Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Linux Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Im trying to make packaging applications for Linux desktop!:)

Linus, the creator of the Linux kernel, doesn't offer executables aka binaries of his own software Sub Surface for Linux desktop even though he does offer binaries for Mac OSX and Windows.
Statically-linked application and an application which bundles private copies of all required libraries it doesn't permit sharing of the libraries between applications, it makes it harder to apply security updates (malignant viruses come)!

Why doesn't the creator himself support his own kernel?:(

Hawkeye

Uploader
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
31.7 GB
Uploaded
23.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
216 (218)
Member for 7 years
@Jugoexpress needs help :eek:, this is a rare thing indeed, i do hope someone can help you mate :) maybe @Astro

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
225.3 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
Im trying to make packaging applications for Linux desktop!:)

Linus, the creator of the Linux kernel, doesn't offer executables aka binaries of his own software Sub Surface for Linux desktop even though he does offer binaries for Mac OSX and Windows.
Statically-linked application and an application which bundles private copies of all required libraries it doesn't permit sharing of the libraries between applications, it makes it harder to apply security updates (malignant viruses come)!

Why doesn't the creator himself support his own kernel?:(
The Subsurface team is making our own dedicated binaries available for a number of Linux versions as well as a generic ā€œAppImageā€ that should work on most any Linux distribution.

Ubuntu (14.04 -- only up to Subsurface 4.6.4, 16.04, 16.10 (up to 4.6.4), and 17.04), LinuxMint (17 (up to 4.6.4) and 18), and Debian Jessie (up to 4.6.4) and Stretch
To use these binaries in Ubuntu, simply add the following PPA to your system:

ppa:subsurface/subsurface
On LinuxMint you have to add this on the command line and explicitly request the PPA version of Subsurface, otherwise the outdated Subsurface 4.0 would have been installed:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:subsurface/subsurface
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install subsurface=4.7.8-1~xenial
For Debian Jessie you need to add the Ubuntu repository:

echo "deb xenial main"
| sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/subsurface.list
gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys A8BC9756EE61D9C6
gpg -a --export A8BC9756EE61D9C6 | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
For distributions who only support the older Subsurface version replacexenialwithtrusty.
Now you can install Subsurface from that repository:

sudo apt-get install subsurface
Make sure you are getting a current version with all its Qt5 dependencies.

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
i'll check and test, i'll give you the result, thanks @Astro :rock:

@Astro
Everyone is in place, there is no change, so we use Debian-Suse OK, while derivatives like Mint do not want to use. So, i bet on Canonical, that something will make revolutionary. I will listen to your suggestion and try to do something.:rock:

@Astro
First, i'll clean the Linux access control system (Grsecurity and AppArmor) and set volume for blocking storage and then encrypt sector by sector without headers and metadata. Only then can the combinations of luks -dm crypt extensions be inserted.

@Astro
my linode has some interfaces i don't recognize that, are all in a DOWN state, i have no idea where these are coming.
dZ54A.png

@Astro
Im running a backup server (a shell map for mounting a remote directory and rdiff-backup), SSH and SSHFS access and automation of daily backups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.