Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Seedboxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skpManiac

Greetings from England :)
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
326.5 GB
Uploaded
2.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hi everyone,
I am looking at setting up a seedbox to enable me to seed more stuff for longer, I'm just wondering how they work with the Ratios on the site?
I've never used one before but after doing some reading it looks the way to go as my office PC is no longer left on 24/7 so seeding is very limited, I'd rather seed for a week or two if I can.
Are they easy to configure once you have it, or will I need someone else to help me configure it?

Any input appreciated - Thanks

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
There are 2 kinds of seedboxes, the ones you build, mostly from old PCs and use your own internet, the ones you rent from various services and use their own internet. All you have to do is download a torent with your account and let the seedbox, download, and seed it while you do other things.

As for ease of use, the self-build ones are exactly the same as your own PC, you might need to invest a bit in networking set up but nothing hard, the online ones require just a browser but offer a LOT better speeds and anonymity while asking for some small financial cost. Cost varies from service to service and most have several packages with differences in seed and download slots as well as server storage and bandwidth. Use is extremely easy and most come preconfigured already. All you do is upload the torrent from this site and only visit when you want to download it to your PC or stop it from seeding for whatever reasons.

For more info is better to search the net and if you have a specific problem, post, and we may be able to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

skpManiac

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
326.5 GB
Uploaded
2.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hi mate, I have several PC's networked, 2 running media servers, others for the cinema/gaming room and then the office, I own a small computer company, so the build option is possible but I'd rather it be off-site and not need any VPN's etc, I think I've also run out of space to put any more PC's lol
I am looking at ispeedfast as a supplier, they come highly rated and have great feedback. I wasn't sure if I had to grab the torrent from their UI or if I downloaded it here then uploaded it to the seedbox, in which case how does your system then know it's me uploading the data?

I think I will have a go, it's only $5 a month and a 7 day money-back guarantee so really nothing to lose by trying it :)

Steelmonkey

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
72.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I wasn't sure if I had to grab the torrent from their UI or if I downloaded it here then uploaded it to the seedbox, in which case how does your system then know it's me uploading the data?

I think I will have a go, it's only $5 a month and a 7 day money-back guarantee so really nothing to lose by trying it :)

You can download . torrent file from home or cellphone or office but upload the file to your seedbox provider to star seeding and downloading ?

skpManiac

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
326.5 GB
Uploaded
2.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
just trying it now :) Thanks guys

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.8 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@skpManiac when you have wat you needed then please tell US so we can close this thread :)

skpManiac

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
326.5 GB
Uploaded
2.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
@skpManiac when you have wat you needed then please tell US so we can close this thread :)
All sorted mate, thank you :)
I opted for the $5 package to test it, got SFTP dialled in at the moment, it should be seeding here now, but don't think I can see that - will watch the RATIO and see if it increases.

Thanks guys - have a great weekend :)

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Thanks to all that helped... thread is closed and completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.