Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Bios update failed what can i do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salladin71

Downloaded
31.5 GB
Uploaded
34.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hi all !

First i want to apologize because i know my english is not really good.
to explain the complete story :

My liittle brother asked me to format his hp gaming computer because he want to sell it .

this hp computer is :

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1042nf Bundle PC (4P8U0EA)​

the only part that was change was the graphic card and the new one was working well to.

i took this win 11 iso and i know it works well because i already installed it on another computer and it works fine

the windows installation worked fine, the pc was working well ....
drivers installation was fine ....

while checking windows update to see if there was some updates to install i saw an update named " hpxxxxxxxxxx " so i launched it
i was not looking on the computer during this update.
but I know for sure that no one touched this computer during the update because i was alone at home
When i came back i could read on the screen :

" The bios update have failed .
cannot reach the bios image "

sorry if it's not really clear but this message was in french .

below this message i can see like a butoon named " continue the boot process " . this was in french too.

So i made lots of research about this.
so i tried :

- access to the bios (and or boot menu) with the keyboard : result nothing happens
- i tried to stop completely and unplug the power cable for at least 20 MIN and boot another time . result : nothing
- i tried to hold the power button for 25 SEC for launching the "clear cmos" process lie it was said on hp support website. result nothing.
- i tried to remove the CMOS motherboard battery to launch Cmos process and waited at least 20 MIN before put the cmos battery on the motherboard and boot . result nothing

i do not know what to do to repair this problem i searched almost all night until now but find nothing relevant that can help me...

If it's necessary to give more information about anything just ask me.
i hope anyone can help me
thx in advance for taking time to read me

EDIT : here just took photo of the scrren :
IMG-20231209-164420.jpg

IMG-20231209-164451.jpg

waiting the countdown or cliking on the grey button just do the same thing : reboot and come back to this screen

Last edited:

znop01

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
203.4 GB
Uploaded
1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Can you even access the BIOS? Have you checked to see if the HP Restore partition is still intact?

System BIOS update failed unable to open BIOS image file
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/System-BIOS-update-failed-unable-to-open-BIOS-image-file/td-p/8850209

STAFF EDIT.
:rr: No clickable outside links in comments. Put the link in ICODE.

Last edited by a moderator:

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Download the bios from HP and use the instructions on the HP support website on how to create a bios recovery usb and how to boot to it. I have done this before and it works for HP. I can't post a direct link to an outside website here but you will find it all online on HP supprt site. Basically you download the appropriate bios for you model from hp and run the program and choose to create a recovery usb. You hold win and b key then turn on the pc and continue holding the win and b key for about 3 seconds then follow any on screen instructions.

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
Here is a detailed approach for HP Laptops. Maybe this will work on yours. Copy and past the link

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_3932413-2337994-16#:~:text=key%20press%20combination.-,Restoring%20the%20BIOS%20on%20HP%20Computers%20with%20a%20Key%20Press,with%20a%20key%20press%20combination.&text=Turn%20off%20the%20computer%20and,simultaneously%20press%20the%20power%20button.

HP Notebook PCs - Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)​

The BIOS is the first firmware to run after turning on the computer. If the BIOS on your computer becomes corrupted, the computer fails to boot to Windows.
The BIOS can be corrupted during normal operation, through environmental conditions (such as a power surge or outage), from a failed BIOS upgrade, or damage from a virus. If the BIOS is corrupted, the system automatically attempts to restore the BIOS from a hidden partition when the computer is restarted. This document covers other steps to restore the BIOS if the automatic BIOS restoration does not work.
If your computer enters the automatic BIOS recovery process, the screen either remains black or a pop-up window displays the progress of the BIOS recovery. If the restoration is successful, the computer displays the following message:
System BIOS recovery message

