Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked windows local drives changes names

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasernody

Banned
Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
14.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I'm so sorry for disturbing but can u please help me after installing windows local drives changes names to local drive in my computer but they have the old name in computer management and when i rename it it don't renamed

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Please do not write in big fonts and bold text. It is not necessary and it is annoying to everyone.

Try this.
Right click on the drive name in Explorer. Use the Rename option.

Why aren't you seeding any of the 8 torrents that you have downloaded?
You come here for help but still you do not seed.
Why is that?

Last edited:

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11920 (11920)
Member for 8 years
@nasernody Thread moved here to H@R.

nasernody

Banned
Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
14.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Please do not write in big fonts and bold text. It is not necessary and it is annoying to everyone.

Try this.
Right click on the drive name in Explorer. Use the Rename option.

Why aren't you seeding any of the 8 torrents that you have downloaded?
You come here for help but still you do not seed.
Why is that?

i did it its not work too

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Are you using an administrator account?

nasernody

Banned
Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
14.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
No just local account with my name

if you don't mind you can see the photo in the link

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
26.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Can you please check if the drives have those files in their root folder?
Desktop.ini
Autorun.inf
Thumbs.db

and if so delete them and see if that fixed the problem? If those files exist, they tend to override the disk name sometimes. Note that the above files might be hidden so make sure you can see hidden files

Did you (or any program) by any chance, changed the drive permissions especially for the system account?

nasernody

Banned
Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
14.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Can you please check if the drives have those files in their root folder?
Desktop.ini
Autorun.inf
Thumbs.db

and if so delete them and see if that fixed the problem? If those files exist, they tend to override the disk name sometimes. Note that the above files might be hidden so make sure you can see hidden files

Did you (or any program) by any chance, changed the drive permissions especially for the system account?
i did as you said but still the same i wonder how the old names appear in computer management and don't appear in my computer and cant rename it after any windows install it happen to me but ever drive change his letter and name and change letters and names easily but this time i cant

PsyTom

Power User
âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Check if the drive is used for paging file, if YES change it to no paging file, restart, then rename.
Also, go to drive properties, in security tab check if there is SYSTEM with Full control Access Allowed.

nasernody

Banned
Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
14.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Check if the drive is used for paging file, if YES change it to no paging file, restart, then rename.
Also, go to drive properties, in security tab check if there is SYSTEM with Full control Access Allowed.
I'm sorry bro can you tell me with steps I'm not that expert

DGrigorescu

âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
316 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
What windows installed? It's untouched, it's from here? If it's from other place maybe it's a good idea to use one torrent from here.

nasernody

Banned
Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
14.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
What windows installed? It's untouched, it's from here? If it's from other place maybe it's a good idea to use one torrent from here.
of course its from here its MPB-Gamer-Elegant-Edition-V2-(19041.388) but thanks to @
PsyTom he helped me and his idea works fine

thanks bro its work but can you please tell solution to avoid change drive letters after install windows because its annoying

DGrigorescu

âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
316 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I have this problem too but don't think it's a big problem, takes 1-2 minutes to set things via Disk Management. Also i think it's not a good idea to install windows frequently, it's a stress for your hdd not necesary if you take care. I know i didn't answer you but taught it's good to say this.

PsyTom

Power User
âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
of course its from here its MPB-Gamer-Elegant-Edition-V2-(19041.388) but thanks to @
PsyTom he helped me and his idea works fine

thanks bro its work but can you please tell solution to avoid change drive letters after install windows because its annoying
Customize drive using an autorun.inf file.

nasernody

Banned
Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
14.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Customize drive using an autorun.inf file.
Can you please tell me how

The Professor

Uploader
âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
31 GB
Uploaded
33.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
44 (46)
Member for 10 years
Actually this problem occurs if a desktop.ini, autorun.inf, etc file is present in the root of the drive. It overwrites the custom label/name of the drive and forces Windows Explorer to show default “Local Disk” label for the drive.

To fix this issue, you just need to delete these files from the root of the drive. These files might be put by a virus/spyware in your computer and even after scanning and removing the malware using an antivirus/anti-spyware software, these files might remain on the drive.

To delete these files and show custom drive label in Windows Explorer, follow these simple steps:

1. Open Windows Explorer (File Explorer/This PC/My Computer) and then open Folder Options. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10, you need to click on “View” tab in the ribbon and then click on “Options” button present at the end of the toolbar. In Windows Vista and Windows 7, you need to click on “Organize” menu present in the command bar. You can also press ALT key to temporary show Menu bar and then click on “Tools -> Folder Options” menu.

2. In Folder Options window, go to “View” tab and select “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” option. Also uncheck/disable “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)” option.

20210328_081712.jpg

Apply changes and close Folder Options window.

3. Now open the drive which is not showing custom label and look for any of following files:

• Desktop.ini
  • Autorun.inf
  • Thumbs.db
  • lpk.dll
  • libeay32.dll
  • ssleay32.dll
If you find any of these files present in the drive, delete the file.

That’s it. Now close Windows Explorer and re-open it. Now Windows Explorer will start showing your custom label for the drive.

nasernody

Banned
Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
14.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Actually this problem occurs if a desktop.ini, autorun.inf, etc file is present in the root of the drive. It overwrites the custom label/name of the drive and forces Windows Explorer to show default “Local Disk” label for the drive.

To fix this issue, you just need to delete these files from the root of the drive. These files might be put by a virus/spyware in your computer and even after scanning and removing the malware using an antivirus/anti-spyware software, these files might remain on the drive.

To delete these files and show custom drive label in Windows Explorer, follow these simple steps:

1. Open Windows Explorer (File Explorer/This PC/My Computer) and then open Folder Options. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10, you need to click on “View” tab in the ribbon and then click on “Options” button present at the end of the toolbar. In Windows Vista and Windows 7, you need to click on “Organize” menu present in the command bar. You can also press ALT key to temporary show Menu bar and then click on “Tools -> Folder Options” menu.

2. In Folder Options window, go to “View” tab and select “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” option. Also uncheck/disable “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)” option.

20210328_081712.jpg

Apply changes and close Folder Options window.

3. Now open the drive which is not showing custom label and look for any of following files:

• Desktop.ini
  • Autorun.inf
  • Thumbs.db
  • lpk.dll
  • libeay32.dll
  • ssleay32.dll
If you find any of these files present in the drive, delete the file.

That’s it. Now close Windows Explorer and re-open it. Now Windows Explorer will start showing your custom label for the drive.
i did it bro and works but can you please give me steps to avoid drive change letters after every windows install

The Professor

Uploader
âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
31 GB
Uploaded
33.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
44 (46)
Member for 10 years
i did it bro and works but can you please give me steps to avoid drive change letters after every windows install
Usually it happens because of thoose files in the root drive
Try to boot your system using any WinPE and check if there is any files again if my known options is to full formatting the whole drive it is not recommended if you care about your files within it. If I found any other way will PM

Are you satisfied with this request if you we can close the thread

nasernody

Banned
Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
14.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Usually it happens because of thoose files in the root drive
Try to boot your system using any WinPE and check if there is any files again if my known options is to full formatting the whole drive it is not recommended if you care about your files within it. If I found any other way will PM

Are you satisfied with this request if you we can close the thread
Yes brother thanks for your help

The Professor

Uploader
âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
31 GB
Uploaded
33.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
44 (46)
Member for 10 years
Request completed thanks for every one for helping here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.