Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Is there any way to install microsoft office 365 to an other drive ( other then :C where operating system is installed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqasnaveed

Downloaded
22.3 GB
Uploaded
6.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I have an 160 gb ssd installed and 500 gb hhd ..so I want to install Microsoft office 365 but when i try to install it is installed in the ssd and i want to install in the other drive what should i do ? ……..i had used ease us pc trans pro and transferred it to the other drive but after that the office is not running correctly and after some times it would open office applications giving errors that the files are missing what should i do ?

regards
Waqas Naveed

WideGlide

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
39.9 GB
Uploaded
3.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I beleive Office 365 uses the Click-to-Run technology to install and, by default, installs on the respective drive where the Operating System is installed and cannot be customized at the time of install. That said, there may be a way of tweaking a registry entry to force it to install on a different drive but I'd be hesitant to do it because, knowing Microsoft, it will have a bunch of negative consequences after the install. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

colc07

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
24.5 GB
Uploaded
4.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Maybe if you placed your "User" files eg MyDocuments , dowmloads , Pictures , AppData etc to your Drive "D" / "E" [whatever your 500Gb is named] will do the trick.
Whenever I install with a SSD as OS , I change the User's Profile to the larger drive. There are plenty of tutorials and you tube vids on how to do this
I have never used Office 365 but if you install Office 2019 available from here as it is just about the same
Cheers

WideGlide

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
39.9 GB
Uploaded
3.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Maybe if you placed your "User" files eg MyDocuments , dowmloads , Pictures , AppData etc to your Drive "D" / "E" [whatever your 500Gb is named] will do the trick.
Whenever I install with a SSD as OS , I change the User's Profile to the larger drive. There are plenty of tutorials and you tube vids on how to do this
I have never used Office 365 but if you install Office 2019 available from here as it is just about the same
Cheers
I wouldn't be eager to move the "user" files since many installed programs have written to the registry the location of the "user" data. That said, installing Office 2019 is probably the way to go and perhaps, the safest.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
The solution is a bit tricky and its called mklink. Mklink is a windows command that can link 2 different directories in 2 different locations and so when an application is trying to access "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\" it will actually access "d:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\" or any drive. The process is transparent and office won't even know in which disk is installed, but it will think its still C:

Note, I don't have office 365 at the moment and so I can't fully test this, so you might need to do a bit of experimenting, tweaking, and research on the solution for your PC. I do use mklink tho for some other solutions and know it works fine.

Officially, Microsoft is saying this:
"You cannot customize the installation location for Click-to-Run for Office 365 products. Click-to-Run can only be deployed to the system drive which is typically drive C. "
We are not MS tho :p

Step1: You either need to be in safe mode or use an App called lockhunter. Office folder is locked by the system so when you will try to move it you will get some errors. In safe mode or using lockhunter you can "unlock" the office folder for what we will do next. You will also need to locate, which folders the office is using. On some PCs its any of those or a combo of 2.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\

Step2: Create a folder in the destination drive - D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office where D is your drive letter. Don't forget to do the same if you have a C:\Program Files (x86) entry and make sure spelling is exactly the same.

Step3: Navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office and move (cut & paste) the content to the same folder on the other drive. If you are in safe mode or used lockhunter you wont get any prompts (file is in use) or asked for admin rights. Do the same for other folders if they exist

Step4: Delete c:\program files\microsoft office folder. Might ask admin rights again. Do the same for other folders if they exist. The reason you need to delete the folder is that Mklink at step5 cant operate on an existing folder and needs to recreate it.

Step5: The crucial one. Open the command prompt and type this: mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office" "D:\Program Fiiles\Microsoft Office. That will create the folder again on C and link it to the other drive. By using MkLink, every time windows is trying to access c:\folder it will go to the redirected d:\folder.

Enjoy your office on the other disk.

If things go south, you can always just remove and reinstall office. I would advise you before you begin, to google the above command(s) to be sure of what they do and what you are doing.

I hope it helped and let us know how it went.

Last edited:

alaadin

Power User
Downloaded
38.7 GB
Uploaded
5.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
110 (109)
Member for 5 years
The solution is a bit tricky and its called mklink. Mklink is a windows command that can link 2 different directories in 2 different locations and so when an application is trying to access "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\" it will actually access "d:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\" or any drive. The process is transparent and office won't even know in which disk is installed, but it will think its still C:

Note, I don't have office 365 at the moment and so I can't fully test this, so you might need to do a bit of experimenting, tweaking, and research on the solution for your PC. I do use mklink tho for some other solutions and know it works fine.

Officially, Microsoft is saying this:
"You cannot customize the installation location for Click-to-Run for Office 365 products. Click-to-Run can only be deployed to the system drive which is typically drive C. "
We are not MS tho :p

Step1: You either need to be in safe mode or use an App called lockhunter. Office folder is locked by the system so when you will try to move it you will get some errors. In safe mode or using lockhunter you can "unlock" the office folder for what we will do next. You will also need to locate, which folders the office is using. On some PCs its any of those or a combo of 2.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\

Step2: Create a folder in the destination drive - D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office where D is your drive letter. Don't forget to do the same if you have a C:\Program Files (x86) entry and make sure spelling is exactly the same.

Step3: Navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office and move (cut & paste) the content to the same folder on the other drive. If you are in safe mode or used lockhunter you wont get any prompts (file is in use) or asked for admin rights. Do the same for other folders if they exist

Step4: Delete c:\program files\microsoft office folder. Might ask admin rights again. Do the same for other folders if they exist. The reason you need to delete the folder is that Mklink at step5 cant operate on an existing folder and needs to recreate it.

Step5: The crucial one. Open the command prompt and type this: mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office" "D:\Program Fiiles\Microsoft Office. That will create the folder again on C and link it to the other drive. By using MkLink, every time windows is trying to access c:\folder it will go to the redirected d:\folder.

Enjoy your office on the other disk.

If things go south, you can always just remove and reinstall office. I would advise you before you begin, to google the above command(s) to be sure of what they do and what you are doing.

I hope it helped and let us know how it went.
it worked for me..thanks for share and info explanation my friend :whew:

Status
Not open for further replies.