Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News LTSC vs PRO vs HOME

About Windows 10 LTSC versus Home or Pro​

First, I’ll clarify that Windows 10 LTSC (Long-Term Servicing Channel) is a special version of Windows 10 Enterprise which Microsoft primarily recommends for mission-critical applications and standalone boxes like cash registers, medical systems (such as those used for MRI and CAT scans), industrial process controllers and air traffic control devices. Even though the standard Home or Pro versions of Windows 10 thankfully returned update control to the user with version 1903 released at the end of May 2019, there are still many benefits to the parallel Windows 10 LTSC version:
  • Virtually no bloatware is pre-installed (as there is with Windows 10 Home and Pro), which saves about 5 GB of space. Also, the bloatware apps can’t be running in the background the way many of them do when installed (unless manually deactivated or manually uninstalled). Many people who install the standard Windows 10 Home or Pro later spend hours uninstalling bloatware and/or deactivating services to free space and improve performance (as covered by Chris Titus Tech in a detailed YouTube video, although he made it before the 1903 update, which makes some parts of it irrelevant). With Windows 10 LTSC, your installation thankfully starts with about 5GB less, so there is much less to remove or deactivate later. Instead of having to spend time uninstalling bloatware (or downloading a third party script to automate its deletion), you simply install less from the beginning. Many people find that to be more logical.
  • Rather than having to deactivate many reporting and other background services manually, they are already off by default, or —in some cases— you are given the option to deactivate them as part of a list shown just after installation.
  • Lack of nagware: “Try Office 365”, etc.
  • All drivers for Windows LTSC match the standard ones for Windows 10 Home or Pro, so there are no compatibility issues.
  • Although the Microsoft Store and Skype do not come pre-installed, you may certainly install them if desired.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have used and repaired EVERY MicroSlop OS since DOS 3.3, and in my "personal" experience, LTSC is simply "my" best alternative. If you dont need/want the Microsoft Store, then LTSC is a better option. Microsoft Store and OTHER products are available to install just in case you want them WITH LTSC. The Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) is designed for Windows 10 devices and use cases where the key requirement is that functionality and features don’t change over time.

Now, with that being said, PRO is a good OS, just comes with bloatware and always "Try Before You Buy" popups every other day it seems. PRO can be sorted out using you favorite "De-Bloater" of choice, but for "out-of-the-box" ease of use and stability, LTSC starts and is ready to go after installation without any additional steps. Not to mention the updates fiasco for PRO vs LTSC.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,269.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 7 years
There are differences, we have to admit that, not important for daily use, but there are.
For example you can't play the latest games like "Forza Horizon 5" in 1809 LTSC build, not a problem for me put for some gamers it is.
I guess adobe will be the next on this, in every new update it keep changes the requirments, so in a while I think in 1809 version you want be able install the latest version of adobes programs, espesially photoshop.
Of course they have differences but i said "for me" i don't mind if it is 1809 or 21H2. If i needed something and it is not supported it is meant i would use another OS.

edd333

Downloaded
12.2 GB
Uploaded
16.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Thanks you so much for sharing!

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
thank you everyone for your insight.

marybiha6

Downloaded
459.1 GB
Uploaded
280.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
very best information thank you sir so much

Florist

Downloaded
12.4 GB
Uploaded
147.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I like LTSC on VM. In the past I tried Pro on VM but it has too much bloatware and slows down VM.

illusions

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
203.8 GB
Uploaded
7.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thank you @Proteus00 and everyone for sharing your insights. I will wait for win11 LTSC.

Mihring Fapa

Downloaded
132.4 GB
Uploaded
341.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Thank you @00Proteus00 for very informative about LTSC.I Love Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC versions.Thanks to Sir @Jerry_Xristos for whom i heard about Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC version from him.

clefclef

Downloaded
4.6 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
What is the difference between Enterprise LTSC and IoT Enterprise LTSC,
apart from Extended End Date?

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
65.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
361 (412)
Member for 9 years
The Enterprise version is for general user and it is like Enterprise edition for other version of Windows. However, the IoT one is mainly target for developers and for IoT devices.
More here
Code:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/iot-enterprise/getting_started

clefclef

Downloaded
4.6 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Windows IoT Enterprise shares all the benefits of the worldwide Windows ecosystem. It is a binary equivalent to Windows Enterprise

