola, and a lot others. The only catch I found was to use any European or Mexican ISP node (since the data is ideally capped at 15-20GB per hour) and moreover, the VPN should be pro/fully activated, else it does not work.

Just for info: What the MegaDownloader does it, it connects to the VON/VPN and stores (as cookies/as session/as jsession ID) the connection data limit and then utilises the same cookie or session data after getting disconnected, but the bandwidth is of course utilised based on the connected ISP. This is an obfuscation in the MegaD code, but works wonderfully.
I have never faced any issue. But I hardly use Mega, so..
That's right, it works with any VPN, in this case I used Psiphon 3 for the tutorial.
It is also true that there is no need to abuse the downloads, it is convenient to let it rest after 1 hour of massive downloads and then continue downloading.
Thanks for your contributions dude. :)

ahrefsblogger

Downloaded
297.1 GB
Uploaded
6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hey, thanks for this amazing trick.
It worked perfectly fine. However, I am having an issue.
  1. Connected Psiphon and start downloading a 8GB file from Mega.
  2. After a minute or two, disconnected the Psiphon.
  3. Started getting maximum download speed. However, it stuck on 0 KB/s after downloading about 3GB.
  4. The download is not getting any speed if Psiphon is disconnected.
Am I doing something wrong or do we have a certain limit of downloading using this method?

Regards

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Hey, thanks for this amazing trick.
It worked perfectly fine. However, I am having an issue.
  1. Connected Psiphon and start downloading a 8GB file from Mega.
  2. After a minute or two, disconnected the Psiphon.
  3. Started getting maximum download speed. However, it stuck on 0 KB/s after downloading about 3GB.
  4. The download is not getting any speed if Psiphon is disconnected.
Am I doing something wrong or do we have a certain limit of downloading using this method?

Regards
This may be due to your ISP node, in some countries there are restrictions, I would not be able to answer you in which countries they apply.
I have seen comments from other users who have downloaded games and movies of several GB, always in parts trying not to download +15 or 20 GB per hour.
If you reconnect Psiphon does the download continue?

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
310.8 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I have dynamic IP, so my first thought is to discnnect/reconnect router (or restart). It's not working?

ahrefsblogger

Downloaded
297.1 GB
Uploaded
6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
This may be due to your ISP node, in some countries there are restrictions, I would not be able to answer you in which countries they apply.
I have seen comments from other users who have downloaded games and movies of several GB, always in parts trying not to download +15 or 20 GB per hour.
If you reconnect Psiphon does the download continue?

Hey
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, when I connect Psiphon, the download starts.

I tried doing this when the download stops with my ISP:
  1. Stop the Download.
  2. Connect Phiphon and start the download.
  3. After 15-20 seconds, PAUSE the download.
  4. Disconnect Psiphon and Resume the download.
It worked sometimes while sometimes not. Maybe I was trying to download a 8GB file in one go is the reason why I am facing this issue.
Will try downloading multiple 2-3GB files after certain intervals to see if I face this issue or not. :giggle:

Regards

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
I have dynamic IP, so my first thought is to discnnect/reconnect router (or restart). It's not working?

Whether it is a dynamic or static IP has nothing to do with this trick, do not touch the router. :shake:
What you have to connect and disconnect is the VPN (in this case Psiphon was used). :)

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
thank you for sharing this information, sounds cool.

illusions

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
203.8 GB
Uploaded
7.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thank you for the informations and detail instructions :)

jeopenny20

Downloaded
107.6 GB
Uploaded
695.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
thank you bro, good job :clap: