Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked NVME Force MP600 corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterNix

Downloaded
1.9 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Dear All

I have been updating my drivers today (i am on Win 10, 64 bit) and I believe after installing the most recent Chipset drivers 3.10.22.706 for my mainboard X570 Aorus Elite from this homepage:
www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-chipset and updated the BIOS

My NVME SSD is no longer working properly. What I mean by that is that I can still access it, but things like CHKDSK does no longer work (Format is "RAW" it tells me) but if I go to my computer and properties on the SSD, it still declares NTFS.

Now I see folders on the disk and I can go pretty deep into some and even start some programms which are installed on the NVME, but I am unable to start different software (especially my games from steam)

I am not sure what got broken with the chipset drivers (most likely the PCI-Express drivers) but I hope there is an easy fix where I simply have to restore the integrety of the ssd.

What I did so far is uninstall the driver from the SSD and restarted my pc. Unfortunatelly it didnt fix it.

I downloaded easus partition "EaseUS Partition Master 15.0 WinPE Edition"from here
- Created a bootable ISO on my usb stick
- booted it up, checked the SSD - It showd up as NTFS
- Tried to check it and got the error it is "RAW"

I believe the partition is somehow butchered, but I dont know how to fix it.

Please help - TIA

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
310.8 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
install winaero and deactivate uac
restart
check that hdd
if it works you have 2 options
1. keep uac disabled
2. google for ResetPermissionTool

hope helped

Mr Grimbahir

🔰 OS Forge Master - May he rest in peace 🔰
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
108.9 GB
Uploaded
18.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
52 (76)
Member for 4 years
I faced the same problem and the solution is:
new system
never use applications to update drivers or chips. Let windows update them for u.

MasterNix

Downloaded
1.9 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I faced the same problem and the solution is:
new system
never use applications to update drivers or chips. Let windows update them for u.
What do you mean new system?

Windows does not update BIOS

SydneyM

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
51.1 GB
Uploaded
57.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Chipset drivers are Windows drivers and should not affect the BIOS. I somewhat agree with @Mr Grimbahir.

MasterNix

Downloaded
1.9 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Chipset drivers are Windows drivers and should not affect the BIOS. I somewhat agree with @Mr Grimbahir.
Meaning what exactly, format the SSD?

install winaero and deactivate uac
restart
check that hdd
if it works you have 2 options
1. keep uac disabled
2. google for ResetPermissionTool

hope helped
Dude why didnt I see you reply before!! Sorry for the late reply.

Disabling UAC worked (somewhat) I can access some more folders than before, but it did not restore it entirely, any other recommendations?

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
310.8 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
If from a PE you can access ALL the files and folders it's a problem of NTFS permissions I think. You can reset the permissions using various tools or checking the Security tab of drive properties. Be sure your user to be listed with Full Control. After you click Apply or OK you have to wait for the permissions to be changed, usually 10 - 20 minutes, depending on the size of drive and speed. If it's NVME should be fast.

MasterNix

Downloaded
1.9 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
If from a PE you can access ALL the files and folders it's a problem of NTFS permissions I think. You can reset the permissions using various tools or checking the Security tab of drive properties. Be sure your user to be listed with Full Control. After you click Apply or OK you have to wait for the permissions to be changed, usually 10 - 20 minutes, depending on the size of drive and speed. If it's NVME should be fast.
Not all files are accessible. I lost my patience now and will format and install Windows 11 now. Thanks a lot for your help tough! Much appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.