Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Windows install error MBR and GPT with Rufus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecharobot

Downloaded
18.6 GB
Uploaded
6.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hi all.
I have an hard disk 1Tb, with MBR partition....when i try to install a windows 10 version update, with rufus, i see this message:
"windos cannot be installed to this disk on EFI system, windows can only be installed to GPT disk"
So, i set MBR with rufus, but nothing.....so, it's the version of windows that is too new, or i missed something?Last time i installed a version, i did not have problems....wich version is the last to support MBR?

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
go to CMOS setup of the MOBO there you can switch UEFI BIOS to Legacy BIOS.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@Mecharobot, @PsyTom's advice is correct, to know what mode you are using in the BIOS you can press the Windows START button, then choose RUN and in the window that opens type the following command: msinfo32
Look in the BIOS Mode info and make sure it is "Legacy" if you want to use Rufus with MBR.

QOLvFg.png

If BIOS Mode is in UEFI you will have to enter the BIOS of your PC and change it to Legacy, if you don't know how to do it, look for images in Google with the version and brand of your BIOS, you usually find it in "BOOT".

QOLUB5.png

Then in RUFUS, in partition scheme you choose MBR and in target system BIOS.

QOLxcm.png

Here you have the official Microsoft solution for GPT or MBR, read the guide carefully and you will have no problems.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/windows-setup-installing-using-the-mbr-or-gpt-partition-style

If you do not achieve it with the official guide, here I share another way to do it:
https://www.diskpart.com/gpt-mbr/rufus-windows-10-uefi-mbr-0825.html

In this last guide they use AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional, this software can be obtained in its full version by searching in this Community, for example here you have the Technician version:

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
93.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
271 (279)
Member for 7 years
if Aomei that @juanamm m recommend it, doesn't work try parted magic found here:https://www.teamos.xyz/threads/parted-magic-2022-09-04-x64-teamos.184921/#post-924523
GPT is usually for UEFI settings MBR legacy so try formatting the HD to GPT and try then.... also are you using official iso or modded one??

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Be careful changing your bios / cmos / setup to mbr instead of efi as you may need to also turn off secure boot and disable secure keys. Some older HP and Fujitsu laptops could loose the secure keys somehow and become unbootable, it was a short live security feature I think. You need to decide whether you want to use an mbr disk layout or a gpt disk layout first. For drives under 2tb there is little difference in the schemes, it's your choice if your bios /cmos /setup supports it. Some people claim efi boots faster. You can do this via a bootable disk or usb like Strelec disk and run Aomei or minitool partition magic like people recommend and set the the disk layout to either scheme, you don't need a partition as the windows installer will do that. You need to then use Rufus to match the scheme for mbr or efi as Juanamm says. If you have mbr / legacy in the bios, you need mbr in Rufus, if you have uefi in bios, you need gpt layout of the disk. Windows 11 home and pro require gpt / efi I think.

sujatha1983

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
421.3 GB
Uploaded
915.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
If you have no data in your HDD then during setup process when it asks for install windows in hdd then press shift+F10 when command promp opens then type diskpart and press enter. When the cmd says diskpart then type list(space)disk and enter then the list of disk are displayed.

Then select the disk you want example select(space) your disk alpabhet, press enter and finally when the disk is selected then type clean. Now your hard disk is clean and converted to be installed your version of windows

here is the youtube link *****Edited by Moderator*****

Last edited by a moderator:

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
If you have no data in your HDD then during setup process when it asks for install windows in hdd then press shift+F10 when command promp opens then type diskpart and press enter. When the cmd says diskpart then type list(space)disk and enter then the list of disk are displayed.

Then select the disk you want example select(space) your disk alpabhet, press enter and finally when the disk is selected then type clean. Now your hard disk is clean and converted to be installed your version of windows

here is the youtube link *****Edited by Moderator*****
Please read the user's problem carefully, if he/she is trying to install an update it is because he/she has data.
There is a native tool in Windows 10 to preserve data and convert partition to GPT:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gpt
Then, please do not post outside links to TeamOS, unless they are official help links which should go in ICODE tags.

Wait for the OP to comment on something, perhaps with the help received he/she can already solve his/her problem.
Also we don't know what MOBO has, whether it supports UEFI or not, whether it is willing to change its partition scheme or not.

Mihring Fapa

Downloaded
132.4 GB
Uploaded
341.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
How To Fixed Windows Cannot Be Installed On Drive 0 Partition 1 Without Data Loss :

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table.On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks."

When 'Windows cannot be installed to disk 0 partition 1" error happens, you may get the detailed two messages as shown below:

When your BIOS booted in UEFI mode you will be shown this above message

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style.Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space.
The partition is an EFI system partition (ESP)."

How you can actually solve this error without Losing Data in your computer :

1. Close Windows Setup

2. A pop-up will showing, Are you sure you want to quit? and click Yes.

3. Close Windows setup

4. A pop-up will showing, Are you sure you want to cancel Windows installation? and click Yes.

5. Now,Common BIOS key is F2 or DEL.Depending on the age of your computer model,the key may be different.If Not work try F1,Fn+F2,F10,F11 or F12.

