Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tips & Tricks Help With Photoshop Installation And Activation Problems

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
I started this guide some time ago when almost all the Photoshop versions we have were posted by Mr. Spacely.

Recently other members have posted Photoshop versions too. Many of them are repacks so they may not work exactly like official Photoshop versions.
I have not tried any of these repacks so I do not know how much of this advice is still relevant.

Installing Photoshop

DO NOT START A PHOTOSHOP TRIAL unless the instructions in your download tell you to. If you do then it will probably break the pre-activation.
Use the installer in the TeamOS post. Do not install Photoshop using the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Adobe will do its best to force Creative Cloud Desktop onto your PC so you may find yourself stuck in it.
Sometimes the only option you can see is to start a trial. If this happens DO NOT start a Photoshop trial. Use Task Manager to abort the Desktop app.

If you encounter any issues with a previous installation/activation then uninstall Adobe Photoshop.
Use this tool to remove anything left over from the uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.
Adobe might have a later version of this tool so I suggest that you check their site.

Look for and delete these folders if you find them:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache
C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore
Then try the installation again.

To see the latest features

Google "What's new in Photoshop".

To see the latest Photoshop bug fixes, Google "Fixed issues in Photoshop" and "Fixed issues in prior versions of Photoshop".

If you see messages about using an unlicensed Adobe app, or something similar

None of the fixes on this page seem work reliably for 2023 Photoshop releases (V24 releases).
Blocking the file "Photoshop.exe" in my firewall is the only thing that works for me now.
Of course, you won't be able to use any features that require internet access, like neural filters.
For V23 and earlier versions, the following fixes might still work.

Try this:

1. Open the services control panel and disable this service: Adobe Genuine Monitor Service (AGMService)
  2. In Windows Defender Firewall, block all outgoing connections for this app: Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient\AdobeGCClient.exe
  3. Restart your PC.
This has helped me on some Photoshop versions.

If that doesn't work then try this:

1. Go into Photoshop and sign out of your Adobe account.
  2. If Photoshop doesn't close itself then close Photoshop and any other Adobe apps that you have running.
  3. Go to the Adobe site and make yourself a new Adobe account . Just make the account and log out of the Adobe site. DO NOT use this new account to install anything or to start any trials.
  4. Start Photoshop.
  5. In Photoshop, open the Help menu and sign in using your new account.
NEVER "Start trial" or "Buy now" or "Try" when trying to install any pre-activated Adobe app.
Doing this will almost certainly mess up pre-activation.
If you can see no other option, then use Task Manger to end the Photoshop installation task.

If it's still not working then then you might be able to recover the situation if you uninstall Photoshop and try again.
Use this tool to remove anything left over from the uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.
Adobe might have a later version of this tool so I suggest that you check their site.

Before re-installing Photoshop I suggest that you use Task Manager to close any Adobe background processes that might be running so that they don't interfere with the new installation.
Use "End task" on any Adobe or Creative Cloud tasks that you see.

When you start your new Photoshop installation, log in with your new "clean" Adobe account.

For some Photoshop versions released in 2023, a hosts file fix worked for me. Add these lines:

127.0.0.1 genuine.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 5zgzzv92gn.adobe.io
127.0.0.1 resources-prod.licensingstack.com

Some requirements to download and use neural filters:
  • You need a Creative Cloud account but do not use it to start any trials.
  • You have to be logged into the account. Use the sign in option under "Help" in Photoshop.
  • The Creative Cloud Desktop app must be installed.
  • Make sure that Photoshop's access to the internet is not being blocked, e.g. by a firewall, by an anti-virus program, or by entries in your Windows hosts file.
  • If, at the first attempt to download a neural filter, you see a filter not available message then shut down Photoshop. Restart Photoshop using the "Run as administrator" option and try the download again.
  • If you install a newer version of Photoshop then filters you downloaded in previous versions may need to be downloaded again.
  • Some filters, such as Smart Portrait, process some operations in the cloud. Internet connectivity is required to fully benefit from these filters.

