Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Internal Hard Disk missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

splitnaren

Downloaded
17.8 GB
Uploaded
5.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
In Dell Laptop I reinstall the win 10 through UEFI boot mode after finishing the installation machines get restarted but in the boot order, I can't see the hard disk in the list just I seeing the onboard ipv4,ipv6 only. I didn't see the window boot manager in the list. so, please try to resolve the issue .. guys help me to sort it out... give the possible link to solve the issue.. Thanks in advance

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
In Dell Laptop I reinstall the win 10 through UEFI boot mode after finishing the installation machines get restarted but in the boot order, I can't see the hard disk in the list just I seeing the onboard ipv4,ipv6 only. I didn't see the window boot manager in the list. so, please try to resolve the issue .. guys help me to sort it out... give the possible link to solve the issue.. Thanks in advance
Some tips and doubts that came up with your problem.
a) Does your BIOS support UEFI boot?
b) have you verified the UEFI boot order from the BIOS?
I do not understand what you mention about ipv4 and ipv6, as far as I know these are Internet protocols, I do not understand how they relate to the hard disk boot.
Maybe I'm missing something ...

Bhaskar Shetty

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
97 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
clear cmos & try again (with Screenshots/ photos we can help better)..

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years

I think just like you with resetting cmos (bios, setup) and that screenshots can also help a lot.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11715 (11715)
Member for 8 years
Why didn't you use Rufus and then select BIOS or UEFI? I didn't have any problem, also try to reconnect HDD sometimes that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
...I do not understand what you mention about ipv4 and ipv6, as far as I know, these are Internet protocols, I do not understand how they relate to the hard disk boot.
What the OP means (probably) is that he can only see the network boot (search for pxe). Most PCs and laptops have an option to boot from a remote server and not the local hard disk for either OS setup (Remote Installation Services) or the OS itself (search for diskless OS)

I think its an unrelated issue. I don't think any OS install procedure can make a Hard Disk vanish from the boot list. Sadly we don't have enough info to help (Laptop exact model for example). As a suggestion, insert the USB stick again and by clicking advanced options when the installer gets to the HDD choice, see if you can see it there. A windows PE (live) version might also help.

Make sure your laptop does support UEFI otherwise go for a bios boot, Win 10 supports both.

Hope it helped and waiting for update

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Can you enter the BIOS? If yes, do you see the Hard Disk listed under SATA devices or similar menu. I am referring to that screen (Not the boot order screen) which lists the devices detected by BIOS like how much memory is detected, what SATA devices are detected etc.

splitnaren

Downloaded
17.8 GB
Uploaded
5.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thanks for Reply dude.... yea it has the UEFI BOOT order and it have the two options to boot like onboard inc IPV4, IPV6 only

Some tips and doubts that came up with your problem.
a) Does your BIOS support UEFI boot?
b) have you verified the UEFI boot order from the BIOS?
I do not understand what you mention about ipv4 and ipv6, as far as I know these are Internet protocols, I do not understand how they relate to the hard disk boot.

Thanks for Reply dude.... yea it has the UEFI BOOT order and it have the two options to boot like onboard inc IPV4, IPV6 only

Thanks, for Reply dude

What the OP means (probably) is that he can only see the network boot (search for pxe). Most PCs and laptops have an option to boot from a remote server and not the local hard disk for either OS setup (Remote Installation Services) or the OS itself (search for diskless OS)

I think its an unrelated issue. I don't think any OS install procedure can make a Hard Disk vanish from the boot list. Sadly we don't have enough info to help (Laptop exact model for example). As a suggestion, insert the USB stick again and by clicking advanced options when the installer gets to the HDD choice, see if you can see it there. A windows PE (live) version might also help.

Make sure your laptop does support UEFI otherwise go for a bios boot, Win 10 supports both.

Hope it helped and waiting for update

I will try this , and this solution will help me means i will update ... and Thanks for some clear idea to resolve the problem..

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
307 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
337 (356)
Member for 10 years

Thanks, for Reply dude

I will try this , and this solution will help me means i will update ... and Thanks for some clear idea to resolve the problem..

If the advice that was given to you helped resolve your issue, let us know so this thread can be closed. And in the future, please give a better description of your issue, including a description of your PC so no one has to guess at what you mean and what you have.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11715 (11715)
Member for 8 years
If the advice that was given to you helped resolve your issue, let us know so this thread can be closed. And in the future, please give a better description of your issue, including a description of your PC so no one has to guess at what you mean and what you have.

Hey!, I'm good whit guessing games :D

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11715 (11715)
Member for 8 years
Thread completed. Author has been here and no reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.