You can also use the "Advanced startup" feature to get BIOS settings.

6. Press F11 for go to BIOS Settings.

7. Now go to Boot,Change Secure Boot into Disabled and Boot Mode into UEFI

8. Press F10 (i.e Save and Exit)

9. Press F11 repeatedly

10. Now choose on USB Disk or your pendrive and press Enter.

11. Now a Windows Setup screen will show,Click Next and click on Install now.

12. Setup is Starting.

13. Now click on Skip and click on I accept,then click on Next.

14. Now click on Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)

15. Now click on Drive 0 Partition 1 (Which is your Primary)

16. Now we do not see any Error message.

17. Now,Click Format.

18. After Formatting is completed,click next.

19. Now Windows is installing.

20. Done !

cryptongg

Downloaded
133.3 GB
Uploaded
71.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Acpi bsod xp x86 SP3
On MSI H360 i5-7400 16gb
uefi to csm
yumi bios>>>ventoy>>>rufus

Last edited:

parvinder 2018

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.8 GB
Uploaded
57.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Guys don't rush to solutions
Please read carefully before giving
Any solutions
@Mecharobot mention
Problem his hdd disk is in mbr mode
Windows installation disc says gpt
Not install in mbr mode
Some guys says change bios
To uefi...
Some says convert disc
Mbr to gpt...
I am questioning him if he haves
Old bios pc and not support
Gpt file system than why convert disc
@Mecharobot - please post proper
Quiestion with full system Specification... Your pc support uefi ??

sujatha1983

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
421.3 GB
Uploaded
915.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Please read the user's problem carefully, if he/she is trying to install an update it is because he/she has data.
There is a native tool in Windows 10 to preserve data and convert partition to GPT:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gpt
Then, please do not post outside links to TeamOS, unless they are official help links which should go in ICODE tags.

Wait for the OP to comment on something, perhaps with the help received he/she can already solve his/her problem.
Also we don't know what MOBO has, whether it supports UEFI or not, whether it is willing to change its partition scheme or not.
Sir i have posted youtube link, if it is not permitted, then i apologize for my mistake sorry for that

parvinder 2018

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.8 GB
Uploaded
57.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Sir i have posted youtube link, if it is not permitted, then i apologize for my mistake sorry for that
No outside link. Follow the rule
Wait for questioner reply

Mecharobot

Downloaded
18.6 GB
Uploaded
6.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
My pc:
windows 10 64bit (education)
intel pentium G3260 (3,30GHz)
8Gb Ram
Mainboard: Asus H81M-C
Bios mod: Legacy
my wd 1Tb have 4 partition (Main is MBR), and i don't want to loose data, only format C and install W10.
I have already tried rufus, but now, even if I set MBR in option(trying the version "Phoenix LiteOS 10 LTSC + SE (19044.1865) By FBConan"), when I get to the installation I get the message written above .... and I'm stuck like this.
Maybe all new versions no longer support MBR?

Last edited:

parvinder 2018

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.8 GB
Uploaded
57.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
My pc:
8Gb Ram
my wd 1Tb have 4 partition (Main is MBR), and i don't want to loose data, only format C and install W10.
I have already tried rufus, but now, even if I septum MBR (trying the version "Phoenix LiteOS 10 LTSC + SE (19044.1865) By FBConan"), when I get to the installation I get the message written above .... and I'm stuck like this.
1st unzip Phoenix LiteOS 10 with winrar or winzip and download imgburn and create iso with files and folder and go to advance options and check bootable iso and brouse boot files ....
QOLRGR.png

Where to find boot files
Unzip your old working iso file
Go to boot section etfsboot.com done
For creating usb with rufas
Follow this
QOL4xA.png

Last edited:

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
My pc:
8Gb Ram
Bios mod: Legacy
I have already tried rufus, but now, even if I set MBR in option(trying the version "Phoenix LiteOS 10 LTSC + SE (19044.1865) By FBConan"), when I get to the installation I get the message written above .... and I'm stuck like this.
Now I understand your problem!
When you mentioned that you wanted to update I thought you were applying a Microsoft update!
What you want is to install a NEW Custom/Modified OS on top of your Windows 10 (education).
From my humble point of view that’s not technically correct.
If you want to install a new updated version of a custom Windows, your thing is to format and previously make a backup of your documents, photos, videos, etc.
To have more precise technical information, ask in the THREAD where you DOWNLOADED that version and the creator will tell you the steps to follow so you don't lose your data.
There is not much more to contribute here, all the advice provided works with stock versions, no one other than the creator of that version can give you or not the guarantee that it will work on top of your Windows 10 (education).
This thread will be closed very soon....

Mecharobot

Downloaded
18.6 GB
Uploaded
6.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I understand. Thanks to everyone for the possible help.

Status
Not open for further replies.