If Neural Filter gives a "there was an error running this filter" message, or any other error message:
  1. Quit Photoshop
  2. Delete or rename this folder: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\23\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData
  3. Restart Photoshop as admin.
  4. Download neural filters again and run each one.
  5. Once you have the filters you can try running Photoshop as a normal user, i.e. not as admin, but you may find that some filters only work properly in admin mode.
  6. Cloud based filters can be unreliable. Some days you may see a message saying that they are unavailable and the next day they will work properly. I don't know why.

If you find that you cannot open files in Photoshop from Bridge

Install the latest version of Bridge using the Creative Cloud desktop app.
It is safe to install Bridge this way but do not install Photoshop from the desktop app.
Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

Random crashes

Graphics apps can use a lot of memory.
If Photoshop is exceeding your physical memory (RAM) limit, then it will crash if you do not have a paging file.
Check that you have virtual memory (paging file) enabled.
If you are using a custom OS then check that it has virtual memory enabled.

Also check that your drivers are up to date, particularly your graphics drivers.

For any other Photoshop problem
  • Make sure that your system meets ALL the hardware and operating system requirements for this version of Photoshop.
  • Look at the requirements at the beginning of this thread and at the requirements for this Photoshop version on the Adobe site.
  • Look at ALL the requirements CAREFULLY. The requirements do change from version to version.
  • Follow and read ALL related links on the Adobe site.
  • Do not forget graphics card requirements.
  • This is particularly important for the 2021 and 2022 versions of Photoshop: Photohop requires a CPU that support SSE 4.2 or later.
  • If you see an Adobe error code then Google it.
  • Read this Adobe page "Known issues in Photoshop" here https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html
  • Read this Adobe page "Neural Filters feedback and known issues" here https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/neural-filters-feedback.html#Knownissuesandworkarounds
  • Read this Adobe page "Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud install issues with log files" here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cc.html
  • Read this Adobe page "Fix errors installing Adobe apps - Useful if you have an error code" here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html
  • If you need to uninstall Adobe apps already on your system then this app may be useful Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.

If you still have a problem
  • Please read all of this post again before asking for help.
  • Before you complain that something doesn't work make sure that you know how it is supposed to work. This is particularly important for neural filters.
  • Read about the feature on the Adobe site. Research it on Adobe forums. Use the help built into Photoshop.

Photoshop Books & Videos

Last edited:

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
It's obvious... this is Not your first rodeo @Charlie_Grimes ! :clap:

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
thank you for sharing this information, sounds useful.

loader72

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
175.9 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Many thanks, nice to have some hand holding. :nod: peace.

illusions

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
212 GB
Uploaded
7.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thank you @Charlie_Grimes for the tips
:)

heraclite 450

Downloaded
4.5 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
hello Charlie thxs a lot for the post I have tried all your the first part before the cleaner tool and uninstall photoshop. I have install all the creative suite....no problem with the installation during one some week ...and now just with premiere pro and photoshop I have the message for test or buy ...very strange ....if you have any solution that we'll be very helpfull....I have not find a new adobe cleaner tool ...so... I'm I AM AN IDIOT....thxs a lot

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
hello Charlie thxs a lot for the post I have tried all your the first part before the cleaner tool and uninstall photoshop. I have install all the creative suite....no problem with the installation during one some week ...and now just with premiere pro and photoshop I have the message for test or buy ...very strange ....if you have any solution that we'll be very helpfull....I have not find a new adobe cleaner tool ...so... I'm I AM AN IDIOT....thxs a lot
The fixes to try are in this section
If you see messages about using an unlicensed Adobe app, or something similar

heraclite 450

Downloaded
4.5 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
thanks Charlie I tried it but it's still not working ! I would like an other solution if tit'spossible before uninstall photoshop, premiere and media encoder...I think I need to reinstall all the suite....Do you if exist any amtlib.dll for a clean installation ?

thxs a lot

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.5 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@Charlie_Grimes in most installation programs from adobe you need to unplug or disconnect the modem so there is NO internet ...
after installation you need to block it with firewall :)

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
@Charlie_Grimes in most installation programs from adobe you need to unplug or disconnect the modem so there is NO internet ...
after installation you need to block it with firewall :)
Yes, but Photoshop is different. It has neural filters (AI filters) and some of them need access to the net to work properly.
If you block Photoshop.exe then it won't work properly.

