Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked TeamViewer won't uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickR6

Downloaded
11.1 GB
Uploaded
1.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hello All,

Just need a little help here. I had team viewer on comp for work/IT stuff. Now that I am no longer with that company I have tried tirelessly to uninstall. I've tried just straight windows add/remove apps, tried IoBit uninstaller, Webroot uninstall and also Revo uninstall. Each time they say all files have been removed, even when I do the advanced scan with Revo, delete all the selected files. It says it needs a restart to remove the remaining files. So I restart and its back and fully installed and all the files are back.

What else can I do?

TIA

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
A few things missing here... Is this an OS you got from here? and have you checked with the uploader? In other words is the problem caused from a file you got here on the forum?

Last edited:

Alessia_Amelia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.7 TB
Uploaded
51.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Did a Google search and came up with this possibility: ..."Could be that this is not a "real" application, but rather Google Chrome extension that (in case of TeamViewer) registers itself as a full-featured application, with shortcuts in Start Menu etc. Removing it from Google Chrome might help if its there as well." Hope this helps, Good Luck. :)

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,590.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
A few things missing here... Is this an OS you got from here? and have you checked with the uploader? In other words is the problem caused from a file you got here on the forum?
Team Viewer is RDC app.... No OS!

NickR6

Firstly Disable TV service..then...affter service is shouted-down, run "uninstaal.exe" form TV folder! If that doesn't help run uninstall from safe mode

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
I have a feeling that this has nothing to do with TeamViewer itself but rather you have an app like Deepfreeze that won't allow you to permanently change windows settings or add/remove programs.
To my knowledge, Teamviewer does not have any such function to prevent itself from uninstalling. If it did have such a function, you would see a clear message like, "you are not allowed to uninstall"

To test this, try to uninstall something else, do a restart, and see if it got removed and let us know.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@NickR6, if the previous solutions do not work for you, I share a tutorial in Spanish that explains how to uninstall it normally and then deleting registry keys.
If you don't speak Spanish you just have to stop the video and translate, it's just texts and images (not spoken).
Note: First of all I recommend you create a restore point or backup in case something goes wrong.
Then read carefully and follow step by step.
I hope I've helped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNUhbuijOyE
Credit: Solvetic

L3GI0N5

Power User
Downloaded
209.2 GB
Uploaded
4.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
23 (24)
Member for 5 years
@NickR6 - Has this been solved yet? please let us know so we can close the thread

PyroTech

Banned
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Probably on Windows Server you need administrator login to do that.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.6 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
Did a Google search and came up with this possibility: ..."Could be that this is not a "real" application, but rather Google Chrome extension that (in case of TeamViewer) registers itself as a full-featured application, with shortcuts in Start Menu etc. Removing it from Google Chrome might help if its there as well." Hope this helps, Good Luck. :)
that is a guess , not a solution ... he have 2 way's to resolve this little problem ...
1 = format the drive (lol)
2 = asking that firm / company how to get rid of that stupid thing ...

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.6 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
Probably on Windows Server you need administrator login to do that.
really... that is NO help , he allready know this ..
that is beginner scool jezus man ... that is NO help for this member ....
i can upload something that you install and even with the admin login you can't delete it ...

sorry buddy @PyroTech but when i see a answer like that ... pff then i get mad ...

PyroTech

Banned
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
really... that is NO help , he allready know this ..
that is beginner scool jezus man ... that is NO help for this member ....
i can upload something that you install and even with the admin login you can't delete it ...

sorry buddy @PyroTech but when i see a answer like that ... pff then i get mad ...
I say that because if you are on company you probably should use Windows server with an active directory, you can even have a login that says Administrator but what you need is the Domain Controller Administrator account... I'm just saying...

PyroTech

Banned
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Have you tried to open cmd.exe as admin and locate the installed programs and uninstall through the console?
winget list
winget uninstall TeamViewer

Status
Not open for further replies.