Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Desktop virtualization software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florist

Downloaded
12.4 GB
Uploaded
147.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I value your opinion on best desktop virtualization software. I am a VirtualBox user but due to my issues with the VB I want to change to something better and more stable. Please suggest better than VB options.

Ranger

FB COMMANDER
👑 Administrator
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
258.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
99 (102)
Member for 3 years
There are several excellent desktop virtualization software options available, each with its own set of features and advantages. Here are some of the top choices:

1. VMware Workstation: VMware Workstation is a widely used virtualization platform that offers powerful features and supports running multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single machine. It provides a rich set of tools and integrations, making it a popular choice for developers, testers, and IT professionals.
  2. Oracle VM VirtualBox: VirtualBox is a free and open-source desktop virtualization software that is feature-rich and user-friendly. It supports running multiple guest operating systems on a host machine and provides a wide range of customization options.
  3. Microsoft Hyper-V: Hyper-V is a hypervisor-based virtualization solution available in Windows Server and Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise editions. It offers robust features, including live migration, snapshots, and integration with Microsoft's ecosystem.
  4. Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops: Formerly known as Citrix XenDesktop, this enterprise-grade virtualization solution offers secure application and desktop virtualization. It supports delivering virtual apps and desktops to various devices, enabling remote access and centralized management.
  5. Parallels Desktop for Mac: Parallels Desktop is a popular virtualization software designed specifically for macOS. It allows users to run Windows, Linux, and other operating systems alongside macOS, providing seamless integration and performance optimization for running Windows applications on a Mac.
These are just a few examples of the best desktop virtualization software available. Your choice may depend on specific requirements, such as the operating systems you need to run, hardware compatibility, management features, and budget constraints. It's recommended to evaluate each option based on your unique needs before making a decision.

Elzer

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
144.6 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
33 (32)
Member for 7 years
use VirtualBox 6.1 and you won't have a problem

Florist

Downloaded
12.4 GB
Uploaded
147.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Thank you All! Much appreciated. I will test your suggestions.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Give a try to VMWare Player (dont be filled by the name). It's the free version of the VMWare Workstation with only advanced networking things missing such as the ability to connect to ESXi Servers, not allowing vSphere to remote power control, and create clones either linked or full, and doesn't support UEFI boot, which none of the above are needed in the average home Virtualization enthusiast. If however, you need any of those, we have the workstation version that you can download.

Vmware has better hardware support, especially when t comes to anything graphic related as VBox only supports OpenGL 3.0 and Direct3D 9 and a max of 128 MB of video memory while VMware 17, supports DirectX 11, and a max of 8GB of vGPU ram. To understand better that means if you have a 12 GB Graphics card, you can run 2 VMS of 4 GB each and still have 4 GB for the host system.

All you got to do is give it a try because in the end, cause as @Ranger said above, it's not that there are that many solutions.

A couple of points just for accuracy's sake.
@Ranger
Citrix Xen Server (or hypervisor) has its own os (centos if I remember well) as it's a type 1 Hypervisor so it's not applicable here. Windows PCs can run the client you mentioned, but you need a server to connect.
Parallels Desktop is for Mac as you said so not applicable here.
Thank you otherwise for your excellent answer.

@Elzer
When the OP says he has a problem with VB, why do you recommend VB??? Rhetorical question :p

I think we will close this cause there is no real point to go on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.