Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked CHROME BROWSER (URL destination hijacker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyD

Downloaded
102.1 GB
Uploaded
154.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Im being plagued by a chrome browser destinatiion hijacker. Somehow, for the life of me i cannot find the source, its linked to only this sites url. Any othe site opens fine, without redirect. however, this is the odd part, it doesnt matter what computer if i use a google account, this url from that account activates the redirect code and sends me off to the dark areas of the web..... Now use same computer with any other browser...allgood.... delete chrome erase account , clear everything, all time cache, history, all personal data everything. reboot download from safe site or direct google doesnt matter, try and log on here, boom redirect. virus detects nothing, research says look for blank entry in html security apps, nothing all certificates valid..... STUMPED and ANNOYED.

HappyCroc81

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
168.2 GB
Uploaded
14 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
if use chrome than try adguard from chrome webstore.

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Please try ublock origin its the best to stumble & block ads works fine for me everytime

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Moved to here.. Has nothing to do will forum bug and issue..
What is your operating system

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
366 (417)
Member for 9 years
I am using adguard (extension in the browser) the last years and never had a problem it does the job.
Run malwarebytes and antispyware to clean your system (free version no need to buy them).
Are you using an AV?

nuttz

Queen of the Water
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
208.5 GB
Uploaded
102.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
56 (55)
Member for 8 years
@JimmyD i have sent you a link pm that will explain exactly how to tackle the chrome redirect virus

primord

Downloaded
62 GB
Uploaded
323.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I disagree that this it not a site problem.
I encountered this EXACT same issue a week ago with firefox. Same exact persistent behavior, but the interesting part is rerouting over a VPN immediately solved the problem but turning it off redirect persisted. I mentioned this on another post asking about the malicious ad changes RECENTLY

No reboots, no virus or browser client issue... I confirmed issue with separate browser.. It was a persistent malicious cloudflare node takeover or something like that
My guess is the drastically seperate public IPs were routed to different site server-nodes hence the different behavior based on network location alone.

L3GI0N5

Power User
Downloaded
209.2 GB
Uploaded
4.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
23 (24)
Member for 5 years
uBlock origin extension for firefox, works perfectly, also encountered this problem 2 weeks ago

TooLittleToLate

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
878.1 GB
Uploaded
2.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hey mack, I got the same thing . they say it's some sort of xyz search browser hijacker. And he's right, it was only happening when I tried to come to this site, this is what google says. I just copy and Pasted from google, hope that's cool...
In many cases, a free software installer includes the optional adware or PUPs such as this hijacker. So, be very careful when you agree to install anything. The best way – is to choose a Custom, Advanced or Manual install option. Here reject all bundled software in which you are unsure or that causes even a slightest suspicion. The main thing you should remember, you do not need to install the bundled applications which you don’t trust!

Threat Summary​

NameSearchnets.xyz
Typeredirect virus, search engine hijacker, PUP, browser hijacker, startpage hijacker
Affected Browser Settingsnew tab page URL, search engine, homepage
Distributionfree applications installers, fake software updaters, dubious popup ads
SymptomsYou experience a large number of of unexpected popup windows. Webpage links reroute to web-sites different from what you expected. Your device starts automatically installing unwanted programs. Unwanted browser toolbar(s) Unexpected changes in your web browser like using a new default search engine.
RemovalSearchnets(dot)xyz removal guide

How to remove Searchnets.xyz (removal guidance)​

There are a simple manual guide below that will assist you to remove Searchnets.xyz from your Microsoft Windows device. The most effective solution to remove this browser hijacker is to follow the manual removal instructions and then run Zemana, MalwareBytes or Hitman Pro automatic tools (all are free). The manual method will assist to weaken this hijacker and the free malware removal tools will completely delete Searchnets.xyz and return the MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome settings to default.

nuttz

Queen of the Water
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
208.5 GB
Uploaded
102.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
56 (55)
Member for 8 years
remove direct links please @TooLittleToLate

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@TooLittleToLate hello please avoid putting outside links in your comment.. I have edited those thankyou.. Also thread has enough answers provided including ublock Origin & to avoid installing other applications that come bundled with freewares try Unchecky it wont let you proceed with Installation until unchecked the freewares.. Thanks everyone for ans.. Thread locked & Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.