Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Need Help For Reducing Windows iso

Status
Not open for further replies.

quatorzegigas

Downloaded
16.2 GB
Uploaded
5.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hi y'all i hope you all be fine !! As mentionned in the thread title i want to create my own win 10 lite build and i want to have a windows footprint about 5gb after install, but i got 10gb instead !! If someone could enlight me on what i can remove to... i use MSMG TOOLKIT to do my lite build, thanks.

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
Easy..... do like we ALL did. Start with an ISO, and start removing stuff. Save it and test it. Keep going til you either: (a) Get it the size you want it, (b) you break it and have to start again. Other than that, dont know what to tell ya. Im a decent builder, but not the best at making "lite" versions. Also, GOOD LUCK getting an install in at UNDER 5gb total installed. I can barely keep mine in the 20gb range :)

quatorzegigas

Downloaded
16.2 GB
Uploaded
5.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Easy..... do like we ALL did. Start with an ISO, and start removing stuff. Save it and test it. Keep going til you either: (a) Get it the size you want it, (b) you break it and have to start again. Other than that, dont know what to tell ya. Im a decent builder, but not the best at making "lite" versions. Also, GOOD LUCK getting an install in at UNDER 5gb total installed. I can barely keep mine in the 20gb range :)

In fact it is what i do, i grab an iso that i want and start removing what i want, and i don't know if it's software limitations or not, but i remove like everything so there is almost all functionnality remove then it remains nothing to remove to gain less install space, si i'm running out of ressources, you see ??

Phrankie

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
340.2 GB
Uploaded
619.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
101 (100)
Member for 2 years
In fact it is what i do, i grab an iso that i want and start removing what i want, and i don't know if it's software limitations or not, but i remove like everything so there is almost all functionnality remove then it remains nothing to remove to gain less install space, si i'm running out of ressources, you see ??
Just explore more and you will achieve what you want soon even 4gb installation size is not possible with full featured and updatable build

tonho-888

Downloaded
11.5 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
WinReducer can help,try this in your iso

quatorzegigas

Downloaded
16.2 GB
Uploaded
5.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
WinReducer can help,try this in your iso
Okayyyy, i'll give it a try, thanks

quatorzegigas

Downloaded
16.2 GB
Uploaded
5.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Just explore more and you will achieve what you want soon even 4gb installation size is not possible with full featured and updatable build
Ok, anyway, i don't care of full features and updatable build, i want an os for only gaming, so all components wrong with gaming must just go 😅😅😅 as good as updates.

Last edited:

Phrankie

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
340.2 GB
Uploaded
619.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
101 (100)
Member for 2 years
Ok, anyway, i don't care of full features and updatable build, i want an os for only gaming, so all components wrong with gaming must just go 😅😅😅 as good as gaming.
Then bring it on to achieve powerful performance on gaming:rock:

SanMir

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
97.4 GB
Uploaded
6.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
133 (144)
Member for 5 years
Type on your browser "MSMG Toolkit", then hit enter.

A good start for you.

quatorzegigas

Downloaded
16.2 GB
Uploaded
5.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Type on your browser "MSMG Toolkit", then hit enter.

A good start for you.
Yes, it's that i used, but not satisfied yet, i remove all i can, but could not achieve my goal of having around 5gb installed size, i'm at 10 gb now

MIAN MUZAMMAL

Downloaded
108.4 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
try lzx compression and convert the install.wim into install.esd it will reduse the size. and about the size after the install it was hard for mt to achieve that also but good luck with that if you find a solution kindly share it here also

quatorzegigas

Downloaded
16.2 GB
Uploaded
5.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
try lzx compression and convert the install.wim into install.esd it will reduse the size. and about the size after the install it was hard for mt to achieve that also but good luck with that if you find a solution kindly share it here also
Okay, vert useful hints, the lzx compression and the convention on install.wim, i will give it a try and let you know

kuwaitpcnet

Downloaded
11 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Okay, vert useful hints, the lzx compression and the convention on install.wim, i will give it a try and let you know
.Wim and .Esd it’s just for storing size not installation; Esd more compression but takes longer time in installation than .Wim.

Dark Wolf

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
883.4 GB
Uploaded
43.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
47 (47)
Member for 1 years
.Wim and .Esd it’s just for storing size not installation; Esd more compression but takes longer time in installation than .Wim.

A few things....

While I am no expert, though I have worked with both formats in creating custom Windows 10 / 11 builds.
ESD is higher compression, and is made for internet distribution as WIM files are typically larger. It was made so those downloading from MS wouldn't spend all day downloading it. They are also non-editable.
When I created updated stock builds, I compressed the end result to ESD format (install.esd) to save a little space. My custom builds usually remained as a WIM format (install.wim), depending on end result size.

As far as install times between both formats, it all depends on your system. Personally speaking, I've seen no difference in speed.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
54 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
262 (270)
Member for 7 years
use Winreducer!

@quatorzegigas this been open for 2c months did you achieve your request??

Status
Not open for further replies.