Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Missing Driver IaNVMe.sys on windows 7 UEFI setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracoraptor

Downloaded
2.9 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I am attempting the onerous task of avoiding windows 10 and my currently windows 7 system appearntly has become corrupt enough to trigger Easy Anti-Cheat. I am using a modified windows 7 BlueCore that I added some extra drivers to and would post in that thread but I downloaded this version a few years ago and modified it enough that it doesn't seem right to.

I am attempting to reinstall my modified Windows 7 BlueCore and have tried both Rufus and Yumi to create a bootable UEFI usb stick. In both cases I get to a blue screen with error code 0xc00000359 telling me I have a missing or corrupt IaNVMe.sys I have tried using NTlite to add the intel NVM driver to the main image, PE image, and setup image without error however on remaking my boot flash drive I still get the 0xc00000359 error. I have tried adding the IaNVMe.sys file directly to the sources/windows/system32/drivers folder and still get the error. I am not currently using a NVM drive in this computer so I am unsure why I am getting this error.

System is running a AMD Threadripper 1900X on a MSI x399 Gaming Pro Carbon.

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5 TB
Uploaded
268.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Sounds like a Windows 7 issue / SSD.
ianvme.sys - NVMe Storport Miniport Driver - x64, Intel Corporation.
The latest drivers on the website do NOT support windows 7.
Nor do the client NVME drivers...

Also, when in doubt, pull it out.
If you aren't using the NVMe drive, then physically remove it from your machine.
You can't get an error on defective hardware, if it is not physically installed in the machine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dracoraptor

Downloaded
2.9 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I don't physically have a NVMe in the machine

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5 TB
Uploaded
268.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
I don't physically have a NVMe in the machine
Disable the port the NVMe drive is on, in the bios, and configure the bios for AHCI instead of RHS.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
You use Threadripper with x399 chipset. Your disk ports come straight from the x399 chipset (AMD Drivers) and from the ASMedia secondary chipset (AsMedia Drivers). That driver should not exist at all as it's an Intel NVME driver. Not going to ask how it got in the build you use, but simply put, it should not be there. The ONLY intel hardware you have is the Gigabit Lan and the WiFi. Is it possible you mixed up the drivers?

My advice, use an LTSB which is as close to the windows 7 model as possible since you use an 8 core CPU and spend time playing the games you want and not installing windows. Otherwise, get a vanilla windows 7 and post install-modify-remove whatever you want.

Last edited:

Dracoraptor

Downloaded
2.9 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
You use Threadripper with x399 chipset. Your disk ports come straight from the x399 chipset (AMD Drivers) and from the ASMedia secondary chipset (AsMedia Drivers). That driver should not exist at all as it's an Intel NVME driver. Not going to ask how it got in the build you use, but simply put, it should not be there. The ONLY intel hardware you have is the Gigabit Lan and the WiFi. Is it possible you mixed up the drivers?

My advice, use an LTSB which is as close to the windows 7 model as possible since you use an 8 core CPU and spend time playing the games you want and not installing windows. Otherwise, get a vanilla windows 7 and post install-add-remove whatever you want.
It wasn't in the original build, however attempting to install over UEFI causes this to always pop-up

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Of course, because its trying to use it and since you don't have an Intel nvme port/disk it causes the crash. It's like trying to use your keys to a different car... it simply won't work and you will start the alarm.

You really have 2 options. Either use a different 7 build or windows 10 LTSB or whatever you think from the current ones even just to test or remodify the one you use, not to include and use that driver.

Dracoraptor

Downloaded
2.9 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Is there a windows 10 you recommend? The few I have tried still have absolutely horrid UI on top of the intrusive updates and telemetry

hamabe

: It's that time again : 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
If you love Windows 7 so much
use compatible hardware i.e. older models that actually supports it

PCIe 3.0 setting within BIOS has to be changed from auto to 2.0. Windows 7 is completely unaware of the 3.0 PCIe standard

@Dracoraptor

give LTSB or LTSC a try as per @Cyler
these is what I recommend to my clients who had hardware issues with 7

Dracoraptor

Downloaded
2.9 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
If you love Windows 7 so much
use compatible hardware i.e. older models that actually supports it

PCIe 3.0 setting within BIOS has to be changed from auto to 2.0. Windows 7 is completely unaware of the 3.0 PCIe standard

@Dracoraptor

give LTSB or LTSC a try as per @Cyler
these is what I recommend to my clients who had hardware issues with 7
Trust me whenever I say its not a love for windows 7 and more a hate of windows 10 and how it seems to be a step back in everything from stablity, to user interaction, to privacy. All it has going for it is better support for newer hardware. If I could get a sane explorer and control panel and toss asside the telemetry and forced updates it probably wouldn't be as bad.

I guess we can mark this as solved as I took another approach and "fixed" my windows 7 by downloading the dlls that the anti-cheat was angry about, verifying the hash against the manifest, and replacing them in linux. Might still dual-boot a LTSB or LTSC windows 10 however

Status
Not open for further replies.