Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials The Clean Install

SanMir

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
97.4 GB
Uploaded
6.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
133 (144)
Member for 5 years
This post has been made so we all understand each other the terms we talk, used, and said here in teamOS.
The topic only points to the Clean installation of the Operating system.
Let us begin on clean installation. This is a term that is most familiar to us, but most many don't really know what it is.

Clean Installation refers to the installation of an operating system but the administrator deletes partitions such; ( system reserved allocated partition, OEM allocated Partition, recovery partition, and the c drive ).
Take note, only delete those mentioned and leave the other such D drive or any backup partition you created or intentionally created by an administrator.
Better understand that the case we have here is the case that apparently, there was OS that currently operates, and we want to go on a clean install.

This is how to do it.
* Delete the partition mentioned above
*Let it be unallocated then click next.
- avoid formatting before clicking next. (If you want to know why .)
P5ei75.png

The photo above is exactly what we are talking about. Granting no other partition prior to installation.

Be advise that create a partition of your choice after the installation, and in windows mode.

I forgot something about OS installer that came from UUP. Coz those installer create UUP partition on your drive delete this too.

Hope this thread will clear things out.

Post something you want to add. Or perhaps, you have something to ask for as long as it covers the topic, much the better.

Note:
Clean install is actually removing those partitions that are potentially used by recently installed windows, before proceeding with the windows installation. Partition such; back up and other intentionally created partitions by an administrator isn't one of those.

Last edited:

ShineSalim

Downloaded
7.7 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Dude thanks for your info for a clean installation..

SanMir

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
97.4 GB
Uploaded
6.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
133 (144)
Member for 5 years
Dude thanks for your info for a clean installation..
Yeah, we are talking about specifically and totality of clean install.

dilwert

Downloaded
35.2 GB
Uploaded
126.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Excuse my ignorance but what is UUP ?

".. I forgot something about OS installer that came from UUP. Coz those installer create UUP partition on your drive delete this too."

SanMir

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
97.4 GB
Uploaded
6.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
133 (144)
Member for 5 years
Excuse my ignorance but what is UUP ?

".. I forgot something about OS installer that came from UUP. Coz those installer create UUP partition on your drive delete this too."
What is Microsoft UUP?
Unified Update Platform (UUP) is a single publishing, hosting, scan and download model for all types of OS updates, desktop and mobile for all Windows-based operating systems, for everything from monthly quality updates to new feature updates.

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
40.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
:hi: So that's what Clean Install means,
it is certainly different from what I thought
it was.

Thank you very much, Victor24, for the clarification. :)

SanMir

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
97.4 GB
Uploaded
6.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
133 (144)
Member for 5 years
:hi: So that's what Clean Install means,
it is certainly different from what I thought
it was.

Thank you very much, Victor24, for the clarification. :)
a perfect example of it is when you have new bought hdd or ssd. nothing inside of it, when you install OS on that hdd or ssd that is clean installation. Let me know , how you think about it. ;) Coz, some think about it as wipeout all including important partition. :D

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
40.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
a perfect example of it is when you have new bought hdd or ssd. nothing inside of it, when you install OS on that hdd or ssd that is clean installation. Let me know , how you think about it. ;) Coz, some think about it as wipeout all including important partition. :D
:hi: I always thought you had to format and partition for windows to install correctly and without errors. that it needed a partition to store files etc. what you have explained makes alot more sense to me, That's why I really love this site, I have learnt so much of what I thought I knew. I didn't even know what UUP meant, thanks for explaining that. If you think of anything that you think us newbs should know, please don't hesitate to add it. We are all eager to learn.
Thank you Victor24. :)

SydneyM

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
51.1 GB
Uploaded
57.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Hi Victor24, thank you for the explanation. I suppose it also means that it (the windows installation file) cannot be installed as an upgrade.
On a different, but related topic I once "fell" on a laptop that gave me a "cannot create partition" to install Windows, and I had to use Parted Magic to create the partitions required by Windows.

GRiM R3AP3R

Donor
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
242.8 GB
Uploaded
3.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Well Done Victor24 ---- THANX 4 Posting This ( Clean Install ) Help Information - - - SPLENDED, U Rock.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
Hi Victor24, thank you for the explanation. I suppose it also means that it (the windows installation file) cannot be installed as an upgrade.
On a different, but related topic I once "fell" on a laptop that gave me a "cannot create partition" to install Windows, and I had to use Parted Magic to create the partitions required by Windows.

