Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Removing Defender quickly and definitely with Windows "Disk Cleanup" function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aileron

Downloaded
18.2 GB
Uploaded
269.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I like to be rid of Windows Defender completely. Deleting the Windows Defender program folder is restricted of course, with a flag saying this action requires permission of the "Trusted Installer". However, I just now discover that dragging the entire Windows Defender program folder over to a C:\Windows.old folder (either created by a new Windows install or readily typed up for the occasion), and subsequently running Disk Cleanup, does eradicate Defender efficiently, no questions asked, and in virtually one mouse-click.

I was just wondering if this is already a known Defender removal procedure and if it is commonly practiced. I have taken out Edge (C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe) in this same way.

Opinions welcomed.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
It removes, but then with an update it will come back. At least defender will.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
This actually does not help, as it just does what the OP stated doing manually. Removal is only when you have it removed and cleaned completely.

Aileron

Downloaded
18.2 GB
Uploaded
269.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
It removes, but then with an update it will come back. At least defender will.
Understood, but I have updating killed.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
Understood, but I have updating killed.
@Aileron
Try with DISM++ to disable windows defender or try this program (to disable it) it will do the job for you.

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
That's interesting thanks. I have used remove defender 4.1 and windows-defender-remover from jbara git hub to remove defender. I find defender slows older machines way to much. Have you used autoruns or a startup analyzer after you uninstall defender to see what is happening with startups and services? Thank you for sharing.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
That's interesting thanks. I have used remove defender 4.1 and windows-defender-remover from jbara git hub to remove defender. I find defender slows older machines way to much. Have you used autoruns or a startup analyzer after you uninstall defender to see what is happening with startups and services? Thank you for sharing.
Actually your startup and running services get debloated by almost 30-35% post that. Your RAM usage goes down almost 60%.

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I must try that, sounds fun. Defender does all sorts of things in the background and can be a system hog for sure. I don't have anything with a windows.old folder but will try on a virtual machine to make one. Regaining control of windows is harder than ever. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
310.9 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
i usually prefer to install Windows for a long period, even years. This is possible with LTSC and a good computer usage. Use Winaero, Optimizer, Def Control. I had bad experience with other methods, most cases errors when updating Windows wich is a big problem for me since I don't want to change my OS frequently. So my advice is: play safe, don't try too many scripts/tweaks since you don't want to reinstall Windows soon.

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
A good point and a fair warning, test in virtual machines and or back up before any messing around! I doubt there's a single person on the forum that hasn't crashed their daily driver machine by being tempted to tune it a bit more, that's both the pain and the fun of it.

Aileron

Downloaded
18.2 GB
Uploaded
269.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
@Aileron
Try with DISM++ to disable windows defender or try this program (to disable it) it will do the job for you.
Thank you @Jerry_Xristos this I will try.

Status
Not open for further replies.