Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials Using sysprep on vmware

Morph69

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
336.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
181 (184)
Member for 10 years
Hey Folks,

I've Created This Tut From What Ive Learnt In The Past Few Days.. Its Made Up Of A Few Different Ones As Not All Tuts Are Equal Or Do It From The Non Knowing Users Point Of View.
So I've Done This As A Step By Step Guide For Those Using Vmware To Test & Create Their Own Customs..

I'm Not All Knowing So If You Do Have Any Issues Please Rather Google For The Info As This Is Only What Ive Found That Works Best & Easiest For Me.

Ive been updating this as I learn & apologies for any speeling issues, I use notepad ;)

Customizing Windows 11 And 10 In Audit Mode With Sysprep On/in A Vmware

**updated 18 June 2022**

To Skip Some Steps Of The Setup You Can Create An Autounattend.xml
Code:
https://www.windowsafg.com/win10x86_x64_uefi.html
It Will Need To Be Copied To 2 Locations So Keep It Handy.

Customizing Windows 11 And 10 In Audit Mode With Sysprep
You Need To Customize Your Reference Windows Image In The Audit Mode.

Always Perform A Clean Windows 10/11 Install From The Iso Image, Then Enter The Audit Mode;

If Usng A Fresh Windows Install You Can Do The Following - To Enter Audit Mode Press Ctrl+shift+f3 On The Oobe Screen (first Interactive Screen After Setup Has Copied The Files).

Otherwise Once Windows Has Loaded On The Desktop You Can Also Enter Audit Mode Using Sysprep.

Open Command And Enter:
C:\windows\system32\sysprep - Push Enter
Sysprep.exe /audit
Windows Will Reboot

Windows 11/10 Will Boot Into This Mode No Matter How Many Times You Reboot Your Computer Until The Sysprep Is Closed/ Finished.

**do Not Close The Sysprep Utility Window — You Will Need It At The End Of The Configuration Step. Minimize It Or Move Off The Screen.**

The Visible Sign To Understand That You’ve Entered The Windows Audit Mode Desktop — The Sysprep Dialog Ill Be In The Middle Of The Screen.

Install Apps, Drivers, And Configure The System Settings. You Can Run Any Updates You Need But Most Importantly
**do Not Run Windows Store**

Once Done But Before You Finish Run Ccleaner Disk Cleanup To Clear Any Left Over Temp /cache Files Etc Before Proceeding Or These Will Be Included In Your Wim & Reboot Your Pc To Be Sure There Are No Pending Updates.

Copy Your Autounattend.xml To C:\windows\system32\syprep & Rename It To Unattend.xml
Then Do The Following:

Launch The Command Line In Administrator Mode And Type In:

Cd C:\windows\system32\sysprep Push Enter
Sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:unattend.xml

After The Sysprep And Shutdown Of The Vm Close Vmware And Then Run It Again But As Administrator (very Important!!!).

In Vmware Open The Settings Of Your Vm, Click The Newly Created 2nd Drive You Added Earlier & Click On Map. Next Click On The Drive Sometimes It Shows 2, Select The One You Added (you Can Tell By The Size Of It), Choose A Letter To Associate For The Drive & Untick 'open Drive In Explorer After Mapping' Then Click Ok.

Open Windows Explorer Or Another File Manager Like Totalcmd, Click The Main Drive To Map It, Click Map, In My Case 'm', You Will Need To Browse To C:\windows\system32\sysprep & Copy The Unattend.xml File To Your Pc/ Local Drive.

**before Starting, Make Sure That You Add/added Another Vm Hdd For The Copying Of The Wim Otherwise You Wont Have Somewhere To Store It. **
Add Winpe Or Any Other Winpe Boot Cd To Your Boot Cd/dvd In Vmware

To Boot From The Cd Drive / Iso After The System Is Installed On Vmware You Need To Enter The Vm's Bios And Change The Boot Order.
Click The Icon (on The Vm Toolbar) Where You Start Up Or Shut Down The Vm Choose The Option Power On To Firmware.