To dismiss the message, press enter.
NOTE:
If you do not press enter, the computer automatically restarts after 15 to 20 seconds.
If you experience any of the following symptoms after restarting the computer, recover the BIOS.
  • Windows does not start and the caps lock or num lock keys blink, or the computer beeps 2 times
  • Power light or charging light continues to blink
  • A BIOS APPLICATION ERROR 501 is displayed
  • The computer stops at a black or blank screen when turned on
  • The computer turns on and you might hear the internal fan, but the display is blank and Windows does not start
NOTE:
For business computers, your IT department or local IT service might manage BIOS settings. Confirm this if you cannot access BIOS settings or restore the BIOS.
HP PCs with the HP Sure Start security feature do not support BIOS recovery using the manual, 4-in-1 USB key, or USB recovery drive methods. HP Sure Start automatically repairs HP BIOS and HP firmware corruption using the HP Endpoint Security Controller-isolated backup copy of the HP BIOS and HP firmware.
BIOS RECOVERY OPTIONS FOR PCS WITH HP SURE START
PCs with HP Sure StartPCs without HP Sure Start
CMOS reset procedureXX
Automatic BIOS recoveryXX
Manual BIOS recovery (Windows + b)X
4-in-1 USB recoveryX
USB recovery drive procedureX
To determine if your PC was released with HP Sure Start, check the product specifications for the PC model. PCs with HP Sure Start indicate that it is enabled on the HP logo screen when the computer is started.
HP Sure Start was enabled for business notebooks in the following generations and later.
BUSINESS NOTEBOOK GENERATIONS WITH HP SURE START
CMIT NB SeriesGeneration where HP Sure Start was enabled
400 SeriesG7
400 (ZHAN) SeriesG3
600 SeriesG4
700 SeriesG5
800 SeriesG3
1000 SeriesG1
Education SeriesG9

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
@znop01 If the bios is broken he can't access Windows, let alone partitions.
@salladin71 Those kinds of problems are hard to troubleshoot online but I faced this issue in the past and hopefully, the same solution may apply to you.

You will need a working PC.
  1. Go to https://support.hp.com/lv-en/drivers/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-1000a/model/2100019028?sku=4P8U0EA and download the bios update file. Make 100% sure it's for your PC,
  2. Get an empty USB and plug it
  3. Run the bios software and at some point, it will ask you to create a USB boot drive
    Qcpaos.jpeg
  4. Get the USB thumb drive to the PC with the issue, plug it in, and start the PC while pressing CTRL+B. With HP PCs when they detect a bios failure, by pressing ctrl +b they automatically load a new bios from a USB thumb drive
  5. Hold your breath, and pray.
If the above fails, you have additional problems, and its best to send the PC to HP

@pleiadians You can post a link using the icode tag much like I did above. Btw is it WIN+B? I thought it was CTRL+B. Either way one will work.

Hope it helped.

Andy 52

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
904.2 GB
Uploaded
27.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I'm quoting "Saylor" if I may with his permission, but what he said in point 4 is particularly relevant for the HP models.

4."Take a USB flash drive to the computer with the problem, plug it in and start the computer while pressing CTRL+B . On HP computers, when they detect a bios corruption by pressing ctrl +b, they automatically load a new bios from the USB flash drive"

Good luck my friend ! :h:

salladin71

Downloaded
31.5 GB
Uploaded
34.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Can you even access the BIOS? Have you checked to see if the HP Restore partition is still intact?
ty for your answer ;

i tried almost everything said in the post you linked .
acces to the bios via keyboard is not working
reboot computer while holding Windows + B is not woking

i'll try to access to the bios and reset it with usb ....

Sorry guys i had to moove from my house for few hours. thx a lot for all your answers . i'll check all of yur messages and try every solution that i didn't use until nowthen i'll come bck to you ...
Thx a lot for all this help

salladin71

Downloaded
31.5 GB
Uploaded
34.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Guys i want to thank all of you because my problem is solved.
i followed step by step the usb solution proposed by Cyler.
it work so fine that i fogot to hold "win + B " and it worked :)

thank you very much for all of you !

do i need to change the tag on the title to say that
my problem is solve ?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus