Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Recommendations for VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyPhil

Downloaded
10.2 GB
Uploaded
2.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Hello!

Just wondering if anyone had recommendations for a good windows based virtual machine software that I can install another copy of windows & programs on to separate out from my main PC install?
Would be nice to isolate some work programs that I don't use too regularly, plus some additional installs that could/should be isolated on their on VM.

Thanks!

--CrazyPhil

Mr. Spacely

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11900 (11900)
Member for 8 years
Try VMware, Oracle VM.

vdogeek

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
I would have Googled for the top 3-5 apps for VM... then look here .... unless you did that already :p ... Good luck!

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
26.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
It's not like there are many options for a PC. You don't even need paid ones. VMware Workstation Player (don't be fooled by the name) is my personal choice and is excellent for home /pro use for anything but networking and clustering scenarios. Its hardware emulation is top-notch even for games (up to dx11). Virtual Box from Oracle is a second close, effortless but also a bit limited in hardware emulation compared to VMware but if you just want a Windows install you won't even notice it. Hyper-V is also excellent and best of all... it's already included with Windows, all you need is to activate it via add/remove features assuming you have a Windows build that hasn't hyper V removed (google for more).

There are more "exotic" solutions like Vmware Pro, but most people dont really need the extras, they just like the word "pro" at the end :p

Keep in mind that if you only want to isolate software from the OS, a sandbox software might be better for you or to be honest you can use both depending on the scenario. Windows Sandbox is a very good sandbox that is based on a VM and also Sandboxie is excellent, easy to use, and with a minimal footprint solution. You can google to see what sandboxes are and use whichever you decide, according to your needs.

CrazyPhil

Downloaded
10.2 GB
Uploaded
2.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Hey All,

I ended up going with Virtual Box, some odd issues (small) with it but it works well over all! Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks!

--CrazyPhil

Status
Not open for further replies.