Boot Into Winpe
Once Loaded In Winpe Open A Command Window

**you Can Add Another Drive Once Winpe Has Loaded If You Forgot Like I Did You Cam But The Type Can Only Be Sata Not Nvme**

Format The Newly Added Drive So It Can Be Used In The Next Step.

Open Computer & Check What Your Drive Letters Are For The Next Steps..

Now You Can Proceed:

Example: Dism /capture-image /compress:maximum /imagefile:d:\nameofwim.wim /capturedir:c:\ (the Location Of Your Windows Install) /name:"nameofimage" (label For Wim)

Enter The Following:
Dism /capture-image /compress:maximum /imagefile:e:\install.wim /capturedir:d:\ /name:"morph's Win10 1741"

If You Make Any Error's It Wont Proceed, Like Leaving Out Any ':' Or 'dir' Etc.

It Should Take About 5-10min Depending On The Size Of The Install & Speed Of The Drives.

Once Done, Power Down Your Winpe Vm.

In Vmware Open The Settings Of Your Vm, Click The Newly Created 2nd Drive You Added Earlier To Map It, Click Map. Sometimes It Shows 2, Select The One You Added (you Can Tell By The Size Of It), Choose A Letter To Associate For The Drive & Untick 'open Drive In Explorer After Mapping' Then Click Ok.

If You Map The Wrong One And See Windows Files, Just Click Disconnect On Your Vm Settings And Click The Correct Drive And Map.

***you Must Leave Vm Open Or You Will Loose The Mapping. **

Open Windows Explorer Or Another File Manager Like Totalcmd, Click The Newly Mapped Drive, In My Case 'm', Copy The Wim You Created.

Now Back To Vmware, Click Disconnect Of Your Mapped Drive.

Open Poweriso Or Ultraiso, Open Your Windows Iso, Click The Sources Folder, Remove The Current Install.esd Or Install.wim File From It, Drag And Drop Your Install.wim File Into Or Replace The Current One In The Iso. Copy Your Xml File Into The Route Of The Image.

**always Click 'save As' When Saving Otherwise You Overwrite Your Only Original Or Backup Copy.**

Now You Can Boot Your Install, It Will Go Through The Setup But Once Windows Loads, All Your Apps & Customisations Will Be There. You Might Need To Activate Your Windows Again As This Is Not Saved.

**ALWAYS TEST IN A VM BEFORE ACTUALLY BOOTING ON YOUR SYSTEM DRIVE IN CASE OF ANY ERRORS.**

Thats It. Enjoy Your New Customs. 0_o

Last edited by a moderator:

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
you are always seeking opportunities to be more productive, commendable as well as so much more. greetings.

Thibor69

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
624.7 GB
Uploaded
2.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
WOW .... simply amazing. My head hurts just from reading all that LOL .... Good job my friend. Thank you :)

Psajko2000

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
79.9 GB
Uploaded
286.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Its really simple and good explained for begginners who just want to integrate basic things.. Good tutorial for adding custom programs, themes, resources.. ? When they master this they will get a more extensive one.. Thank you.. ?

Phrankie

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
330.4 GB
Uploaded
619.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
101 (100)
Member for 2 years
Will try this the next day thanks for the info

Last edited:

nassernody

Downloaded
179.6 GB
Uploaded
122.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Amazing tutorial
but if you can make it with video steps it will be More helpful

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.5 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@Morph69 Nice tutorial my friend :)

loader72

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
175.9 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Excellent tutorial, appreciate taking the time to educate the masses. :nod: peace.

Shpitz

Downloaded
485.7 GB
Uploaded
3.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Great tutorial, thanks!

Can this be done on a slim ISO available on TeamOS? I used 'Gamer OS Windows 11 [22621.1028]' ISO, but Sysprep folder is empty. I tried copying the files from another Win11 install, but I keep getting errors with dll's missing.

Is there a way to 'restore' sysprep?

Thanks!