Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

.dll to .dylib conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

linus_dee

Downloaded
9.5 GB
Uploaded
2.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I guys!
I have a question; I have two .dll files patched for a windows program and i want to know if theoretically is possible that those files converted into .dylib can work also on Mac version of the same program.
If it's possible, how can I convert the files in Windows or in MacOs?
Sorry for the noob question :tmi:

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Straight DLL to Dylib can't be converted, neither in theory nor in practice. DLL contains libraries that call often functions from Windows API and use code that can run on PC CPUs with the parameters that Windows sets, which is totally different than what Mac OS does. If it was that easy every PC software would already be ported to Mac OS.

If one has the source code, it could be possible to recompile the DLL depending on the way the source code was written and if you could make the code compliant with Mac OS build instructions.

The only possible solution I can think of is that you can run the software under Parallels VM with all the pros and cons a VM has.

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Everybody starts somewhere, there is nothing wrong with asking dumb questions so long as the answer give you some form of knowledge.

So, to answer you in a much simpler way than cyler.

Can a mp3 file be converted to mp4 to get the output as video just by changing the extensions? NO

So, then, can a MP4 file be converted to MP3 and played as a song? MAYBE, but then you would have to allocate the same space for that MP3 as if you were using MP4. It is just waste of computer resources, efficiency, time, and space. That's why converters were created.

Then, again, can be txt file be converted to jpg or png and be displayed as image just by renaming the extension or can jpg or png be converted to text format simply by renaming extension? NO.

Finally, it is just as stated above, you can rename the extension to whatever you want, but unless the in codes doesn't read and render them it is simply a resource and space hogger and a trash.

linus_dee

Downloaded
9.5 GB
Uploaded
2.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
d'oh!
I thought that :(

I hoped that somehow the file could be modified changing the .exec, .plist, .freamworks, etc. position in the .dll file and save as .dylib hoping that it would work.
The app is too difficult to find and i think was two years that is impossible to find the medicine for macos.

i'll wait to find a medicine file somewhere ahah

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.