Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials So You Think Your Stats Are Wrong

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
It is not uncommon for your torrent client statistics to be different from our tracker statistics.
There are many possible reasons for this and, most of the time, there is nothing TeamOS can do about it.

Here are some things to think about.

YOUR UPLOADING WILL NOT IMMEDIATELY APPEAR ON OUR SITE

What you see on the site will always lag behind what has actually happened.

Your torrent client does not report your uploading or downloading in real time. Delays of 30 minutes or more are typical.
When we do receive your torrent activity, our torrent tracker does not report it in real time. Delays of an hour or more can occur.

ARE YOU REALLY SEEDING?

People often claim that they are seeding when in fact they are not.
This image shows you what to look at in your torrent client to find out if you are REALLY seeding.
The most important thing is that the tracker is shown as "Working". If you do not see that then you are not seeding.

Your torrent client may indicate "active time" for your torrents.
This is often not the same as "seeding time" as it usually includes both download time and seeding time.
This may explain why the seed time shown on your profile is not the same as the "active time" shown by your torrent client.

If your torrent client does indicate actual "seeding time", this can be unreliable.
It probably indicates that your client was trying to seed for a period of time.
It does not necessarily mean that it was seeding for all that time.
There are many possible reasons for this including
  • Wifi goes into power save mode.
  • For phone users, 4g or 5g signal might be lost.
  • Laptop goes into hibernation or sleep mode.
  • Tracker can be down.
  • Internet provider issues from the client's or tracker's side.

YOUR SEEDING IS NOT ALWAYS REPORTED TO OUR TRACKER

Even if you were seeding then it is possible that your seeding time was not correctly reported to the tracker by your client.
This can happen for all the reasons listed above.
Incorrect statistics might be the fault of your torrent client.
Over the years there have been plenty of torrent clients that have been found to report incorrect statistics to trackers.

Read this by Cyler. He explains some of these issues in a little more detail.

If you are seeding a lot of torrents (hundreds or thousands) then it is likely that some of those torrents will not always be reported to our tracker.
This is because you can have only a limited number of simultaneous connections between your torrent client and our tracker.
This limit might be in your torrent client, in Windows, or imposed by your ISP.

There is also an issue of tracker load.
If your client sends too much information for our tracker to handle then some of it will be lost and your stats will be wrong.

Experience tells us that wireless and phone seeding is less reliable than landline seeding so, if you have to seed by phone or with a wireless router, you should adjust your expectations accordingly.
For more information, read this by @Cyler: TeamOS and use of mobile devices for torrenting

DO YOU USE A SEEDBOX?

Did you download using a seedbox? If you did then your torrent downloads and seeding may not even appear on the TeamOS site.
This is because seedboxes sometimes use a process called Data Deduplication (sometimes called Caching).
When two or more users download the same TeamOS torrent using the same seedbox then the seedbox server may download it only once. It then shares the data with all the seedbox users who want it.
Our tracker will be aware of the first download and it will appear on the site stats and on the first user's stats. Seeding from the seedbox will also appear on the first user's stats.
Our tracker will not know anything about other users who get their data directly from the seedbox, so those downloads and seeding do not appear on any TeamOS stats.
For a more detailed description of data deduplication, read this by @Cyler
https://www.teamos.xyz/threads/debrid-link-wont-seed-torrents.173261/post-867102

SHARED ACCOUNTS

Have you shared a torrent with a friend? Do you let someone else use your TeamOS account?
If you do that then their downloading and uploading will be credited to your account.

CHOOSING AND USING A TORRENT CLIENT

If you are having problems with torrents read How to Improve Your Ratio.

THE BOTTOM LINE

Whatever the reason for differences between your stats and ours, there is nothing TeamOS can do about it.
We rely on our stats and so should you.

What are the consequences of "incorrect" statistics?
The seeding times and ratio shown on your profile might be less than you expected.
You might have to seed a little longer than expected to clear a hit and run.
These are minor annoyances that you just have to live with.

Last edited:

fariah

Downloaded
16.6 GB
Uploaded
6.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
note sir... i will try to fix this later

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
you just stunned me beyond limits, really admire your perseverance.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,269.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 7 years
First time i saw this tutorial it must be bookmarked for answers.

illusions

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
203.8 GB
Uploaded
7.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Great tutorial and thank you @Charlie_Grimes :)

NeOTecH

Downloaded
44.8 GB
Uploaded
157.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Downloaded 27.9 GB Uploaded 30.5 GB Ratio 1.09 Seedbonus 1,396
i have no red flag left after i paid all with seedbouns but still cannot download torrents why so?

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,269.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 7 years
Downloaded 27.9 GB Uploaded 30.5 GB Ratio 1.09 Seedbonus 1,396
i have no red flag left after i paid all with seedbouns but still cannot download torrents why so?
Maybe this is the answer.

NeOTecH

Downloaded
44.8 GB
Uploaded
157.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
it just needed time after using seeding bouns. now its working fine thx

horvjoe

Downloaded
53.8 GB
Uploaded
698.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Hi,
I have problem with my ratio. If I download any torrent its always shows the double of the downloaded quantity. Fe: If a torrent is 1gb - on my seeding stats will show 2gb. Everytime. Do you have any idea?
Thx. :)

alvatvl

Downloaded
5 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
thankyou sir, i will givw seeding

hedini

Downloaded
7.8 GB
Uploaded
159 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Does my seed time and upload on my profile change if I moved the same file from one disk to another. Because I did that. Before it was around 3.5 days i think for 2 files, now it started from zero and has zero uploaded

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Does my seed time and upload on my profile change if I moved the same file from one disk to another. Because I did that. Before it was around 3.5 days i think for 2 files, now it started from zero and has zero uploaded
No, moving files has no effect on your stats. The probable reason for what you see is our recent server change. A lot of file data and time counts were reset to zero.