Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News LTSC vs PRO vs HOME

About Windows 10 LTSC versus Home or Pro​

First, I’ll clarify that Windows 10 LTSC (Long-Term Servicing Channel) is a special version of Windows 10 Enterprise which Microsoft primarily recommends for mission-critical applications and standalone boxes like cash registers, medical systems (such as those used for MRI and CAT scans), industrial process controllers and air traffic control devices. Even though the standard Home or Pro versions of Windows 10 thankfully returned update control to the user with version 1903 released at the end of May 2019, there are still many benefits to the parallel Windows 10 LTSC version:
  • Virtually no bloatware is pre-installed (as there is with Windows 10 Home and Pro), which saves about 5 GB of space. Also, the bloatware apps can’t be running in the background the way many of them do when installed (unless manually deactivated or manually uninstalled). Many people who install the standard Windows 10 Home or Pro later spend hours uninstalling bloatware and/or deactivating services to free space and improve performance (as covered by Chris Titus Tech in a detailed YouTube video, although he made it before the 1903 update, which makes some parts of it irrelevant). With Windows 10 LTSC, your installation thankfully starts with about 5GB less, so there is much less to remove or deactivate later. Instead of having to spend time uninstalling bloatware (or downloading a third party script to automate its deletion), you simply install less from the beginning. Many people find that to be more logical.
  • Rather than having to deactivate many reporting and other background services manually, they are already off by default, or —in some cases— you are given the option to deactivate them as part of a list shown just after installation.
  • Lack of nagware: “Try Office 365”, etc.
  • All drivers for Windows LTSC match the standard ones for Windows 10 Home or Pro, so there are no compatibility issues.
  • Although the Microsoft Store and Skype do not come pre-installed, you may certainly install them if desired.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have used and repaired EVERY MicroSlop OS since DOS 3.3, and in my "personal" experience, LTSC is simply "my" best alternative. If you dont need/want the Microsoft Store, then LTSC is a better option. Microsoft Store and OTHER products are available to install just in case you want them WITH LTSC. The Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) is designed for Windows 10 devices and use cases where the key requirement is that functionality and features don’t change over time.

Now, with that being said, PRO is a good OS, just comes with bloatware and always "Try Before You Buy" popups every other day it seems. PRO can be sorted out using you favorite "De-Bloater" of choice, but for "out-of-the-box" ease of use and stability, LTSC starts and is ready to go after installation without any additional steps. Not to mention the updates fiasco for PRO vs LTSC.

Mr Grimbahir

🔰 OS Forge Master - May he rest in peace 🔰
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
108.9 GB
Uploaded
18.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
52 (76)
Member for 4 years
It seems that your a great fan of LTSC over Pro and Home Editions. Although you are absolutely right, I find it hard to convince myself to use LTSC. It is fast, reliable, stable and bloatware-free.

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
It seems that your a great fan of LTSC over Pro and Home Editions. Although you are absolutely right, I find it hard to convince myself to use LTSC. It is fast, reliable, stable and bloatware-free.

It's really just a matter of preference. BOTH run well, but in "my" world, LTSC runs better for what "I" need a PC for.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11253 (11253)
Member for 8 years
It's really just a matter of preference. BOTH run well, but in "my" world, LTSC runs better for what "I" need a PC for.
LTSC best imo. Will never go back to Pro or anything else as long as supported.

Mr Grimbahir

🔰 OS Forge Master - May he rest in peace 🔰
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
108.9 GB
Uploaded
18.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
52 (76)
Member for 4 years
LTSC best imo. Will never go back to Pro or anything else as long as supported.
I have never used LTSC on my PC. I always go for Pro. I feel it is fast and has all what I need. As you say, It is a matter of preference.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
66.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
363 (414)
Member for 9 years
I have never used LTSC on my PC. I always go for Pro. I feel it is fast and has all what I need. As you say, It is a matter of preference.
If you go with LTSC you never go back to Pro or Home :p

ButchyBear

*GOLD CLASS VIP*
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.2 GB
Uploaded
2,712.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (13)
Member for 6 years
Thank you for this concise and clear explanation. I want a slick stable OS. I am wondering about the Microsoft store and what exactly it is needed for if it is needed at all. I do not use anything but Windows and Office from Microsoft if I can help it. I do use Edge Chromium as well as Google Chrome for banking reasons. Is Edge included on LTSC? I will PM you after looking through your LTSC builds. I do not game at all, I do use my POC for seeding, I use Office by MS and Music apps. Some communication apps like signal and Discord. Lastly, I use Adobe apps and use O&O for computer maintenance and some odds and ends, Win RAR, 7-ZIP, Unlocker, Fileyser, AVG, and a few others. Bells and whistles seem to do nothing more than get in the way of what I actually do on my main Server. I have a Laptop for Bells and Whistles. I am just worried about Cyler saying that LTSC CAN NOT be installed from within Windows Pro as an Upgrade and getting my 10,000++ seeds back and working has proven harder to do than it should.

