Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Looking for recommended OS for Surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

marr0n

Downloaded
54.1 GB
Uploaded
558.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Quite sure I can still pick one of your great OS's even with the Microsoft Surface Book Pro.

I'm just wondering if there are some special Tools I should still consider or to be aware of.
Thats why its my question if there is someone over here who can recommend particular OS or software which would improve the user experience.

I mostly my Surface in standard mode since I just cant enjoy the tablet mode. I only make a use of the touch screen if I do my drawings .

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
227.6 GB
Uploaded
1.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
Get a Windows 10 ISO from TeamOS, use RUFUS to create the USB drive,follow instructions below. ONLY use a full Windows 10,not a lite version.
  1. Surface can only boot from a USB that is formatted with FAT32
  2. The downloaded Windows 10 ISO file is only compatible with a NTFS formatted USB drive by most ISO-to-USB tools. Use RUFUS,make sure it's formatted at FAT32
  3. Knowing how to force a Surface to boot from USB

1. Insert a Windows 10 bootable USB drive into the USB port on your Surface
  2. Press and hold the volume-down button
  3. Press and release the power button
  4. When the Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button
  5. Proceed with clean install

primord

Downloaded
62 GB
Uploaded
323.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I'd stay with win8.1 on a surface personally. You can download reinstall images from MS with ur serial# (under the legstand) if it shipped with win8.1

marr0n

Downloaded
54.1 GB
Uploaded
558.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Get a Windows 10 ISO from TeamOS, use RUFUS to create the USB drive,follow instructions below. ONLY use a full Windows 10,not a lite version.

Just curious why not a Lite Version? Are there some limitations?

I tried to go as well with MBP on the surface, seemed to work, thank you for that advice.

I'd stay with win8.1 on a surface personally. You can download reinstall images from MS with ur serial# (under the legstand) if it shipped with win8.1

I also thought about that idea. It seemed to offer a better UI in general especially in Tablet Mode.

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
227.6 GB
Uploaded
1.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years

I tried to go as well with MBP on the surface, seemed to work, thank you for that advice.

I also thought about that idea. It seemed to offer a better UI in general especially in Tablet Mode.
Lite versions have many things/services removed,some of which may be important for tablets.

primord

Downloaded
62 GB
Uploaded
323.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years

"tablet mode" are you talking about metro apps here or ???

mkrleza

Si non confectus, non reficiat
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
659.8 GB
Uploaded
65.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (7)
Member for 7 years
"tablet mode" are you talking about metro apps here or ???
It's Microsoft Surface Book Pro.

The author said
"I mostly my Surface in standard mode since I just cant enjoy the tablet mode. I only make a use of the touch screen if I do my drawings ."

casperyc

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
165.2 GB
Uploaded
378.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
  1. Surface can only boot from a USB that is formatted with FAT32

NOT true for Surface 7 Pro.

But otherwise I totally agree. DO NOT use lite/compact version unless you are absolutely sure they have tablet support.

I am using the MSDN original version for my Surface Pro 7, and the original driver pack from Mircosoft.

primord

Downloaded
62 GB
Uploaded
323.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
secure erase SSD utility for surfaces - FYI

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@marr0n, I think we already have enough information here, even the official Microsoft link with all current software, firmware, and drivers for the Surface Pro 7 has been provided.
FYI Surface Pro 7 for consumers comes with Windows 10 Home to bring you the powerful Windows features you use most at an exceptional value. If you need additional enterprise management and security tools for the workplace, you can switch to Windows 10 Pro for just $99 or purchase Surface Pro 7 for Business.
A tip, I would leave the OS that comes from the factory and keep it updated. Now you know which OS to choose, try the one that best suits your needs. If you need a custom one, request it in the VIP section, keep in mind that it may have delays since the developers are complying with other requests.
Completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.