Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Problem Weird mouse problem

Taurus

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.3 GB
Uploaded
401.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I'm using W10, a build from here, FBConan's Insider Pro installed 2 days ago.

Yesterday the mouse left click was not able to close a window or program, by clicking on the 'X' on the upper right corner. Left click, right click and double click work perfectly. :p

The mouse is a standard PS2 mouse, so I replaced it with another new PS2 mouse, The computer worked ok, but after some time the same problem started.

With a USB mouse it all works ok, but even at full speed the mouse pointer is sluggish unlike a PS2 mouse.

There seems to be tons of info on this on the Net, without any consensus.

Windows guys, is there any fix for this...... I'm struggling with this USB mouse. :sweating:

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
You might want to place your question in the thread you got the file from, there the uploader might be able to help you.... Unless you already did that.

Taurus

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.3 GB
Uploaded
401.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I've used the same build for 8 months with everything working perfectly day after day so ruled out the build.

Sharrow

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
367.3 GB
Uploaded
585.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Might be worth checking the PS2 port for any blockage/damage/debris..

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
If the mouse is ok hardware wise and you haven't changed anything in the bios then the issue must be in windows. If your mouse worked ok in your previous windows then it must be something in the specific version you are using now. You could try your event viewer for some hints. Try to isolate the trigger, is it time or event based, as in does it occur after a set time or after you do somehting like play games or videos? These things can happen with custom installs and it's hard to track them down and usually not worth it as it points to some fundamental incompatibility.

testament

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
34.9 GB
Uploaded
24.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I had the same issue with you, i don't remember which build it was...but it wasn't a FBConan build.
The same problem.
The pointer didn't closed an open window.
Because i hadn't find something to fix it I gave up. And I'm sure that the culprit it wasn't the mouse.
I suggest you to install an untouch Windows version from here.

Last edited:

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
256 (264)
Member for 7 years
have you tested the mouse on another system and does it do it witth other mouse or just this one?

Taurus

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.3 GB
Uploaded
401.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thanks for all the replies although it is clear that many have not read the first post completely. :p

In a nutshell here is the problem - W10 detects a left click, right click, and double click perfectly, but doesn't take action on a left click on a program/window "X" from a PS2 mouse. OMG
This issue has been reported by many users of W10 on the Net asking for the answer, therefore is not a problem of this build or can be fixed by using a "full" W10.

The motherboard is 1 yr old, well within the 3 yr warranty if it needs fixing.

Anyway, I've made some changes to the BIOS and currently all seems ok, but may not stay that way for long unless the BIOS was the problem. (Spank)

Last edited: