Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

I cant update Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikitok

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
102.6 GB
Uploaded
823.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
First of all my copy of Windows 10 is original

Weeks ago to now when I try update windows 10 I have this error:

QYInez.jpeg

I contact with microsoft support but tips dont work
When I try those comands I get always error

QYIpn3.jpeg

I try repair with this and dont work

QYI4ZM.jpeg

I disable antivirus,try much times but nothing work
Windows except windows update all work perfect (photoshot,edge,avast,etc...)

I never made changes on regedit,I dont have virus or malware,in years I dont have made changes on hardware

And tip important:
I download media creation tool from microsoft web,I try re-install windows and I get error...

testament

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
34.9 GB
Uploaded
24.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Have you try to update windows 10 as standalone installer from microsoft catalogue?

hamabe

: It's that time again : 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Press Windows key + R
Type WINVER

If you have version Windows 10 1909 or 2004, you will have issues with Windows updates due to missing security updates
Based on your OS Build it seems to be already 22H2, so you can just safely ignore this Windows update for now.

The best solution for this is to perform In-place upgrade by downloading Windows 10 22H2 ISO file from Microsoft

You need to download the correct version of the ISO file to prevent data loss

Press Windows key and type Region settings
Check the Regional Format mine is English (United States)
So I will download that version of Windows 10 22H2

QYIStE.png

Last edited:

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
Give us more details please to help you

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Error 998 can be caused by messed up update process. There is free software online called "Reset Windows Update Tool" that it worth trying and is safe to use.

Mikitok

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
102.6 GB
Uploaded
823.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Have you try to update windows 10 as standalone installer from microsoft catalogue?

I download updates from my system but when I try install I get error

Mikitok

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
102.6 GB
Uploaded
823.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I have windows 10 home 22H2

Something on windows have problems because cant update and cant reinstall windows

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Google "Reset Windows Update Tool", it's free and clean. Run it to reset your updates safely.

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Did you run any kind of windows debloater or change your hosts file to block spying? Those can majorly break updates, either that or your update catalogue file is messed up

dOpeify

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
267.2 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
This is what I would try.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
255 (263)
Member for 7 years
have you try the Windows update troubleshooter and the windows update reset tool found on the web??

Richard_dn

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
696.6 GB
Uploaded
14 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Friend just Save what you need to save Documents photos etc
Install a fresh new version of Windows it will save you from stressing over updates give yourself an approx 80gb c:\ drive
and a second partition for big programs or games
and re-install your favorite programs.
now make backup with Macium reflect or similar

run backups once a month and you will avoid problems in the future
using Macium reflect to recover a boot partition will only take from 1 to 5 mins

Mikitok

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
102.6 GB
Uploaded
823.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Google "Reset Windows Update Tool", it's free and clean. Run it to reset your updates safely.

I try use this tool and dont work...
have you try the Windows update troubleshooter and the windows update reset tool found on the web??

Yes I try and dont work

Dark Wolf

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
883.4 GB
Uploaded
43.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
47 (47)
Member for 1 years
I did a little research based on what I seen in your screenshot of your cmd window. I see you have error code 998, which Microsoft says it's likely a memory access issue, or missing / corrupt files, malware / viruses, or an invalid (or corrupt) registery entry.

That being said, I think it's more likely you have missing / corrupt files. Some updates are known to cause errors / problems for some people, as it's well known to Microsoft. So it looks like the latest update(s) more than likely caused this.
Continuing to try to install the update won't solve this, and there isn't an easy fix for it, and re-installing windows over your current install won't solve this as it will still be there as you've seen.

My suggestion - backup all of your important data / apps / games / etc... to a flashdrive or other external drive. Create a new Windows install on another flashdrive, reboot your PC with the new install you created, wipe and clean install Windows.

Also.... when you said your copy of Windows is original, do you mean that it's the original pre-installed OS on your PC?

Mikitok

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
102.6 GB
Uploaded
823.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I did a little research based on what I seen in your screenshot of your cmd window. I see you have error code 998, which Microsoft says it's likely a memory access issue, or missing / corrupt files, malware / viruses, or an invalid (or corrupt) registery entry.

That being said, I think it's more likely you have missing / corrupt files. Some updates are known to cause errors / problems for some people, as it's well known to Microsoft. So it looks like the latest update(s) more than likely caused this.
Continuing to try to install the update won't solve this, and there isn't an easy fix for it, and re-installing windows over your current install won't solve this as it will still be there as you've seen.

My suggestion - backup all of your important data / apps / games / etc... to a flashdrive or other external drive. Create a new Windows install on another flashdrive, reboot your PC with the new install you created, wipe and clean install Windows.

Also.... when you said your copy of Windows is original, do you mean that it's the original pre-installed OS on your PC?

I try this days made backups on my external HDD and try reinstall windows 10

When I buy a PC have with windows 8 (I have the dvd) but years ago I update to windows 10 free

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I try this days made backups on my external HDD and try reinstall windows 10

When I buy a PC have with windows 8 (I have the dvd) but years ago I update to windows 10 free
I don't know how reliable this is but you also try this.

