Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Windows 11 Ad

We are about 18 months away from the end of mainstream Windows 10 support, but Microsoft thinks it is time to start nagging warning Windows 10 users about the inevitable. Users on Reddit report spotting a new full-screen ad with a notification that Windows 10 is about to reach its end of life in October 2025, even though it is still getting new features (there are even rumors about Microsoft re-opening the Windows Insider Program for Windows 10).

Ironically, there is no escape from Microsoft's latest ad, even for those using PCs that technically do not support Windows 11. It seems that the new banner is specifically designed and targeted for Windows 10 customers who cannot upgrade due to Windows 11's steep hardware requirements. It thanks Windows 10 users for their loyalty and suggests learning more about the end of Windows 10 support and the benefits of Windows 11.

A new journey with Windows

We want to thank you for your loyalty as a Windows 10 customer. As end of support for Windows 10 approaches, we're here to support you on your PC journey.

Your PC is not eligible to upgrade to Windows 11, but it will continue to receive Windows 10 fixes and security updates until support ends on October 14, 2025.

A Windows 11 ad in Windows 10

Typically, there is no apparent decline button: you can either postpone the ad or click "Learn more."

Still, it is worth noting that Microsoft should warn Windows 10 users about the upcoming end of support, considering the operating system's massive market share. It is just a bit odd to see Microsoft starting the campaign this early and without a single word about the ability to pay for the Extended Security Program, which, this time, also applies to regular consumers, not just commercial users.

With that said, Microsoft has yet to announce the ESU policies for home users, so we will most likely see a few more iterations of this banner. The approach itself is not new—Microsoft used the same tactic with Windows 7 before it reached the end of mainstream support in early 2020.

by Taras Buria
April 11 2024

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
256 (264)
Member for 7 years
ha ha I won't see it, I been on 11 for a while! lol

Sharrow

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
367.3 GB
Uploaded
585.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
ha ha I won't see it, I been on 11 for a while! lol
Me too... but it'll probably give me some rather worried clients, that I'll have to reassure that their computers won't explode on that inevitable end-of-life day.. :D

:)

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
256 (264)
Member for 7 years
Me too... but it'll probably give me some rather worried clients, that I'll have to reassure that their computers won't explode on that inevitable end-of-life day.. :D

:)
zombies after computers?? lol

Sharrow

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
367.3 GB
Uploaded
585.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
zombies after computers?? lol
:D:D:D:D two of my favourite things!!

BradG

Downloaded
18 GB
Uploaded
12.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I had a windows 10 pc that "wasnt compatible" according to the bs windows 11 benchmarking micro shaft does thanks to a few os builds here and some tweaks I found all over the interwebz I some how managed win 11 to work and it worked even better than 10 did on that system

"walks away singing against all odds..micro shaft take a look at me now...."

ssiva05

Downloaded
36.1 GB
Uploaded
22.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
This Windows 11 Advert might be a pre-testing for a Windows 11 or 12 or whatever version where uncloaseable ads will be shown to use Windows OS.... infuture...?