Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tips & Tricks How can I make Windows 11 faster? [Tips]

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
How can I make Windows 11 faster? [Tips]

1. Check for updates

1. Select the Windows button and choose Settings.​

w1e0b0aededaa6684f.jpg

2. Click on Windows Update from the left pane and hit the Check for updates button.​

w2.png

3. If the system finds new updates, it will install them and you will be prompted for a restart.​

Although it may sound unusual, your current issue might be also caused by a bug from Windows 11 and if Microsoft fixed it, you can hope to find a Medicines to install.

Even if you don’t find any new updates, we still recommend restarting your PC because this is the oldest trick in the Windows book to get rid of random issues.

2. Disable the visual effects

1. Press the Windows key, type view advanced, then select View Advanced System Settings.​

w3.jpg
2. Click on the Advanced tab and select Settings.
w40a567fab7c1e9fc5.jpg
3. Add a checkmark to the Adjust for best performance option.
w5.jpg
4. From the Custom shown list, checkmark the following options: Show thumbnails instead of icons and Smooth edges of screen fonts.​
w6.jpg
5. Click on Apply, then on OK to save the changes.​

Although visual effects can create a more unique visual experience, they require plenty of system resources. In the end, this will slow down PCs with older hardware.

Apparently, disabling visual effects reduces approximately 20% of the load on GPU, so don’t hesitate to try this trick too.

3. Turn off Startup apps and programs

3.1 Turn off apps

1. Click the Start button and select Settings.​
w7.jpg
2. Go to Apps.​
w8.jpg
3. Choose Startup.​
w9.jpg
4. Disable the toggle for the apps you don’t need to start in an automatic way.​
w10.jpg
3.1 Turn off all programs

1. Right click the Start button and select Task Manager.​
w11.jpg
2. Click on the Startup tab.​
w12.png
3. Right-click any program that you don’t want to load in startup and select Disable.​
w13.png

Many startup apps and programs can configure themselves to automatically start, then they continue running in the background.

Some of them might be unnecessary, not to mention that they also consume storage and memory. Thus, disabling these programs is a useful solution to make Windows 11 faster.

4. Enable Storage Sense

1. Press the Windows button on your keyboard or select the Start button and choose Settings from the list.​

w14.jpg
2. Go to System, then select Storage.​
w15.png
3. Select the Storage Sense option, then turn it on by adjusting the toggle button.​
w16.png

Enabling the Storage Sense option will automatically help you free up space, delete temporary files, and manage locally available cloud content.

As mentioned before, PCs can slow down because of running out of drive space. With this method, you’ll keep it clean, preventing negative impacts on your computer’s performance.

5. Adjust the Performance Power Plan settings

1. Select the Storage Sense option, then turn it on by adjusting the toggle button.​

w17.jpg
2. Checkmark the High Performance section, then select Change Plan Settings.​
w18.png
3. If you can’t see it on the list of plans, click on Show additional plans.​
w19.png
4. Click on Change Advanced Power Settings.​
w20.png
5. Go to Processor Power Management and make sure if the minimum and maximum processor state is 100%.​
If you can’t find the Processor Power Management option, this issue can be easily corrected by running SFC, Powercfg, and DISM, then adding the registry key.​

6. Get rid of Temporary Files

1. Open Settings by clicking the Start button and selecting it from the list.​
w21.jpg
2. Go to System, then select Storage.​
w22.png
3. Click on Temporary files.​
w23.png
4. Select all files that you don’t want, then select Remove files.​
w24.png

If you want to make your Windows 11 faster, getting rid of temporary files is completely effective. We are talking about Internet history, cookies, and cache.

They take up a ton of space on your device, so deleting them frees up plenty of storage space, speeding up your PC.

7. Uninstall unnecessary apps

1.Click the Start button in Windows 11 and select Settings.​

w25.jpg
2. Select the Apps option from the left pane, then click on Apps and features from the right.​
w26.png
3. Now you will see the list of apps installed on your PC. Click on the three vertical dots from the right of the app you want to get rid of and select Uninstall.​
w27.png

Your OS and computer come preloaded with some apps that many people won’t use, but they can also eat up system resources.

You should uninstall them according to your current necessities, so they won’t consume important PC memory. This can be easily performed by navigating through the Settings menu.

8. Remove bloatware

1. Right-click the Start button and select Windows Terminal (Admin) from the list.​
w28.jpg
2. Type the following command and press Enter to run it:​
Code:
iwr -useb https://git.io/debloat|iex
w29_2.png
3. The command will download Windows 10 Debloater app that will help you get rid of a couple of unwanted bloatware on your PC. Don’t worry, we tested it on Windows 11 and it works just fine.​
4. We now recommend disabling Cortana (if you don’t use it, of course), uninstalling OneDrive (same here) and disable the telemetry and tasks. The last one turns off data collection, location tracking and more such services that use a lot of your memory.​

This little tool can do a lot more but if you don’t know what you’re doing it’s better not to play with other settings.

9. Add more memory to your PC

Increasing the RAM or SSD memory can long-term speed up your devices. An SSD will load everything faster, but RAM can keep more stuff open at once.