Technically it could, but that depends on a few things. Typically though, Windows upgrade tends to break things. That's been a known fact since Windows 9x.
That's why it's more or less advised to do a clean install these days. Especially if you are installing a custom OS.

SanMir

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
97.4 GB
Uploaded
6.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
133 (144)
Member for 5 years
Also I said, avoid formating the unallocated partition for the following reason;
1. the installer by default will allocate/create a partition for;
a.) oem
b.) system reserved
c.) the c drive
2. allowing the windows installer to do their job.

The disadvantage of formatting the partition prior to the installation.
the administrator seemed to overwrite the installer's job. By formatting also the administrator already allocates partition.
If that is the case, where do you think the installer get and create a piece of partition for system reserved and OEM when c drive was created first?
Take note, administrator/s are not bound to create partition for OEM and system reserved, that's not gonna happen before and during installation .

Wukong

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
23.5 GB
Uploaded
8.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thank you for the advice.

SydneyM

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
51.1 GB
Uploaded
57.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thank you both Dark Wolf and Victor24. Raising another issue when tentatively installing a custom os as an upgrade instead of Clean Install, sometimes we get a message saying that Setup cannot continue as it cannot determine the language to set up..? can this be bypassed somehow?

illusions

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
203.8 GB
Uploaded
7.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thank you for clean install tutorial :)

swapnilmuscle

Downloaded
54.6 GB
Uploaded
15.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Also I said, avoid formating the unallocated partition for the following reason;
1. the installer by default will allocate/create a partition for;
a.) oem
b.) system reserved
c.) the c drive
2. allowing the windows installer to do their job.

The disadvantage of formatting the partition prior to the installation.
the administrator seemed to overwrite the installer's job. By formatting also the administrator already allocates partition.
If that is the case, where do you think the installer get and create a piece of partition for system reserved and OEM when c drive was created first?
Take note, administrator/s are not bound to create partition for OEM and system reserved, that's not gonna happen before and during installation .
This is something new I learned today.
I normally delete all partitions then I divide the disk because I have 1TB and thought that making a separate partition at the time of installation is safe than creating after installation.
And then I used to install windows in the One partition which is saying unallocated.

kittrie

Downloaded
29.2 GB
Uploaded
173.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
ok, so a stupid question now (I'm sorry in advance)-
I just bought a new laptop 2 months ago, clean SSD ofcourse, and made 2 partitions on it- one for the system, one for data), and didn't format anything, but I think I haven't deleted that small system reserved allocated partition-
I didn't know I should do that. so, does that count in a clean install or?

also, I've just did another install of win 11 ( I am one of those ppl who changes system rather often) and left the partition with data, deleted all to be alocated space and made a new system partition, but formated it after (I didn't know I shouldn't do that, I'm just adraid of any previos install leftovers so I get paranoid) - so that's not a clean install then?

p.s. this post is great, I love learning new things, thank you all !!

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
My definition of a clean install is to delete all existing partions during the installation process and to let the OS installer create whatever partitions it needs.
Different OS have different partition requirements. How many, how they are formatted, and what's put into them varies so it is best to delete all the old ones.

kittrie

Downloaded
29.2 GB
Uploaded
173.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
My definition of a clean install is to delete all existing partions during the installation process and to let the OS installer create whatever partitions it needs.
Different OS have different partition requirements. How many, how they are formatted, and what's put into them varies so it is best to delete all the old ones.
.. yes, but I also have one partition with data on my SSD, not only on my external HDD.. so why should delete partition eith some of my data just to make SSD fully "clean", per se?
I belive ppl have different ways/places keeping their collected data, but I am used t, and prefer to always have one partition on my primary SDD, not just the other 2 HDD (interant alnd external)

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,269.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 7 years
.. yes, but I also have one partition with data on my SSD, not only on my external HDD.. so why should delete partition eith some of my data just to make SSD fully "clean", per se?
I belive ppl have different ways/places keeping their collected data, but I am used t, and prefer to always have one partition on my primary SDD, not just the other 2 HDD (interant alnd external)
If you have your data in external disk where is the problem to make a clean install?
You can copy them again in your disk.