Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tool to activate W10 2016 1607 Ent with a LTSB key

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascalwil

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
36.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Hi everyone
Before I go through the 16 pages of tools in the Treatment Center section can someone point me to a tool to activate W10 2016 1607 Ent with a LTSB key.
My motivation is to keep updating with the MS updates from the catalog. The latter updates apply to Ent LTSB only.
Thanks for your help.
In the meantime here I go digging in Treatment Center. Wish me good luck!
Cheers

Ranger

FB COMMANDER
👑 Administrator
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
258.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
99 (102)
Member for 3 years

pascalwil

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
36.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thanks @Ranger for your reply.
Have tried MAS and looked at Treatment Center.
No luck yet

If anyone comes up with a solution. You're welcome. Thanks

Cheers

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
For reasons I won't go in cause they are too technical, there is no way to convert or switch an annual channel Windows (home, pro, ent) to a Long-term Channel (LTSB and LTSC) even if they are the same version (1607 in your case). Certainly, it won't work just by changing the key/activation. If it was that easy, we would all have just one ISO and 20 different Medicines. The updates meant for LTSB are not always compatible with the ones for CB builds so if you just switched the keys, you would still have a CB build and the update will possibly blue-screen your windows.

There are cases in which you can actually do an In-place install/upgrade which means overwriting your current windows with an LTSB from a USB but that will only preserve your personal files and NOT the software or drivers etc. but it may also cause issues. In that case, honestly, is better to do a clean install and have a fresh system.

Having said that, make sure you do need the updates that come with LTSB. Since LTS builds are "locked" into their generation, they only get security updates, which if you have a good antivirus and use modern browsers and not Explorer 11 or the old Edge that were included with LTSB, or are part of a domain on your network, you probably don't need any updates at all.

pascalwil

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
36.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thanks a lot @Cyler for your reply with such clear explanations.

I'm updating Ent with the MS updates from the catalogue and when I reach the final one available for Ent that's it.
I'll forget about the ones available to Ent LTSB only.
No big deal as you point out since I'm quite well protected with Kaspaersky and Malwarebytes in parallel.

I've tried udating with Ent LTSB from within Windows but as you mentionned you loose the apps and settings.
Not good for me. I want to keep what I have already.

Thanks again for your time and insights

Cheers

Last edited:

pascalwil

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
36.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
I forgot to mention that thread can be closed!

Thanks again

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.