Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Realtek Bluetooth Driver Issue Since Msupdate Kb4103721

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
730.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Hi everyone,
I am a computer technician of sorts, and have been having a problem with my laptops Bluetooth since MS came out with the update kB4103721. I will try to mention all the details about my system and the problem as best I could, and would appreciate any help. I have faced the problem before as well, but managed to fix it using the drivers from Dripack Solutions or using the original driver from the Toshiba website. ( My system is a Toshiba Satellite C850-B763, Part # PSCBYV)
I am also using a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard mouse combo.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.5
The issue started with my system being stuck in the process of completing the update (it was unsuccessful, hence i had to restart the system), since then my bluetooth gives error 43.
I have followed multiple videos and steps provided on the other technical sites, but no luck there as well. In the end I have hidden the kB4103721 update.

Gollapudi

No time for myself due to work load
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.1 TB
Uploaded
430.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
843 (830)
Member for 7 years
1.Removing update using System Restore
Click the See advanced repair options button.
Click on Troubleshoot.
Click on Advanced options.
Click on System Restore.
Click on your account name.
Type your account password, and click the Continue button.
Click the Next button.
Select the restore point created before the update was installed.
Click the Next button.Click the Finish button.
Once you've completed the steps, the update KB4103721 will be removed, and your computer should start normally again.

2.Removing update using Safe mode
Click the See advanced repair options button.
Click on Troubleshoot.
Click on Advanced options.
Click the Startup settings option.
Click the Restart button.Upon restart, select Safe Mode with Networking, which you can select hitting F5.
Open Start.Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select Run as administrator.
Type the following command to remove the update and press Enter:
wusa /uninstall /kb:4103721.
Click the Yes button.
Click the Restart button to reboot and exit from Safe Mode.
After completing the steps, update KB4103721 will be removed, and your device should once again start normally.

3.Blocking update KB4103721 from installing again
The last thing left to do is to prevent Windows 10 from installing the same update again using these steps:
  1. Download the show and Hide Updates troubleshooter from microsoft
  2. Double-click the .diagcab file to launch the tool.
  3. Click Next.
  4. Click Hide updates to continue.
  5. The tool will check online and list the available updates currently not installed on your PC. Select the KB4103721 update, and click Next.
  6. Click the Close button.
After uninstalling and hiding update KB4103721, your Windows 10 device won't try to download and reinstall it again until there is a new update that replaces the old version.
At any time, you can always show the update again using the same instructions mentioned above, but on step 4, you have to use the Show hidden updates option. Then use Windows Update to download the Medicines again.
Source : Google
Let me know does this worked or not .
Good Luck

Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
730.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Have already tried this method, and unfortunately, my drivers did not start working again.
The MS update rolled back once I forced a diagnostic boot on windows. Booting the system once i see the windows logo.
Tried Safe mode with networking and then rebooted to normal mode.
1. System restore was a failure... Even when I tried to get it to an earlier date.
2. Did not need to remove the update as it never installed. It kept getting stuck after the logo screen with the busy mouse symbol. Lock lights operate, and mouse moves but no progress with the update, (as I tried doing the update once more to make sure it goes through properly).
3. This I performed once researched a bit an found that the KB has issues with Toshiba systems. Link:

For now I have set the update to be hidden.

I have also tried to download the file manually from the MS site and install it as well. Same conditions.
Thanks Gollapudi, any other steps that I may try, or may have missed out.

Gollapudi

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.1 TB
Uploaded
430.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
843 (830)
Member for 7 years
Have already tried this method, and unfortunately, my drivers did not start working again.
The MS update rolled back once I forced a diagnostic boot on windows. Booting the system once i see the windows logo.
Tried Safe mode with networking and then rebooted to normal mode.
1. System restore was a failure... Even when I tried to get it to an earlier date.
2. Did not need to remove the update as it never installed. It kept getting stuck after the logo screen with the busy mouse symbol. Lock lights operate, and mouse moves but no progress with the update, (as I tried doing the update once more to make sure it goes through properly).
3. This I performed once researched a bit an found that the KB has issues with Toshiba systems. Link:

For now I have set the update to be hidden.