Is it possible to change the installer so that LTSC can be installed as an upgrade? I may just have to wipe and reload, or stick with Workstation or Enterprise, as my Pro is slightly corrupted.
Look for a PM in the next day or so.
You are an amazingly talented person. Whether or not I use your posts, I always enjoy looking at them and admiring their artistic nature.

Peace,
~BB

MniawY

• STAFF™ 🌟
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
Downloaded
156.5 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
LTSC is the stable version of windows with the highest performance metrics. No potential updates that can brick your PC and no slowdowns. On top, a lot of the windows bloatware is officially removed or rather never installed in the 1st place (like Cortana) and its meant for users who care for performance and stability and don't care on having the latest versions that most of the times offer cosmetic things that can be had with other programs.

it is specifically designed for use in mission critical company work, where Windows needs to be kept clean and functioning, also on that version you will not receive Windows 10 updates on a regular basis like the consumer versions of WIndows (Home and Pro)

@ButchyBear, I Suggest You Go With That MSDN LTSC 21H2 @Jerry_Xristos Here :inlove: , Really It Will Surprise You !

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 21H2 10.0.19044.1288 x64 MSDN November 2021

And About Your Torrents, Aren't There Any Way to Backup Your All .torrent Files Then Re-Check Them All on The Cleanly Fresh Installed LTSC ?

========
Nice Thread @00Proteus00 , It Can Be My Reference If Someone Wanted To Know More About '' What LTSC Actually is ! '' :party: :inlove:

Last edited:

1ntr0v3rt3ch

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
499 GB
Uploaded
148.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
LTSC lover here! just switched yesterday from PRO to LTSC :)
Thanks @MniawY for the help.

BTW, @Gollapudi have a latest uploaded version of LTSC(1809).

Downloaded
978.2 GB
Uploaded
698.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
LTSC is really cool, I'm still using this version

AtlantisVip

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
87.4 GB
Uploaded
14.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I've never looked back after LTSC. So practical and light.

FaithGuidesMe

Downloaded
3.3 GB
Uploaded
1.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Wonderful post, knowledge is great when it comes to explaining and I honor you for doing so.

I didn't know this, but I always knew that this version of Windows (LTSC) has been like the secret version never revealed to normal users, thanks for this.

Much love,
-Faith.

JAAUs3r

Downloaded
3.7 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
A great explanation and cudos for it! My question, is there a windows 11 LTSC or is that something in the future?

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
A great explanation and cudos for it! My question, is there a windows 11 LTSC or is that something in the future?

Thanks and nope, not yet

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,341.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
I am user of LTSC the last 3 years and i will never change.. Clean and pure Windows. I am waiting for 11 LTSC like you do so we must be patient.
We don't know if Microsoft make 11 LTSC but it will be the bless of God. I use LTSC as always..

Last edited:

1ntr0v3rt3ch

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
499 GB
Uploaded
148.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@Jimmy Collaros you're using 1809 or 21H2?

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,341.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
@Jimmy Collaros you're using 1809 or 21H2?
They are the same the only difference for me are the letters and numbers and tittles nothing more.
THE RESULT IS THE SAME AND I LOVE IT. Win 10 LTSC is the best Operating System for me i don't know what others thinking.
And do you know from who i learned the LTSC? From the Author of this thread.

Last edited:

1ntr0v3rt3ch

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
499 GB
Uploaded
148.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@Jimmy Collaros I preferred 1809 too. Before I handle 100+ desktop pc in an office, existing setup is they are using pro version. I changed it to LTSB and LTSC, no issues at all, no more headache :D .

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,341.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
@Jimmy Collaros I preferred 1809 too. Before I handle 100+ desktop pc in an office, existing setup is they are using pro version. I changed it to LTSB and LTSC, no issues at all, no more headache :D .
My first installation of LTSC was in 2020 from an upload of 00Proteus00 then i saw his other uploads of Windows and i really loved him.
From this thread i met him and i loved him and all the versions of Windows i saw from him.

Last edited:

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
66.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
363 (414)
Member for 9 years
They are the same the only difference for me are the letters and numbers and tittles nothing more.
THE RESULT IS THE SAME AND I LOVE IT. Win 10 LTSC is the best Operating System for me i don't know what others thinking.
And do you know from who i learned the LTSC? From the Author of this thread.
There are differences, we have to admit that, not important for daily use, but there are.
For example you can't play the latest games like "Forza Horizon 5" in 1809 LTSC build, not a problem for me put for some gamers it is.
I guess adobe will be the next on this, in every new update it keep changes the requirments, so in a while I think in 1809 version you want be able install the latest version of adobes programs, espesially photoshop.