Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials The Clean Install

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
so why should delete partition eith some of my data just to make SSD fully "clean", per se?
Because your new OS may fail to install if your SSD is not "fully clean", especially if it is a customised OS.
When OS builders say "clean install only" it is for a reason. They don't say it just to annoy you.
You might get away with keeping a data partition and you might not. The only way to find out is to try.
IMO it is better to start fully clean because, if you do have a problem, working out what it is is not always easy.

Last edited:

pascalwil

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
36.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thanks for the explanation.
A bit off topic but I would like to be confirmed that clean install is NOT what to do when you have a multi-boot system with half a dozen different Windows Installations on different partitions and you want to replace one OS with another one.
In THAT case you don't need to make the partition you want to re-use unallocated. Right? You can just install the new windows on whatever partition you want to upgrade. Right?
Thanks for your advice. I'm asking because I have a few old Windows installations not supported anymore by MS and I would like to upgrade with new OS from this wonderful site without loosing the multi-boot setup.
Cheers

Last edited:

erobbins

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
198.1 GB
Uploaded
4.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
A bit off topic but I would like to be confirmed that clean install is NOT what to do when you have a multi-boot system with half a dozen different Windows Installations on different partitions and you want to replace one OS with another one.
In THAT case you don't need to make the partition you want to re-use unallocated. Right? You can just install the new windows on whatever partition you want to upgrade. Right?
Thanks for your advice. I'm asking because I have a few old Windows installations not supported anymore by MS and I would like to upgrade with new OS from this wonderful site without loosing the multi-boot setup.
Cheers
That's what virtual machines are for :) Ever since I found out about VM, I am using them more and more. One of my most important software programs won't run on the more recent OS. So I have a virtual for XP. Tried multi-boot and all that, too aggravating. The database of the program is kept on my physical drive of course, works very well. VM is so much easier than multi-boot.

SanMir

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
97.4 GB
Uploaded
6.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
133 (144)
Member for 5 years
Cheers
In multi boot scenario, a bit complicated yet clean install is possible if you can specifically identify the system reserved allocated partition, OEM allocated Partition, recovery partition, and the c drive associated with that installed OS about to be replaced. Coz as you can see we are very specific of partitions I placed here. Removing those partitions is enough to be called clean. Why it is clean installation? As what we are thinking is removing those partitions associated with those existing windows installation that is about to be replaced.
If you don't mind, can you give me ss of your multi-boot partitioned? So I can have an idea of what to do. ;)

If the intention is to add another window installation on the existing multi-boot system. Always make sure to have an unallocated partition shown in the first post. No need to remove anything.

Last edited:

kittrie

Downloaded
29.2 GB
Uploaded
174.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
If you have your data in external disk where is the problem to make a clean install?
You can copy them again in your disk.

no problem, I sometimes do that, and sometimes not (depending on the type of data), I am just talking about ppls habbits, and askin if someone who doesn't have another (externat/internal) drive for data can make a clean install, since @Victor24 did say this-

kittrie

Downloaded
29.2 GB
Uploaded
174.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Because your new OS may fail to install if your SSD is not "fully clean", especially if it is a customised OS.
When OS builders say "clean install only" it is for a reason. They don't say it just to annoy you.
You might get away with keeping a data partition and you might not. The only way to find out is to try.
IMO it is better to start fully clean because, if you do have a problem, working out what it is is not always easy.
yes, I understand, I am just asking, since in the first post it says that some partitions made by administrator can be left - as I understood.
I am doing clean installs since windows 7 (official Microsoft Windows though), and I never had any problems, but I am glad I learned about learning new things.

I posted the screenshoot of the part that puzzles mein the upper post, we're just discussing :)
for example, 2 months ago bought Acer Aspire A515-45 laptop, it came in new with no OS, but with one small partition, an ISO image from manifacturer with AMD drivers- a very strange, but not illogical way for them to provide their chipset etc. drivers.

and it is said again in the multi boot scenario from the same drive- if tha is possible, as said, then..

"system reserved allocated partition, OEM allocated Partition, recovery partition, and the c drive associated with that installed OS about to be replaced. Coz as you can see we are very specific of partitions I placed here. Removing those partitions is enough to be called clean. "

and I am so glad I am learning a lot here, thank you all :)

Last edited:

pascalwil

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
36.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
In multi boot scenario, a bit complicated yet clean install is possible if you can specifically identify the system reserved allocated partition, OEM allocated Partition, recovery partition, and the c drive associated with that installed OS about to be replaced. Coz as you can see we are very specific of partitions I placed here. Removing those partitions is enough to be called clean. Why it is clean installation? As what we are thinking is removing those partitions associated with those existing windows installation that is about to be replaced.
If you don't mind, can you give me ss of your multi-boot partitioned? So I can have an idea of what to do. ;)

If the intention is to add another window installation on the existing multi-boot system. Always make sure to have an unallocated partition shown in the first post. No need to remove anything.
Thanks for your reply. Don't know how to give you SS. And don't think I need to. I DON'T want to do clean install. Just replace some windows installation with a new one. Therefore I'm asking for confirmation that there is no need to unallocate the partition before doing so. Just like you would do for a Ghost image to be restored on that partition. New OS will just take place of old one. And multi-boot unchanged. Right?