Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Using a Custom "Factory" Recovery partition to "install" OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwanteq

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
97.4 GB
Uploaded
333 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
I have made the recovery partition and got it so show up in the boot menu.
Made all the changes to the New Win 11 Classic (by FBConan) installation.
I never have my data on the same drive (SSD - C:\) as the OS and use a second internal (HHD - D:\) as data storage.
It is a pain to set up everything from scratch each time I reinstall the OS - so in my thinking I made the so-called factory recovery partition to save a copy of the computer as it is setup.
Then, the idea is that when I want to reinstall I just use the replace the *.esd and/or *.wim files in the rocovery, do the recovery with keep my files and it would have the new OS with everything already setup?!
Can I do it this way?
Is it possible?
Will the use of hard links to the Documents, Downloads, video and so on folders become an issue, I never move these folder they are always in the same place [D:\]

Please what would be the best practice or is there another and better way to do this. Just point me in the right way, I will learn and do it!

Thank you for any help!

sohilmomin

Downloaded
45.5 GB
Uploaded
218.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
using DISM++ from a windows PE bootable disk u can create WIM copy of the partition and save it and later with similarly can restore it back, there are also many softwares available for such fucntion which enable full drive backup after you finish basic installation and required softwares and runtimes. norton ghost was one such software we used in back days, and many such are still available. and factory setup function is also available in many softwares to create a recovery partition.

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
316 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hmmm. Interesting. How about replacing install.wim from a windows 10 disk with the one created with DISM. Wnat do you think? Will work?

sohilmomin

Downloaded
45.5 GB
Uploaded
218.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hmmm. Interesting. How about replacing install.wim from a windows 10 disk with the one created with DISM. Wnat do you think? Will work?
it may work for windows 10 but probably not for win 7, personally i have yet to try this, but the tool DISM++ has this feature to create a wim file and convert it to esd and also to restore it too if used prom PE

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,433.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)