Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Microsoft admits it won’t be fixing Windows 11’s taskbar for a while

Q7bRXJ.png

When it launched, Windows 11 came with some major changes – and it looks like one of the most unpopular tweaks is here to stay, with Microsoft admitting that adding missing features to the taskbar simply isn’t a priority.

As Windows Latest reports, Microsoft has revealed that some of the biggest requests from users won’t be appearing any time soon.

The taskbar, which usually runs along the bottom of your screen, has been an important part of Windows since Windows 95, and with Windows 11, Microsoft decided to radically redesign it, including rebuilding it from scratch.

This left the Windows 11 taskbar missing some big, useful, features that people have been using for decades. One of the most noticeable features missing in action was the ability to drag and drop files or applications to the taskbar, either to pin them there for easy access, or to open them in an app already pinned to the taskbar.

This seemingly little feature was actually really useful, so many people were upset to find it missing in Windows 11. Microsoft has stated that drag and drop is coming to Windows 11 with the 22H2 major update later this year.

However, in a Windows Insider video, which you can view below, the Windows 11 development team revealed that other features won’t be coming any time soon.
Restricted movement

Another big complaint about Windows 11’s taskbar is the fact that you can’t reposition it. Many people liked to move the taskbar in previous versions of Windows to the side of the screen, or even to the top. With Windows 11, it’s stuck at the bottom, and that’s not going to change for a while, at least.

This is because, according to the Windows 11 development team, the animation flow of the Start menu in Windows 11, can’t handle a different taskbar position just yet. “Think about having the taskbar on the right, all of a sudden the reflow and the work all of the apps or Start menu have to do,” the team admitted.

Because the taskbar has been rebuilt from scratch, Microsoft is prioritizing adding features such as drag and drop, which involves extensive testing from volunteers. Sadly, it seems like the company doesn’t think moving the taskbar is as important.
Analysis: unfinished business

While it’s understandable that Microsoft has more important features to add to Windows 11, the fact that it launched with a taskbar missing so many features is pretty remarkable. Being able to move the taskbar gives people a greater level of freedom when configuring Windows to behave the way they prefer.

So, by not including this feature, there will be a large number of people who are annoyed and frustrated by Windows 11, and it gives the feeling that the operating system launched in an unfinished state, which is something our Windows 11 review pointed out.

It’s no surprise, then, that Windows 11 is struggling to get people to upgrade as fast as Windows 10 had managed.

If Windows 11 had been open source, like Linux, then we’d wager someone would have already added the ability – one of the benefits of being open source. Thankfully, there are also tools such as Start11 from Stardock which adds extra functionality to both the Start menu and taskbar – including the ability to change the taskbar’s position – which Microsoft is seemingly struggling with.

This isn’t the first time teams like Stardock have stepped in to fix unpopular changes to Windows – we saw a plethora of third-party apps that brought the Start menu back to Windows 8 after Microsoft unwisely dropped it.

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
40.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
:hi: Thank you JayJay48, this was actually very informative.
Microsoft is definitely showing how fantastic they
are with customer service, sarcasm there by the way. :rolleyes:
Instead of working to fix something that's important to their
customers and what they actually want first and foremost, they're being brushed aside.

Microsoft is the best ..yeah.. no, not really.
Thanks again JayJay48. :)

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
This news is old!
I use Windows 11 Pro 21H2 with StarAllBack 3.5.1 and I can drag and pin apps to the taskbar without any problems.
Maybe the magic is done by SAB (I don't know) but it can be done...it can be done :)

Phrankie

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
323.8 GB
Uploaded
608.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
98 (97)
Member for 2 years
Great news thanks for sharing

miltonsj

Downloaded
155.9 GB
Uploaded
10.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Thanks for sharing this. I appreciate being able to read it.

Gromexe

Downloaded
49.5 GB
Uploaded
202.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I just started using Windows11. Although I do enjoy it, the Start Menu is really inconvenient. I got so used to the Tiles. Being able to resize them by priority was so useful too! I'm about to set up Start11 to hopefully get it back. Windows was always my go-to OS specifically due to it being so customizable. They really did dumb it down for people, though. It's not necessarily a bad thing. But why not give users the option to choose? Maybe Stardock has a contract to give Microsoft a percentage of their sales?? >:) I wouldn't be surprised.

Avira

Downloaded
45.5 GB
Uploaded
160.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I tried windows 11 (some incompatible hw). It worked fine until I updated it then all the icons on the taskbar started going invisible when my cursor is over them.

Microsoft are the Bethesda of taskbars.

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
When I saw 11 first I thought that they were copying KDE desktop. The fact that you can use alternate shells doesn't disguise the lack of feedback from Microsoft. I find myself using windows only when necessary now because I hated 11 so much when it came out, I started to use Ubuntu instead and I've stayed with the linux world for my os that is connected to the internet. I've always enjoyed messing with Windows, since 3.1, but it's no longer as important to me. Microsoft's most important product is office 365 now and they don't care about windows as most people don't have a choice about what they buy or use and just have to put up with it.

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Old thread I know but I see now that there will be adds on the windows 11 start menu, starting on build 23435 dev channel.