I have also tried to download the file manually from the MS site and install it as well. Same conditions.
Thanks Gollapudi, any other steps that I may try, or may have missed out.
As microsoft itself mentioned blocking devices & You should stay on previous version without issues and stay off from updates till issue resolves.

Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
730.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
As microsoft itself mentioned blocking devices & You should stay on previous version without issues and stay off from updates till issue resolves.

I have done the same as I mentioned earlier. But the problem remains that my bluetooth is still with error code 43, under device manager.
Its funny, when MS releases updates they don't always give disclaimers before the Medicines is applied.
And, even with previous updates my bluetooth had similar problems, but reinstalling the driver after removing it from device manager always worked.
This time I seem to have run out of resources, and tricks. Which is why I have posted online. Maybe someone, may provide me with a hint or a step that I may not have tried.

I also tried to uninstalling the whole USB drivers. By checking which USB the internal bluetooth is connected. No luck there as well.
Internal troubleshooting tool, MS hotfix for Bluetooth and USB, No Luck!
A few years ago I would have started pulling out my hair in frustration. Thanks to my experience, I have learnt that would be more frustrating (dont want to go bald to early) :)

Gollapudi

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.1 TB
Uploaded
430.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
843 (830)
Member for 7 years
I have done the same as I mentioned earlier. But the problem remains that my bluetooth is still with error code 43, under device manager.
Its funny, when MS releases updates they don't always give disclaimers before the Medicines is applied.
And, even with previous updates my bluetooth had similar problems, but reinstalling the driver after removing it from device manager always worked.
This time I seem to have run out of resources, and tricks. Which is why I have posted online. Maybe someone, may provide me with a hint or a step that I may not have tried.

I also tried to uninstalling the whole USB drivers. By checking which USB the internal bluetooth is connected. No luck there as well.
Internal troubleshooting tool, MS hotfix for Bluetooth and USB, No Luck!
A few years ago I would have started pulling out my hair in frustration. Thanks to my experience, I have learnt that would be more frustrating (dont want to go bald to early) :)
have you experienced any issues same in other windows versions like WIN 7, WIN 8.1 .
Have u tried tweakbit driver updater or any other driver softwares?
Ill look this issue more deeply gimme time ...:)

Last edited:

Gollapudi

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.1 TB
Uploaded
430.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
843 (830)
Member for 7 years
Any of Microsoft's Operating systems could experience a Code 43 Device Manager error including Windows10,8.1,7,Vista ,XP and more.

Error Code 43 is a Device Manager error that means the following: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Refer: .aspx

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further.

1. Is your other USB device works fine?
2. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.
Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

Method 2:

Run the Fixit from the following Microsoft Fixit article and check if it helps.

Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows:

Method 3:
I would suggest you to install the driver for Sony Ericsson Xperia x8 Mobil phone drives and check if it helps.

here he suggested Sony ericsson xperia phone drivers..Now you try drivereasy or tweakbit driver updater mentioned bluetooth brand and if u have patience try different drivers compatible with your toshiba Device..which may give you luck
Method 4:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.
To remove and reinstall all USB controllers, follow these steps:

a) Click Start, click
Run, type sysdm.cpl in the Open box, and then click
OK.
b) Click the Hardware tab.
c) Click the Device Manager Button.
d) Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
e) Right-click every device under the
Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
f) Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.
g) Plug in the removable USB storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Method 4:

Update chipset drivers and check if it helps.
Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly:

One of the user Comment
Ans.2) Windows update has been done frequently. I happened to read that win update can cause bluetooth prob

solvusoft had a detail guide why it occurs and remedies

Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
730.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Any of Microsoft's Operating systems could experience a Code 43 Device Manager error including Windows10,8.1,7,Vista ,XP and more.

Error Code 43 is a Device Manager error that means the following: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Refer: .aspx

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further.

1. Is your other USB device works fine?
2. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.
Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

Method 2:

Run the Fixit from the following Microsoft Fixit article and check if it helps.

Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows:

Method 3:
I would suggest you to install the driver for Sony Ericsson Xperia x8 Mobil phone drives and check if it helps.

here he suggested Sony ericsson xperia phone drivers..Now you try drivereasy or tweakbit driver updater mentioned bluetooth brand and if u have patience try different drivers compatible with your toshiba Device..which may give you luck
Method 4:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.
To remove and reinstall all USB controllers, follow these steps:

a) Click Start, click
Run, type sysdm.cpl in the Open box, and then click
OK.
b) Click the Hardware tab.
c) Click the Device Manager Button.
d) Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
e) Right-click every device under the
Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
f) Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.
g) Plug in the removable USB storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Method 4:

Update chipset drivers and check if it helps.
Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly:

One of the user Comment
Ans.2) Windows update has been done frequently. I happened to read that win update can cause bluetooth prob

solvusoft had a detail guide why it occurs and remedies

To answer your questions:
1. All other USB devices/ports working well. No issues there, have tried testing them on different ports as well, all OK.
2. I did start using the Logitech MK215 wireless keyboard and mouse combo, this was around the same time the update was released. I know it could be (probably is) related to the issue I am facing. As Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Module (the device which is in code 43) seems to have a conflict with Logitech wireless devices.

Previously, when this happened, reinstalling the drivers worked. Only there was no Windows update rolled out at that point.

Also, I have tried out methods 1,2 & 4. Even with keeping the Logitech device removed from my system so there may not be any conflicts. I will give Method 3 a try as well. you never know... Might just work.
I have been using DriverPack Solutions v17.7.73.5, downloaded from here itself. It has come pretty handy for me when I need to install missing drivers on client computers. I always have it with me. Been using it for 5+ years now, though it failed me this time.

For the 4th method, I uninstalled up till the USB Root HUB as shown in the image below

BluetoothDevice.jpg

What bugs me, is that whenever I perform any update or reinstallation for that matter, the device shows as correctly working for a few seconds, before it gives the yellow exclamation mark on it. Which is why I think this is not a H/W failure, but some conflict with the driver files.

Gollapudi

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.1 TB
Uploaded
430.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
843 (830)
Member for 7 years
You haven't mentioned are u fine in WIN 7 & WIN 8.1 (if used earlier).Read each and every page that i gave you...Then i would like to see an expert to solve driver issue.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
I have followed multiple videos and steps provided on the other technical sites, but no luck there as well. In the end I have hidden the kB4103721 update
So is it fixed when you uninstalled this kb4103721 and then hide it?? maybe it time to find alternative keyboard and mouse and ditch this Bluetooth stuff.. Something coz trouble then be done with it..
Your the technician.. Lets solve close this soon!!!

Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
730.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
So is it fixed when you uninstalled this kb4103721 and then hide it?? maybe it time to find alternative keyboard and mouse and ditch this Bluetooth stuff.. Something coz trouble then be done with it..
Your the technician.. Lets solve close this soon!!!

Actually my motto is to try and solve matters without performing an OSRI or making changes to fully working parts (that's the easy way out). I want to understand the problem and try and solve it from within the system itself, as long as the H/W has not failed. And asking my clients not to use a new wireless combo they just busted money on, is not a good way to start. But then yo may be right, I just might need to switch to another wireless combo kit. I will try a few more before I switch keyboards.

Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
730.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
You haven't mentioned are u fine in WIN 7 & WIN 8.1 (if used earlier).Read each and every page that i gave you...Then i would like to see an expert to solve driver issue.

I don't mind WIndows 7/8.1, but i prefer not to move out of 10. I have been using it since its Insider Preview releases. Most of my tech knowledge I have is only because of the fact that I faced the same on my own system, and solved it there. Along with it, I have loads of S/W installed on my system. which would be a major hassle trying to reinstall. I don't want to go the OSRI or changing keyboards way so soon. I know that would solve my problem in a jiffy, but it wont quell my desire to understand why this is happening and what I can do, to go about fixing it.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
This chit chat is Complete and Locked.. I know Im right