Make sure that when you insert the RAM module, the knobs from the socket fit in the RAM module’s hinges. They have to click into place.

w30.jpg

Note that it is much simpler and cheaper to add more RAM or an SSD to a computer desktop than on a convertible or detachable laptop.

Nevertheless, if your computer only starts acting weird once you open tons of tabs, you’ll surely have to try a RAM boost.

There are also times when the computer is not using all the available RAM, so you should take this option into consideration too.

10. Turn off the notifications

1. Click the Start button, then select Settings from the list.​

w31.jpg
2. Next, click on Notifications.​
w32.png
3. Now, you can either disable all the notifications with the general switch above, or you can go through the aps one by one and disable their notifications individualy.​
w33.png

Disabling the notifications in Windows 11 won’t make your PC faster directly but it would influence your productivity because you won’t be bothered during your work.

Of course, we recommend disabling the notifications for the apps individually because some of them may actually be important for your work.

11. Remove unwanted files manually

1. Press the Windows key + E to start File Explorer.​

w34.png
2. Navigate to a folder where you know that you have many files, for instance, the Pictures or the Videos folder on your PC.​
w35.png
3. Click the View tab, then on the Sort by icon and select Size from the list. If would also be helpful to click on Descending down the menu. This way, you will have the biggest files first.​
w36.png
This was just an example but you can do the same with any folder on your PC that you know it contains old files you no longer need or use.

Quick tips on how to maintain the speed of your PC

Now that you know what are the reasons why your system slows down and how to make it faster, take a look at some of our tips to keep it that way in the future:

• Don’t install bloatware – Some of the software you need prompts you to install other programs that can even run in the background; don’t allow their installation.
  • Delete temporary files and cache as often as possible – It goes without saying that those files can slow your system down, so don’t wait for them to clog your system; be proactive.
  • Close unnecessary programs – Your PC’s memory is limited and if you run too many processes, your system will run slow, no matter how clean it is; you can also limit the RAM usage for some programs.
  • Verify the settings of your antivirus – Some antiviruses will use a lot of resources when they are running a full scan; that’s understandable but set it to do that when you’re not using the PC and, therefore, you will be unaffected.
  • Check the running processes – Sometimes, some software can use too many resources all of a sudden, even causing high CPU temperature. Keep an eye on them in Task Manager.
As you can see, we sorted out those options that will speed up Windows 11, improving its performance to the maximum level.

POSTER NOTE
Sorry about the images size, resizing all of them takes a long time and Gifyu only allows medium or full size image.
I tried medium size and they look very small, at least for me who wears glasses.

Credit & source:https://windowsreport.com/how-to-make-windows-11-faster/

Last edited:

Shuvo1970

Downloaded
568.6 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Excellent @juanamm ! I'll try for sure...

Noor MD

Downloaded
345.7 GB
Uploaded
267.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Nice Tips for Windows 11..

MindHonor

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
79.2 GB
Uploaded
1.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
thank you good Tips for this lag windows

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.5 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@juanamm nice tutorial for making win 11 faster buddy
thank you :)

Don007

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
121.9 GB
Uploaded
2.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
6 (8)
Member for 5 years
Thanks @juanamm for your time and effort to share this, and making the beautiful thread !
A small suggestion - You can add spoiler for each topics/points so that it will be less scrollable, in respect to image size !

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
225.3 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
Great tips @juanamm !!

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Thanks @juanamm for your time and effort to share this, and making the beautiful thread !
A small suggestion - You can add spoiler for each topics/points so that it will be less scrollable, in respect to image size !
I found your suggestion very interesting and I have implemented it.

Sharrow

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
367.3 GB
Uploaded
584.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Thanks for a great tutorial juanamm!! :inlove::clap:

Cool! :cool:

leperdu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
208.9 GB
Uploaded
14.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Thanks you juanamm for these advices.

dilwert

Downloaded
35.4 GB
Uploaded
127.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Very nice and well put.

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
41.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
:hi: Wow, thanks juanamm, this is very
useful information. I will be following your suggestions.
Bookmarked.

On another note, I love the look of that windows theme.
The colors and look is sleek and beautiful.:)

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
nice trick, commendable as well as so much more. Greetings!

MindHonor

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
79.2 GB
Uploaded
1.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
thanks for this important TIPS

Kornell

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
On windows 11 x64, i go to Settings.
Open each one of them and Disable what i don't want to be On.
I disable 99% of them.
For example, if you have/use a printer do not disable it.
Then uninstall apps.
After i use, ThisIsWin11 by bel for debloating.

Rave994

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.9 TB
Uploaded
24.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Very last option is to just wait until Windows 11 is less buggy.

BakonGamez

Downloaded
35.3 GB
Uploaded
241.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
I loved the tagged tips, Imma try this when I download a new ISO

Andy 52

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
886.6 GB
Uploaded
27.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Thanks from me too for a job well done.
Alive and healthy everyone at home! :h:

Aeezy

Downloaded
21.7 GB
Uploaded
69.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I Disabled my antivirus and tadaa :D

BoboN

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
264.2 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hello there @juanamm - Thank you so much for this guide - very usefull mate - Keep Up The Good Work ✌️😉✌️