Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Two uTorrent versions on one pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohannKlaak

Banned
Downloaded
1.8 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Hello, is it possible to have two (or more) uTorrent versions on one pc?
I currently have qBittorrent v4.5.2 for seeding from TeamOS and other sites, and then i have uTorrent 3.6 Build 46828 (free version) for public torrent sites. I downloaded uTorrent 2.2.1 Build 25302, but everytime i run the setup it gives me following error: uTorrent has crashed. A crash dump has been created.
Also i heared that you need to rename the uTorrent folder in the AppData folder, but this means that the 3.6 version wont work.
So can i have two versions of uTorrent + qBittorrent running simultaneously on one pc?
And how to fix the error?

sid9282

Power User
Downloaded
22.1 GB
Uploaded
4.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Yes, brother You can run multiple clients with no problems and many people do this all the time.
They need their own port(s). Give them their own 'automatically load torrents form' directory (aka watch directory).
Usually is not a problem. Each torrent client will need its own incoming connection port, they can't share the same incoming port. And you may want to limit global connections on torrent clients depending on your needs otherwise the combined amount may tax your overall system resources.
Choose which client gets which sites and off you go. :p
Check our PM I have sent you a link of this topic

Last edited:

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
@JohannKlaak
You can run 2 different torrent client at same time, but NO 2 µTorrent clients... system shall write ..." µtorrent already running " /even different version You use /.
Only way is to have VM and run it from there, but please do not use same download folder for all torrents clients which You plan to use!

Please. explain What You expect as a result of that experiment?

EDIT: Please read >> this << and particularly >> here << .... You shall have better infos/picture

Last edited:

john80701

Downloaded
182.4 GB
Uploaded
573.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hello, you can, but you will have to configure the disk cache because if both have the same everything stops until your computer

JohannKlaak

Banned
Downloaded
1.8 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
@JohannKlaak
You can run 2 different torrent client at same time, but NO 2 µTorrent clients... system shall write ..." µtorrent already running " /even different version You use /.
Only way is to have VM and run it from there, but please do not use same download folder for all torrents clients which You plan to use!

Please. explain What You expect as a result of that experiment?

EDIT: Please read >> this << and particularly >> here << .... You shall have better infos/picture
So that basically means that, i can run QBittorrent and Utorrent on one pc, but i cant run 2 uTorrents at same time. But what if i was seeding or leeching something on one uTorrent, then i will close it and opened the second version. Will it work? I dont want to run 2 uTorrent instances at same time. I want to run uTorrent 2.2.1 + QBittorrent and uTorrent 3.6 + QBittorrent.
And for the explain, i want to make my torrents more organized. I want one instance for QBittorrent, where i seed TeamOS torrents, then i want uTorrent 2.2.1 for seeding from other sites like Rutracker. And then i want the latest Utorrent for downloading from public sites that doesnt require registration like RuTor.

sid9282

Power User
Downloaded
22.1 GB
Uploaded
4.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
So that basically means that, i can run QBittorrent and Utorrent on one pc, but i cant run 2 uTorrents at same time. But what if i was seeding or leeching something on one uTorrent, then i will close it and opened the second version. Will it work? I dont want to run 2 uTorrent instances at same time. I want to run uTorrent 2.2.1 + QBittorrent and uTorrent 3.6 + QBittorrent.
And for the explain, i want to make my torrents more organized. I want one instance for QBittorrent, where i seed TeamOS torrents, then i want uTorrent 2.2.1 for seeding from other sites like Rutracker. And then i want the latest Utorrent for downloading from public sites that doesnt require registration like RuTor.
as @fantom already said brother you cannot run the same client like the same 2 µTorrent clients with different versions as well it will simply show "µtorrent already running "

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years

@JohannKlaak

Yes, You can run several different torrent clients on one PC!
In µtorrent You can define folders for sites from where You download! Problem is that You need to do that in different torrrent clients
Pr9pTj.png

Pr9SkV.png

QGybWm.png

QGybWm

and with that, You shall have it organized!
Problem which can arise is "resume.dat"file! That file contain links to all downloaded *.torrent! My suggestion is to have portable version of several µtorrent clients to avoid overwriting mentioned "resume.dat". Portable version
keep that file in working folder, not in default AppData folder!

Basicaly, You need lets say 3 folders /or more / with portable torrent client inside! Every of them You can call by site name from where You download! From every of those folders |You can make shortcut of µtorrent on desktop
and rename it to folder name /egg TeamOS /!.
Then every of that instances run and edit paths like on picture above and You are good, right!

Last edited:

JohannKlaak

Banned
Downloaded
1.8 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years

@JohannKlaak

Yes, You can run several different torrent clients on one PC!
In µtorrent You can define folders for sites from where You download! Problem is that You need to do that in different torrrent clients
Pr9pTj.png

Pr9SkV.png

QGybWm.png

QGybWm

and with that, You shall have it organized!
Problem which can arise is "resume.dat"file! That file contain links to all downloaded *.torrent! My suggestion is to have portable version of several µtorrent clients to avoid overwriting mentioned "resume.dat". Portable version
keep that file in working folder, not in default AppData folder!

Basicaly, You need lets say 3 folders /or more / with portable torrent client inside! Every of them You can call by site name from where You download! From every of those folders |You can make shortcut of µtorrent on desktop
and rename it to folder name /egg TeamOS /!.
Then every of that instances run and edit paths like on picture above and You are good, right!
Thank you! Thats what i needed to know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.