Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kordoff

Downloaded
101.1 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hello, I got a strange issue with the display on Hp 15 DB0599SA Laptop when I try to install any Windows, but when it starting installed windows is ok.
Can someone tell me what could be the problem? Thanks in advance!
Qfy0ts.jpg

I want to install new windows because the old one is too slow.

Alessia_Amelia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.7 TB
Uploaded
51.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hello @Kordoff, went to the Support site and found it. The replies pointed to this:

"The BIOS can be corrupted during normal operation from a failed BIOS upgrade, or damage from a virus."

Would reccomend going to the support site for further info. Good Luck :)

Elzer

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
146.2 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
33 (32)
Member for 7 years
Looks like your integrated GPU is dying.

Fortesting

Downloaded
5.9 TB
Uploaded
17.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
What Windows version have you tried to install? Try installing Windows 10 first and then upgrade it to Windows 11 after if you want to go for it. But it is better keep it with Windows 10. It seems graphics drivers from Windows 11 are not working fine on AMD old processors.

Kordoff

Downloaded
101.1 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
What Windows version have you tried to install? Try installing Windows 10 first and then upgrade it to Windows 11 after if you want to go for it. But it is better keep it with Windows 10. It seems graphics drivers from Windows 11 are not working fine on AMD old processors.
It`s installed Windows is 10 and I am trying to install win 11 ! I will try with Win 10 Thanks!

Sharrow

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
368.3 GB
Uploaded
588.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
If you have an external monitor connect it and see if the display reacts in the same way.. this would help establish if it's a screen issue or not.

To me it looks like a driver-related problem. I'm assuming that it displays correctly in the BIOS. You mention that it displays correctly when installed?

Back in the day Nvidia had a serious issue with their GPUs, they would frequently display in a very similar fashion.

So.. my guess.. most likely drivers. Possibly a heat-related GPU issue. Has it ever been serviced?

Good luck! :)

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.6 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
Back in the day Nvidia had a serious issue with their GPUs, they would frequently display in a very similar fashion.
hmm i always use Nvidia and never have a issue / problem with those drivers :)
i still use Nvidia with my RTX3080Ti and still no problem ...

wat i want to ask to @Kordoff is how old is that Hp 15 DB0599SA Laptop and it can be that you only need to install the old drivers when you still can grab them ...
otherwise it can be that this old laptop is done and you need to buy a new one :)

Kordoff

Downloaded
101.1 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
hmm i always use Nvidia and never have a issue / problem with those drivers :)
i still use Nvidia with my RTX3080Ti and still no problem ...

wat i want to ask to @Kordoff is how old is that Hp 15 DB0599SA Laptop and it can be that you only need to install the old drivers when you still can grab them ...
otherwise it can be that this old laptop is done and you need to buy a new one :)
I am not sure how old is, my colleague gave it to me to reinstall it. It said that the Laptop became so slow and it is with Win 10.

Kordoff

Downloaded
101.1 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
If you have an external monitor connect it and see if the display reacts in the same way.. this would help establish if it's a screen issue or not.

To me it looks like a driver-related problem. I'm assuming that it displays correctly in the BIOS. You mention that it displays correctly when installed?

So.. my guess.. most likely drivers. Possibly a heat-related GPU issue. Has it ever been serviced?

Good luck! :)
I am not sure if it is been serviced, Laptop looks clean outside :)

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.6 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
I am not sure how old is, my colleague gave it to me to reinstall it. It said that the Laptop became so slow and it is with Win 10.
ok try tro install windows 7 pro from our furom :)
and first take a look wat graphic card / drivers you have then save them on a extern hdd / ssd :)
then install the windows 7 pro OS .

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Press f10 and hold while pressing power button to enter bios / setup screen. If the bios screen is distorted then it is not a software issue. It looks like the cable is loose at the back of the laptop screen.

Sharrow

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
368.3 GB
Uploaded
588.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
hmm i always use Nvidia and never have a issue / problem with those drivers
This was their range of GPUs for many manufacturers.. Dell D630/620 laptops having the worst problems... I said 'back in the day' We're talking 2008 ish.. :D
Basically.. what I meant was that the screen display like that is very much like GPU failure.. ;)

otherwise it can be that this old laptop is done and you need to buy a new one
This I doubt, I have around 150 laptops..of different ages..as far back as 2000.. and most of the time any laptop say..post 2010 will be easily maintained and still very much useable for most straightforeward tasks..surfing, office, youtube, vlc etc..
Don't throw this out just because of this issue. If the GPU is dead/dying *maybe* only good for spares.. But it's probably not that.