There are cmd commands and programs that lets you see the
Activation Key
of your windows. Note it down and use it on your new installed windows 10. Since you are reinstalling windows 10 and the MAC address of your PC stays the same. Theoretically, There should not be a single problem for you to reinstall the windows and carry the key over since yours is genuine key and one of a kind in Microsoft database. I have never tested this method, so everything is just a speculation since i never had a genuine key to begin with. And since, you have one, you can try this. Like i said, Theoretically, there should not be a problem since you have genuine key and was able to upgrade from 8 to 10 because you were offered to upgrade. And since you are trying everything with the same setup, there should not be a problem, Theoretically.
The only reason why i am stressing Theoretically is simply because i have never tested it out. I may be completely work but it is worth testing it out.

Practically, there is 50-50 chances that it may work and may not work. Chances of it not working with windows 11 is likely higher since you weren't offered upgrade but with 10, you have some chances.

You could also login to your Microsoft live account and get your PC synced also share the key so that you can re enable the key on the freshly installed windows 10 on the same laptop.

If push comes to shove, get your compliant to Microsoft authorized centre. Since you paid for it, they should be able to help you out as long as your keys are genuine.
Make sure you uninstall all software that has been treated with medicine, better yet, just uninstall everything and take it to service center and tell them that your situation

Last edited:

Mikitok

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
102.6 GB
Uploaded
823.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I don't know how reliable this is but you also try this.

There are cmd commands and programs that lets you see the
Activation Key
of your windows. Note it down and use it on your new installed windows 10. Since you are reinstalling windows 10 and the MAC address of your PC stays the same. Theoretically, There should not be a single problem for you to reinstall the windows and carry the key over since yours is genuine key and one of a kind in Microsoft database. I have never tested this method, so everything is just a speculation since i never had a genuine key to begin with. And since, you have one, you can try this. Like i said, Theoretically, there should not be a problem since you have genuine key and was able to upgrade from 8 to 10 because you were offered to upgrade. And since you are trying everything with the same setup, there should not be a problem, Theoretically.
The only reason why i am stressing Theoretically is simply because i have never tested it out. I may be completely work but it is worth testing it out.

Practically, there is 50-50 chances that it may work and may not work. Chances of it not working with windows 11 is likely higher since you weren't offered upgrade but with 10, you have some chances.

You could also login to your Microsoft live account and get your PC synced also share the key so that you can re enable the key on the freshly installed windows 10 on the same laptop.

If push comes to shove, get your compliant to Microsoft authorized centre. Since you paid for it, they should be able to help you out as long as your keys are genuine.
Make sure you uninstall all software that has been treated with medicine, better yet, just uninstall everything and take it to service center and tell them that your situation

I can install windows 10, 3 years ago I buy a SDD and install windows 10 from usb without problems and I dont lost my licence because my copy of windows 8 is original (windows 10 mine is activated without anny problem)

In weekend I try install windows 10 antoher tips dont work

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I can install windows 10, 3 years ago I buy a SDD and install windows 10 from usb without problems and I dont lost my licence because my copy of windows 8 is original (windows 10 mine is activated without anny problem)

In weekend I try install windows 10 antoher tips dont work
I am sorry, but i have a hard time understanding you, and i totally get it that English isn't your first language. So, correct me if i am wrong in understanding you.

You said

"When you bought a SSD 3 years ago, You installed windows 10 from USB and carried over your Windows 8 License, and your windows 10 got activated and it worked without any problem.

In the weekend, you will try to reinstall windows 10 if no other tips resolves your current problem."

Yes or no?

Please don't misunderstand that i am mocking you or insulting you. Since i can see you use your windows in other language, i can understand how little english you know. It is really amazing that you know this much even though it is not your primary language. If i have said anything that might have looked like i have mocked or offended you, i Sincerely apologise to you from the bottom of my heart and know that isn't my intention. I just rephrased your words so that i can understand it better.

testament

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
34.9 GB
Uploaded
24.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I think sometimes the things looks like harder than it is.
If nothing fix your issue to update Windows 10 then make a dissision for a fresh windows install as some members said above.
Maybe you spend a lot of time to fix your problem without result. It's clear that something breaks the updates, and there are enough reasons for this.

Its more easy to start from the beginning... but unfortunately you have to install all your software once again.

Personally I have the more of my softwares at a second ssd disk (if you haven't make a partition) as portables. This is very helpful to me because if i want to format my drive I haven't to install my software from zero.
I suggest you for a preactivated Windows 10 LTSC version without bloatware (search here).
Choose a software (I suggest AOMEI Backupper) and take backups as often as you want. For me is very important than a good antivirus.
If you want to update Windows then prefer a standalone installer accord the Windows version you have from Microsoft Catalogue and never from Windows update itself.
And if you want to try a new software make it through a Virtual machine and never directly to your operation system.

Last edited:

Doji4

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
245.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years

Try Method 3 ( starting @ 1:58)