Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Ratio declining, due to VPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddlefoot

Downloaded
65.6 GB
Uploaded
186.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I understand that a member cannot login using a VPN, so I don't. But when downloading torrent via uTorrent, I do switch to CyberGhost VPN (but don't disconnect from teamos-hkrg), because my ISP doesn't allow torrents. After download, I continue to seed-still on VPN- up to 12 hours but ratio keeps falling. Am I doing something wrong or is using the VPN affecting the ratio?

thanks

Mr. Spacely

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11727 (11727)
Member for 8 years
You need to configure correctly CyberGhost to get the best torrent speeds. I don't use it, but Google this and have a look. " Does CyberGhost VPN allow torrenting" >>

paddlefoot

Downloaded
65.6 GB
Uploaded
186.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thanks for your prompt reply. I did the Google search you recommended and checked with CyberGhost. CyberGhost does allow torrenting and I'm set up for it. At this point it's not a matter of speed but somehow--again, probably the VPN--my seeding time isn't being recorded by teamos. If push comes to shove I will join the VIP program. It will be worth it.

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
26 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
First of all, right now you are not seeding anything. You can check this by going to your torrent stats here . As you can see nothing is in seeding and all your torrents are shown as inactive. If you are seeding but the tracker doesn't show them, that means there is a misconfiguration on your torrent client and the VPN.

As far as VPN goes in general, there is no issue (other than bad configuration) from our side and in fact, we allow VPN for torrenting as we know some countries don't allow it. It will only affect you as your speed, in general, will be slower but it's a small price to pay since it's forbidden by your ISP.

When you are seeding and everything is back to normal, look again on the same page. You will see that older torrents have zero at the leech column (red arrow) which means no one is currently requesting that torrent and that's why you don't get traffic. To counter this we offer seed bonus points. You get 1 point for roughly every 90 min of seeding a torrent and when you have enough points, you can exchange them for upload GBs. More info here.

We all need to remember that seeding doesn't always mean uploading. Seeding means your client is ready to upload when requested after completing the download (leech) of a torrent. Whether or not you have traffic on a torrent depends on the time and popularity of a torrent. Some torrents get more requests than others.

Hope it helped.

Last edited:

paddlefoot

Downloaded
65.6 GB
Uploaded
186.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Wow, that did clear up a lot of misunderstanding on my part. Thanks, and now I can better interpret what I see on the uTorrent page.

vdogeek

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
1 month no replies, closed and tagged completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.