Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Windows 7 installation in new intel platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcdcdx

Downloaded
4.2 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Bought new hardware and decided to install the old windows 7 OS . B660M-A DDR400 MSI board nvme Samsung980 and intel 12100 .
Tried first GEN2 latest windows7 build from l33t torrent Windows 7 SP1 X86 X64 AIO 22in1 ESD en-US MAY 2022 {Gen2}
ISO booted but keyboard or mouse didnt work (keyboard is PS/2 and mouse is USB both from microsoft) so i was stuck in the select OS install page.
After that searched about custom win OS and found my teamOS forume password somewhere and downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x86-x64) Multilingual Preactivated March 2022 [TeamOS].
ISO booted both keyboard and mouse worked during installation and nvme driver worked flawlessly i could installed in nvme with no problem .
But when windows booted and although USB was working during installation it didnt install USB3 drivers . Tried both the generic Microsoft ones and the intel ones from the installation manually with Have disk force install (but got error codes 10 and 31) .
After that tried
Intel USB3.0 Driver 5.0.3.42 both automatic and manual driver installation didnt work
intel(r)_usb_3.0_extensible_host_controller_driver_5.0.4.43_v2 same didnt work
Searched internet again found some thread in Win-Raid Forum
I thought i found the solution but there was no USB driver for intel chipset 600+ series , tried some thread with
%IUsb3XhcDeviceDesc02% = IUsb3XhcModel, PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0C0330 in some USB3 driver inf but didnt work also .
Finally i used webarchive and downloaded from yandex some custom infs from the same member in win-raid USB3.1 FOR WIN7 64BIT RC 1.0 DPInst.zip and it worked .
Although windows7 the win10 intel installer for chipset from the MSI website worked intel_chipset_600.zip
But ACPI or intel_Serial_IO_adl didnt , i installed older versions from previous intel chipsets manually .

This is feedback thread i wanted to say thanks to all the work to the people making the ISOs i downloaded and i dont really understand why windows didnt install the USB3 driver from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x86-x64) Multilingual Preactivated March 2022 [TeamOS] ISO while USB driver was working during installation .
To sum it all up i wasted many hours trying to make things work and next time will go straight to windows10 Iso and not even bother . If my post isnt in the right place plz move or delete .

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
You should of went with Windows 10 to start with and I wouldnt have to read all this.

Wichestery2k

šŸ‘‘ Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
252 (260)
Member for 7 years
you need 10 or 11 for that hardware... let it go 7 is slow and dead! lol

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Because you wrote about this and I'm sure other people might get it wrong so let's clear this out.

Generic USB 3.0 drivers will most likely not work with the USB 3.2 that your motherboard has. To users, it might seem like a minor difference, but USB 3.2 is 4 times faster than 3.0 and driver incompatible. Think if you were trying to use USB 2.0 drivers on a USB 3.0 device. Now during installation, it can work at a legacy mode, but to take full advantage, you need 3.2 drivers which I don't think exists for windows 7 and that is probably why all drivers failed. Attention to detail helps a lot.

We need to remember that because something might work, doesn't mean that Windows 7 takes full advantage and so you pay for the hardware only NOT to use it. PCIe4 would probably not function at full speed as another example and many more. Give it a try and install a (lite) Windows 10 from here or even give a try to Windows LTSC and you will notice the difference. If not, you can always revert to windows 7. The benefits of "free" software :p

Last edited:

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Use VM and use Windows 7 if you wish to, in that vm. I run xp, win7, win8 and win11 in VM. Only real hardware os's are Windows 10 and Linux mint!!

you probably might succeed in installing windows 7 on newer hardware and CPU but there won't be any network/graphics/audio/chipset drivers anywhere so your overall experience might be crippled.
some drivers from winraid forum work on my b550m chipset. i experimented with it and then switched back to windows 10, just to share my experience

RedDove

ā­ VIP
Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
41.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
:hi: Thank you for the info you've shared, cdcdcdx.
What I've written below has no reflection on the poster,
What you've written is very useful and I really appreciate it. :h:

Now, this is off topic, but, @TheMacGyver, having someone
like you around on the reg. would be hilarious.
I can imagine some of the replies you'd give to the silly
questions I get daily or topics brought up by neighbors. :giggle:

Wichestery2k

šŸ‘‘ Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB