Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Is using Prowlarr behind VPN allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrypotterr

Downloaded
1.7 GB
Uploaded
20.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 months
Hi, I would like to ask, if using prowlarr, which is behind VPN would cause me any problems. Prowlarr as indexer manager uses cookie and user-agent headers to search and grab torrents to my torrent client since there is no API, and also allows me to have RSS feed for auto downloading and seeding stuff. My prowlarr is also behind VPN. Would this be considered as browsing website with VPN or not? I find it very useful having prowlarr to grab my torrents as it makes searching a lot easier. Thank you for your answer.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
Lets start with this, using VPN for browsing our forum is not allowed.
Using prowlarr or VPN during seeding only, is allowed.
Is that clear to you?

harrypotterr

Downloaded
1.7 GB
Uploaded
20.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 months
Lets start with this, using VPN for browsing our forum is not allowed.
Using prowlarr or VPN during seeding only, is allowed.
Is that clear to you?
Not sure because prowlarr doesn't actually seed or downloads the torrent itself, it just searches torrents queries across the site using cookie of my login session from my home IP, so not sure if that would be considered as using VPN or not and yes I know it's agains the rules, just wondering how would it show up in your system if prowlarr / jackett was about to use that cookie to download torrent files and pass to torrent client to actually download the torent itself afterwards. Didn't want to try it before asking.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
It would be best to use it without a VPN, there is no need either to be honest since its just "browsing" while getting torrents, cause since it will use your session, you will seem like browsing via VPN.
Having said that, we relaxed a bit on the VPN rules, but if in any case, your account appears as using the same IP (save VPN server) as members that break rules, you might get caught in the "crossfire"

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
254 (262)
Member for 7 years
solved not much to say here, rules are rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.