Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Corporate & v2.x [game over]

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Corporate & v2.x [game over EOL]

All users of MB Corporate and versions 2.x or earlier will have seen this window when trying to update the virus database.

upd1.png

upd2.png

For that reason I began to investigate to see if it could be solved in some way with reverse engineering, but my conclusion was that it is impossible for the reasons that I will comment on in this thread.

Based on some research I've done, I believe it's no longer possible to get updates working on this versions of MB.
This is because the company decided to discontinue (EOL) versions equal to or earlier than 2.x

eoc00.png

eoc.png

First of all, to be that the developers have taken offline 2 DNS records in versions equal to or earlier than 2.x.

Code:
edge.data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

llnw.data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Code:
2277    9.917901    192.168.1.5    192.168.1.149    DNS    170    Standard query response 0xb2a5 No such name A edge.data-cdn.mbamupdates.com SOA ns-957.awsdns-55.net

2394    10.028120    192.168.1.5    192.168.1.149    DNS    170    Standard query response 0xfbf3 No such name A llnw.data-cdn.mbamupdates.com SOA ns-957.awsdns-55.net

On the other hand, the virus signature database in the Corporate version (v.1.8...) uses a .REF file that is no longer used for updates to new versions, in which I saw they use files .MBDB

Previous versions:
mbam_rules2016.png

New versions:
mbam_rules2022.png

From what I have read in specialized forums, the most modern versions, in addition to being more efficient, are more difficult to Medicines than the previous ones.

Official source: forums.malwarebytes(dot)com/topic/286840-mbam-221-no-definitions-updates-after-may-19/

mr.freaky

Downloaded
11 GB
Uploaded
1.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thanks a lot for digging all this out. I thought it was just me.
I understand that it's possible to keep using the installed 1.x / 2.x version, however, we will be using outdated protection, right?
Maybe it's not that bad a choice and I'll continue doing that for a little while

Since the cracked newer versions never last for long, I think it's time to start look for some alternatives for the future. I have heard that the Bitdefender free version is good. Any ideas anyone?

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
I understand that it's possible to keep using the installed 1.x / 2.x version, however, we will be using outdated protection, right?
Maybe it's not that bad a choice and I'll continue doing that for a little while
I think it is not a good choice to continue using versions with outdated virus databases.
We all know that new virus signatures appear every day and that makes your computer vulnerable.

1ntr0v3rt3ch

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
499 GB
Uploaded
148.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@juanamm thanks for the heads up, time to move on.

mr.freaky

Downloaded
11 GB
Uploaded
1.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I think it is not a good choice to continue using versions with outdated virus databases.
We all know that new virus signatures appear every day and that makes your computer vulnerable.
I see. Thanks a lot for the warning. I'll start looking for alternatives immediately in that case. Luckily, I have Team-OS to help me out with so many choices, though I might go with a freemium this time since anti-viruses can be nasty to deal with, at least from my experience with malwarebytes.

DAMAGED GOODS

Downloaded
13 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Thank for the information. Any suggestions for a different program?

dlcfeeder

Downloaded
64.7 GB
Uploaded
10.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
oh it turns out, a few days ago I reinstalled the windows operating system then I installed the antivirus and tried to update..but got an error like this thread..

Thank for information @juanamm ..
any suggestions for a powerful antivirus like malwarebyte but use small memory and cpu resource?

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Thank for the information. Any suggestions for a different program?
Thank for information @juanamm ..
any suggestions for a powerful antivirus like malwarebyte but use small memory and cpu resource?
I've heard that some are replacing it with MalwareFox Anti-Malware, I haven't tried it.
Always in security programs it is better that they come with a key, use Medicines I do not recommend it in this type of apps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
254 (262)
Member for 7 years
@juanamm I stop using their software long time ago.... it marks everything as malware., including Ccleaner free and auslogic softwares... pure garbage of a company!!

dlcfeeder

Downloaded
64.7 GB
Uploaded
10.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I've heard that some are replacing it with MalwareFox Anti-Malware, I haven't tried it.
Always in security programs it is better that they come with a key, use Medicines I do not recommend it in this type of apps.
Thanks for suggesting an alternative. I hope that in the future someone will share MalwareFox Premium on this forum :rock::giggle:

KissyKitty

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
24.8 GB
Uploaded
274.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thank you so much, friend! Good to know, I appreciate you passing the information on...your effort, work, and investigating is loved by me cause, uhm, my patience is shot! Thanks again!
Much Love & Many Kisses :h::*

jupiterq

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
38.4 GB
Uploaded
662.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
hi, it would really help if you have dates written, I see only Sunday, don't know if this is old one or a new upload. Thank you :think::lipssealed::nerd::banghead:

@juanamm I stop using their software long time ago.... it marks everything as malware., including Ccleaner free and auslogic softwares... pure garbage of a company!!
That's strange, I use CCleaner and never once it was it was scanned as Malware, never, maybe the CClearner you downloaded was really a Malware or a fake one.

ZeroZip

Downloaded
267 MB
Uploaded
4.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Very good investigation work. So helpful.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11319 (11319)
Member for 8 years
@juanamm Good info for all including me. I didn't really count on MB Corporate to keep me safe, but liked the ability to scan in context menu and run along side Panda. Tried many others over last two days and settled on ClamWin. Now two light weight AV side by side.

mr.freaky

Downloaded
11 GB
Uploaded
1.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
run along side Panda. Tried many others over last two days and settled on ClamWin
Oh, thanks for letting us know what you use. I had used ClamWin a very long time ago and had all forgotten about it. Probably because at that time UI and popularity were what I used to judge an anti-virus. Anyway, is ClamWin good enough for someone who is usually careful?
Also, regarding Panda, any idea if it actually uploads the files to scan them? I have a very slow connections so that will be an issue for me if that is true.

2go2ozz

Downloaded
733.8 MB
Uploaded
4.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Thanks for suggesting an alternative. I hope that in the future someone will share MalwareFox Premium on this forum :rock::giggle:
That's an excellent idea especially after watching the youtube video comparing both products
titled
" MalwareFox Vs Malwarebytes Antimalware Comparison | Protection Test
8,052 views Oct 5, 2020 In this video, we are doing MalwareFox Vs Malwarebytes. Here we have 400 samples of viruses and trojans. We are running the scan on the samples using each antimalware and displaying the result. We are also comparing the total time taken in the scan. "

Question for everyone:
if you know any sites accepting requests
would you please make a request for MalwareFox please

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Question for everyone:
if you know any sites accepting requests
I know a site: TeamOS!
Make your request here:
I advise you to read the rules of that section before requesting and do not mention any of the words that are prohibited in our Community such as cr*ck**, k*yg**n or similar. Just ask for MalwareFox full and that's it. :)

mr.freaky

Downloaded
11 GB
Uploaded
1.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I know a site: TeamOS!
Make your request here:
I advise you to read the rules of that section before requesting and do not mention any of the words that are prohibited in our Community such as cr*ck**, k*yg**n or similar. Just ask for MalwareFox full and that's it. :)
I wanted to say just that. You beat me to it.

2go2ozz

Downloaded
733.8 MB
Uploaded
4.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I wish it had real-time scanner:
"ClamWin does not include an on-access real-time scanner. You need to manually scan a file in order to detect a virus or spyware"

"the program lacks real-time protection, which is particularly important for guarding against so-called zero-day attacks (vulnerabilities which haven’t been noted and patched yet)"

not being a real-time scanner is like "malwarebytes free version" right?

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years

If you want to have your Malwarefox Premium for 1095 days read this fast before it's over!