For most recent versions of Photoshop posted here the firewall only needs to block
Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient\AdobeGCClient.exe​
and you may have to disable this service
Adobe Genuine Monitor Service (AGMService)​
This is to stop it nagging you at the end of the trial period.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
thanks Charlie I tried it but it's still not working ! I would like an other solution if tit'spossible before uninstall photoshop, premiere and media encoder...I think I need to reinstall all the suite....Do you if exist any amtlib.dll for a clean installation ?

thxs a lot
I'm not sure if amtlib.dll is still part of a Photoshop installation. Changing it is not part of the activation process for any 2022 Photoshop version that we have here. If there is one then just leave it alone.

I'm using this version and works fine for me

heraclite 450

Downloaded
4.5 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
thanks a lot Charlie and site wizard for your time ....I have reinstalled photshop and premiere pro and block Photoshop.exe . it's ok but ...tomorrow I will try that :

For most recent versions of Photoshop posted here the firewall only needs to block
Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient\AdobeGCClient.exe
and you may have to disable this service
Adobe Genuine Monitor Service (AGMService)

thanks a lot again .....I will keep you informed

ps : I discovered this torrent site and thank you for the after-sales service, it's rare

Shpitz

Downloaded
488 GB
Uploaded
3.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Hi, I followed every step of the OP, I ran cleaning using Adobe Cleanup Utility, but I cannot get any Photoshop v24+ to work, they all say unlicensed as soon as I open an image file for edit, I haven't logged into the Adobe ID account yet.
I have no licensing issues with Photoshop v23.x, but the Photo Restoration Neural filter is not available.
Any other ideas how to get the Photo Restoration Neural filter to become available or fix licensing issue on v24+?
Thanks!

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11340 (11340)
Member for 8 years
@Chuck Alot of information and work in this thread. Not enough thank you comments here. So once again, thanks.

Shreds

Downloaded
6.3 GB
Uploaded
2.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
what happens when your the dopey one that started the trial? :tmi:

Also don't have AdobeGCClient or AGMService and tried all the steps

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years

Hello Dopey
QdVTug.png

The Version 24 variants of Photoshop appear to be much better at detecting unlicensed installations than earlier versions.
None of the fixes on this page seem work reliably for the last 3 or 4 Photoshop releases.
Blocking the file "Photoshop.exe" in my firewall is the only thing that works for me now. It might also get around your trial mistake.
Of course, you won't be able to use any features that require internet access, like neural filters.
Or you could try going back to a V23, or even a V22, variant.

beaverfvr

Downloaded
10.6 GB
Uploaded
9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Thank you so very much

mikal_s

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
132.4 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years

AdobeGCClient can be found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\AdobeGCClient" as for AGMService I can't say as not on my comps!, hope this helps some peeps!..

BrecMadak

Downloaded
20.6 GB
Uploaded
176.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thank you so much Chuck for the workarounds. Not sure if I should block GCClient and AGMService exes but for now blocking the photoshop.exe seems to be working fine after many efforts. Cheers!

Su Hào

Downloaded
8.6 GB
Uploaded
4.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Hello Dopey
QdVTug.png

The Version 24 variants of Photoshop appear to be much better at detecting unlicensed installations than earlier versions.
None of the fixes on this page seem work reliably for the last 3 or 4 Photoshop releases.
Blocking the file "Photoshop.exe" in my firewall is the only thing that works for me now. It might also get around your trial mistake.
Or you could try going back to a V23, or even a V22, variant.
May I know which version in your opinion is the most stable version to use?