I am not sure if it is been serviced, Laptop looks clean outside
Ok, but does the fan seem to be making any odd/loud noises? That can *sometimes* indicate heat issues.. Maybe blow into the vents to clean.
Otherwise, maybe find the original Win10 drivers and run them.. I think this is a drivers issue that can be fixed. :)

Goodluck :)

Last edited:

Sharrow

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
368.3 GB
Uploaded
588.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
It looks like the cable is loose at the back of the laptop screen.
Just read that.. yes that is also possible. But check in the BIOS..and check with an external monitor..that will establish if it's a screen/hardware issue.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.6 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@Kordoff when i 'm in the computershop then i would connect it with a extern screen and then i would use a driver download / update program :) like driverupdater from our forum here that should also do the job :)
check this out maybe it help :)

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
I have had 2 similar looking issues. Both times it was the ribbon cable from mobo going to the LCD. Repeated open,close,open,close causes wear and tear on the skinny ribbons they like to use, and they break or pop loose. IF it isnt a driver issue, then pop the case apart and check the ribbon, wiggle it while machine is on and see if it improves the video. If it does, either replace the ribbon, re-seat the ribbon in socket, or go with external monitor.

Sharrow

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
368.3 GB
Uploaded
588.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I have had 2 similar looking issues. Both times it was the ribbon cable from mobo going to the LCD. Repeated open,close,open,close causes wear and tear on the skinny ribbons they like to use, and they break or pop loose. IF it isnt a driver issue, then pop the case apart and check the ribbon, wiggle it while machine is on and see if it improves the video. If it does, either replace the ribbon, re-seat the ribbon in socket, or go with external monitor.
I've been thinking about this exact thing. I noticed that the HP logo is still visible in the background..this suggests to me that Proteus is correct. Move the screen, see if it flickers or changes.. The ribbon cables are usually weaker than they should be.
And if the logo is visible, I think that would most likely discount the driver theroy. But before doing any repair, definately try to test it with another screen. That should be your first move. :)

Goodluck! :)

decompiler

Downloaded
101.3 GB
Uploaded
5.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Looks like your integrated GPU is dying.
I too faced the same problem and it was the Graphics chip

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,590.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years

Kordoff

exactly same problem&situation before few months!
Friend of mine ask for reinstalation
After starting setup, same screen like Yours...
Connect mine monitor, and start and finish instal of W10!
Went to HP site and download HPTools+HPProtectTools /not sure if that was correct names, but just look true model number/
After install it, run it and it will find set of downloads which will be instaled
Shut down, disconnect ext monitor, and boot up.....
That comp still running without problems /owners words/

EDITČ Just call him and he confirm it work smoothly, And it was before half year

Last edited:

Kordoff

Downloaded
101.1 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years

Kordoff

exactly same problem&situation before few months!
Friend of mine ask for reinstalation
After starting setup, same screen like Yours...
Connect mine monitor, and start and finish instal of W10!
Went to HP site and download HPTools+HPProtectTools /not sure if that was correct names, but just look true model number/
After install it, run it and it will find set of downloads which will be instaled
Shut down, disconnect ext monitor, and boot up.....
That comp still running without problems /owners words/

EDITČ Just call him and he confirm it work smoothly, And it was before half year
Well, I tried to connect external monitor, but nothing happens.
I installed WindowsFX and everything work, I will try some more and if nothing works I will give him with Linux installed.
He need just to use Word and pdf documents and surf the internet! He does not want to play games on it, just for work.
But I will try to install Win 10.

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
Well, I tried to connect external monitor, but nothing happens.
I installed WindowsFX and everything work, I will try some more and if nothing works I will give him with Linux installed.
He need just to use Word and pdf documents and surf the internet! He does not want to play games on it, just for work.
But I will try to install Win 10.

wait..... you installed WindowsFX (linux distro) and EVERYTHING works???? I think you just answered you OWN question. IF Windows 10/11 wont install on the laptop without screen errors, BUT, a linux distro runs fine, then it is the Windows 10/11 you are trying to use. Drop back to Win7 and be happy with it.

I have an OLD acer laptop that came with Win Vista, so I deleted it and tried EVERY current version of LInux under the sun, and ALL came back with distorted and unreadable windows. I had to go back to an OLDER (2017) version of Linux Mint 17.3 to get ANYTHING to install on it and run right. Ended up putting Win7 on it and just using it for light duties when traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.