Nice, tnx

aquaphx

Downloaded
10.6 GB
Uploaded
17.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
well.. it's an unpopular opinion.. but i dislike LTSB or IoT.. well from what i gather (don't know if it's right, it has printer issue a lot but probably for other windows 10 versions)..
well for resource , no bloatware.. it is nice..
but you can't upgrade except to another IoT version again ?? (Windows 11)..
well at first i just want a stable and fast and not doing anything else.. but now i kinda want to try new features.. and i'm kinda stuck.. cause clean install is really really troublesome for me cause I have a lot of applications data (not just the application), setting it all up probably might took 10-15x times than the clean install 😭😢😿

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
well.. it's an unpopular opinion.. but i dislike LTSB or IoT.. well from what i gather (don't know if it's right, it has printer issue a lot but probably for other windows 10 versions)..
well for resource , no bloatware.. it is nice..
but you can't upgrade except to another IoT version again ?? (Windows 11)..
well at first i just want a stable and fast and not doing anything else.. but now i kinda want to try new features.. and i'm kinda stuck.. cause clean install is really really troublesome for me cause I have a lot of applications data (not just the application), setting it all up probably might took 10-15x times than the clean install 😭😢😿
Why stuck and not have both? Make 2 partitions either on the same disk or different disks, one for testing new windows features (and other things like new drivers, new software, etc) through windows pro insider, and another stable LTSC for when you want to work. There is also the Virtual machine solution if you don't want to multiboot.

aquaphx

Downloaded
10.6 GB
Uploaded
17.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Why stuck and not have both? Make 2 partitions either on the same disk or different disks, one for testing new windows features (and other things like new drivers, new software, etc) through windows pro insider, and another stable LTSC for when you want to work. There is also the Virtual machine solution if you don't want to multiboot.
ah i didn't think that.. but probably because i just want to use 1 and if i use two, it's kinda hard migrating the data (applications specifically) but let's say I install win 11 on virtual machine (any recommendation? honestly i never use it 😋) and slowly setting up on the VM, I can make an ISO right from the VM.. (err i think it probably winPE ?)
sorry for the many question. But that is really a good idea 😊

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
In reality, it's a license difference and nothing more. IoT has some extra tools for when a company wants to run a single application full screen without the desktop being there (like kiosk PCs, PCs that operate large advertising screens, medical PCs, etc) Of course that applies if you are a company and you are buying several 100s if not 1000s licenses and not so much for us.

ah i didn't think that.. but probably because i just want to use 1 and if i use two, it's kinda hard migrating the data (applications specifically) but let's say I install win 11 on virtual machine (any recommendation? honestly i never use it 😋) and slowly setting up on the VM, I can make an ISO right from the VM.. (err i think it probably winPE ?)
sorry for the many question. But that is really a good idea 😊
Why would you want to migrate data to a test environment? Between you and me, 99% of windows additions, don't apply to everyday operations unless one or more of the 3 conditions below are met.
1. If the hardware you use changes to something brand new which the OS needs to support.
2. If there is a feature that you absolutely can't find an alternative and can live without.
3. If this is for a company or workplace and you must have legit versions installed.

Let me give you an example. Find something that windows 11 does, that win 10 doesn't and if you find one, make sure there is no alternative via 3rd party software and that it applies to your specific hardware. If you do find one, is it so important you can't be without it? Again... food for thought. As far as VM goes I always recommend VMware but Vbox and Hyper-V that come with windows are all good for testing.

Last edited:

hieber

Downloaded
5.9 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
depends on your taste, those who are sick of the Microsoft store or Xbox on PC for pro is the real deal but for expert or opensource software users LTSC, waiting for windows 11 LTSC:)

sujatha1983

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
384.7 GB
Uploaded
844.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I tried installaing windows 10 pro and later windows 10 home, both failed to detect and install my HP laserjet printer. But as soon as i migrated to windows 10 LTSC it instantly installed HP printer without any hiss. Even in my PC at home i have been using windows 10 LTSC for many years without any problem. Its really butter smooth, no crap, just only perfect windows for daily use.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,269.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 7 years
@Jimmy Collaros I preferred 1809 too. Before I handle 100+ desktop pc in an office, existing setup is they are using pro version. I changed it to LTSB and LTSC, no issues at all, no more headache :D .
LTSC is the best operating system i have ever known. Simple and clear Windows.

windows94

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
91.6 GB
Uploaded
20.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I agree, less driver issues in LTSC.

Pdpye

Downloaded
18.9 GB
Uploaded
6.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Thanks all of you for explaining this - in simple words.

bijurajnr

Downloaded
227.1 GB
Uploaded
115 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
@Jimmy Collaros I preferred 1809 too. Before I handle 100+ desktop pc in an office, existing setup is they are using pro version. I changed it to LTSB and LTSC, no issues at all, no more headache :D .
Same thing.....I am using 1809... no prob at all till today...smooth working ....